Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They will probably just announce it randomly sometime in the next 2 days

If it's true there's going to be a PS5 event next week, they might roll the announcement in with it. Maybe announce a big sequel as a PS5 launch title and reveal the first game is now on PS+

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Penn wrote: »
    If it's true there's going to be a PS5 event next week, they might roll the announcement in with it. Maybe announce a big sequel as a PS5 launch title and reveal the first game is now on PS+

I think its the first time they have never announced on a Wednesday, so must be something big

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I think its the first time they have never announced on a Wednesday, so must be something big

I'd say they simply didn't want it clashing with the Last of Us 2 State of Play last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

giphy.gif

*announces another simulation game*
    What the f*ck! Bullsh*t! Not playing that

*two days later*
    Why aren't people in my park using the rollercoaster? It has 8 loops and is moderately priced!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

after the announcement the usual people will be disappointed, the usual people will be defending the game / sony / ps plus and I'll be playing Warzone

*two days later*
    Why aren't people in my park using the rollercoaster? It has 8 loops and is moderately priced!

I haven't tried last month's games yet. I read about traffic management and put me completely off. Traffic was actually quiet in the real world and I did not want to go "ok, lets play a game with loads of traffic" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

*two days later*

Plays Civ: oh so this is how it's meant to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They used to announce early then it became the Wednesday before. Think it was the first time they changed to announcing it the Wednesday before or another time it was late, people said it must be something big.

It wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They used to announce early then it became the Wednesday before. Think it was the first time they changed to announcing it the Wednesday before or another time it was late, people said it must be something big.

It wasn't.
    Yeah sadly, going by Sonys track record this is probably true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

2f007c0-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Damien360

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I haven't tried last month's games yet. I read about traffic management and put me completely off. Traffic was actually quiet in the real world and I did not want to go "ok, lets play a game with loads of traffic" :)

I said the exact same and said I would give Sim City a blast for an hour at 9pm. At about 3am, I had to convince myself to switch off and go to bed. Reading guides next day for an hour online. It’s bloody addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Got my City's pop. to over 100k during the week - now trying to rack up the gold trophy's by building the various monuments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Gave that city yoke a go given the talk on here, and used to play bit of Sim City years ago. Controls felt awful tbh - might be decent with a mouse etc but just couldn't get my head around it with a PS controller. Soon deleted. All imo of course, glad others are enjoying/enforced addicted to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Maybe, it's just COD this month :eek:

marcbrophy wrote: »

Might be right. After all it takes up the space of about 3 months of PS+ games on the harddrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113546378&postcount=2868

The tweet in the above post that announced CoD says "We’ll share additional details of our monthly lineup later this week."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Finally a month that doesn’t have something I own already and actually wanted - sound Sony :)

Nice! I'll take that alright. Heard it greatly improved as it went on.

Don't think I'll bother with Warzone. I don't fancy the multiplayer, and though I heard the single player was decent, don't think it'll be worth it with other things to play instead.

Either way, great month. Two big games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Pretty amazing month alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Sweet! Nearly bought both in recently. I'll take that as a W.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Not a star wars fan and haven't enjoyed a COD game in ages so I am not very thrilled by this but It seems popular in general, might try the star wars game

Really need to stop doubling up on the ea access and ps now titles. Little unfair on those who are paying for those and PS plus.

Really need to stop doubling up on the ea access and ps now titles. Little unfair on those who are paying for those and PS plus.

And the fact we can't add ps plus titles to library without an escalation to Sony. I don't plan on renewing my ea Access, it's cheap but barely used it. Wouldn't mind battlefront at some point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Have never played either so happy out. COD I've never really been into as a franchise but I'll give it a shot. Star Wars fan but the last SW game I played was KOTOR2 on xbox so looking forward to giving this a go.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I have absolutely zero interest in multiplayer so I'm not sure how I feel about this month. I'll download both and play the single player campaign anyway. Won't be playing multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I have absolutely zero interest in multiplayer so I'm not sure how I feel about this month. I'll download both and play the single player campaign anyway. Won't be playing multiplayer.

Battlefront MP is a bit arcadey and a bit of a spectacle so give that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Tried and didn't like WWII, and no interest in Star Wars. Bum month for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My PS downloaded WWII by mistake (probably something I did) and I gad to delete it.
    I love certain CODs but this one doesn't appeal to me

Advertisement