Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

shmeee wrote: »
    What areas of Tipp?

From going around parts of Tipp a good bit over the last few months, these are the black spots for Eir Coverage I discovered, again its touch and go coverage and 3G is poor:

New Inn, outskirts Cahir towards Clonmel, Templetouhy, Dundrum, Upperchurch, Templederry, Kilcommon, Puckaun, Golden, Aherlow, Drangan. Some examples. You will be able make calls and sent sms etc, but some data services are slow or will be very laggy.

North Tipp. Between Ballina and Portroe and parts on Nenagh. Generally hilly areas where brutal on Three, but are much improved with Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

I was onto Eir live chat just now. Twice now I've been told by them I don't need to provide cancellation notice for my SIMO plan with them. Also, they were posting links to GoMo website in the chat to me, so they don't seem to be distancing themselves too much from it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 ConorMcNuggets

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Looks like you are correct about the billing date, however there is still a bit of confusion over the 9.99 activation fee, apparently its now the fee for the Oct bill!

Ahhh that makes sense.

A 10 euro "activation fee" to cover Octobers usage.

I guess they did this so it's less hassle than trying to pro rata usage at different stages in October and they'll also have less complaints of being accused of being ripped off for charging a tenner for a few days usage because now it's an activation fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

can you get mobile BB through a dongle with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭PCros

I was onto Eir live chat just now. Twice now I've been told by them I don't need to provide cancellation notice for my SIMO plan with them. Also, they were posting links to GoMo website in the chat to me, so they don't seem to be distancing themselves too much from it.

Would this be the same if I was on contract with Eir?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

flanzer wrote: »
    North Tipp. Between Ballina and Portroe and parts on Nenagh. Generally hilly areas where brutal on Three, but are much improved with Vodafone

Can really only comment from area between Ballina to Birdhil and onto Nenagh. Found it ok around there when every I was using it. But was never off the beaten track as such.

@ €9.99, could chance it on and not port number and see how coverage fares out for you. Not huge loss if poor then.

DonJose wrote: »
    I'm with or was with 48months. I ordered the GoMo sim yesterday. It arrived today. I changed my "Move My Number" request from next week to today at 11am. I put my new sim card in, turned off my phone and turned it back on at 11:02 and I'm now on the GoMo network receiving calls and text on 4G. Happy customer.

Where do I change the move my number date??

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Luckylow10

@ aquos76

From that chat transcript it looks like there is a bit of confusion/mix up. At the beginning he says you will be charged for Oct usage and also novembers payment, and if it bothers u just until 1st November so u won’t be charged for October usage.?

I believe The 9.99 activation fee applies regardless of when you sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The billing is very confusing. Is the 9.99 include the 1st month as someone seems to get from the chat or is it something else.
    Sounds like the safest thing is to order now and set a port date of 1st Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Where do I change the move my number date??

Click on Account Details, scroll down to "Move My Number" click on that. You can change the move date there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ahhh that makes sense.

A 10 euro "activation fee" to cover Octobers usage.

I guess they did this so it's less hassle than trying to pro rata usage at different stages in October and they'll also have less complaints of being accused of being ripped off for charging a tenner for a few days usage because now it's an activation fee.

Confirmed again by a second agent, the 9.99 Activation fee covers the month which you are signing up for, so essentially the earlier in the month you sign up the better
    Sarah [11:15:05 AM]
    Hey! Thanks for getting in touch. My name is Sarah.How can I help?
    You [11:15:59 AM]
    hi Sarah, quick question, is the 9.99 i was charged at sign up, does this cover October's bill?
    Sarah [11:16:29 AM]
    You are charged once you sign up then bill will generate on the 1st of the month and we will request payment from your card on the 8th of the month. You can pay manually via MyGoMo during this time if you wish.
    You [11:17:21 AM]
    i get that, but what i am trying to find out, will I be charged 9.99 for Oct and then 9.99 on the 1st Nov?
    You [11:17:59 AM]
    Ive already paid 9.99 at sign up, so what happens between today and the 31st Oct?
    Sarah [11:18:01 AM]
    Yes if you buy the SIM in october.
    You [11:19:09 AM]
    This is very confusing, Ive already paid 9.99, so will I have to pay 9.99 for usage between today and end of Oct and then another 9,99 for month of November
    Sarah [11:20:03 AM]
    Oh sorry no your next bill will be in November. Once you have paid the 9.99 activation fee thats it for October.
    You [11:20:29 AM]
    ah perfect, thanks
    Sarah [11:20:37 AM]
    No problem. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    You [11:23:25 AM]
    No thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

TheDriver wrote: »
    The billing is very confusing. Is the 9.99 include the 1st month as someone seems to get from the chat or is it something else.

That's exactly what I done.

Set port date as 1st Nov.

Paid €9.99 yesterday activation fee and since this has been charged to my card.

Until we get clarification on the activation fee, it seems the safest.

Has any who moved Port Date forward got charged another €9.99? As this was what they originally stated.

*Edit as see another GoMo agent quoted above:

Sarah [11:20:03 AM]
    Oh sorry no your next bill will be in November. Once you have paid the 9.99 activation fee thats it for October.

So that's it confirmed, I will move port date when sim arrives then.

TheDriver wrote: »

Setting the port date is irrelevant as the sim is active on the 085 number once it arrives. The 9.99 activation fee covers the billing period from sign up, up to the next calendar month.

Confirmed again by a second agent, the 9.99 Activation fee covers the month which you are signing up for, so essentially the earlier in the month you sign up the better

Wow it gets even more confusing, so does that mean if u sign up 1 November u don’t have to pay the activation fee? U only pay November’s fee?

Click on Account Details, scroll down to "Move My Number" click on that. You can change the move date there.

When I click that I get:

This action is unavailable until your service is activated.

Luckylow10 wrote: »
    Wow it gets even more confusing, so does that mean if u sign up 1 November u don’t have to pay the activation fee? U only pay November’s fee?

Yes, looks that way

I would say yes.

But it's hardly a deal breaker, just take it that the 10 euro is an activation fee and you have free usage until the end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

When I click that I get:

I got that too and asked in live chat they said that I need to wait 24 hours to change the date

I would say yes.

But it's hardly a deal breaker, just take it that the 10 euro is an activation fee and you have free usage until the end of the month

Not deal breaker but kind of relevant if ur gonna sign up last few days of the mnth.

When I click that I get:

Did you already schedule your move and validate your number via SMS. I put my new sim in my phone before I rescheduled my move. Try sticking your new sim card in your phone and see if that activates your service. My move date was a week away. I changed it to today as I wasn't expecting to received the GoMo sim card so fast.

• Advertisement

Rang eir to give notice on my 30 day sim only plan and was told I don't need to give notice and once the number is ported it will cancel automatically?

I'm a bit sceptical.... anyone else get told this? I was under the impression you need to give notice on the 30 day plans.

I signed up for gomo with a future date in November so hoping I wont get charged until then, still haven't received any email from them after signing up yesterday afternoon, this happen anyone else? Only small thing is the lack of wifi calling, I do get a bit of use out of it but its not that big a deal either.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Dannyman76

If you pay for the month in advance how are people charged for out of plan charges?

tylerdylan wrote: »
    I got that too and asked in live chat they said that I need to wait 24 hours to change the date

I setup my account yesterday at 12:36 and changed the move my number around 10:30 today so 22 hours to change the date here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Setting the port date is irrelevant as the sim is active on the 085 number once it arrives. The 9.99 activation fee covers the billing period from sign up, up to the next calendar month.

I ported to Three recently and they told me not to put the new SIM into my phone until after the old one stopped working. Do the SIMs get locked to a number once they're used on a network? I'm out of the country on the 1st of November so don't have much choice but to eat the cost. Will just be glad to be off Three :D

Their chat support seems to be down for me. Anyone else having same issue? Wondering about moving my porting date and if the process of adding a second SIM is to just click "Buy Now" on the main site/

Rang eir to give notice on my 30 day sim only plan and was told I don't need to give notice and once the number is ported it will cancel automatically?

I'm a bit sceptical.... anyone else get told this? I was under the impression you need to give notice on the 30 day plans.

I signed up for gomo with a future date in November so hoping I wont get charged until then, still haven't received any email from them after signing up yesterday afternoon, this happen anyone else? Only small thing is the lack of wifi calling, I do get a bit of use out of it but its not that big a deal either.

As you are charged in advance, that just wont be issuing you any money due back to you, I would assume, I stand corrected though.

Not deal breaker but kind of relevant if ur gonna sign up last few days of the mnth.

Not really because it's an "activation fee".

3 options are:

Sign up in November, use from November - 10 euro then + 10 euro in December (no guarantee deal will cost the same though)

If you sign up now, you're paying until the end of October. So if you're not going to use it in October you will not get any usage for that 10 euro you paid, but they'll probably have more than 100k next month.

Dannyman76 wrote: »
    If you pay for the month in advance how are people charged for out of plan charges?

October's out of plan charges would be added to the 9.99 fee for November, I can see problems here though as they aren't giving themselves much of a time frame, that's the reason why many providers always went with the 5/6 and 7th of the month to issue bills

Did you already schedule your move and validate your number via SMS. I put my new sim in my phone before I rescheduled my move. Try sticking your new sim card in your phone and see if that activates your service. My move date was a week away. I changed it to today as I wasn't expecting to received the GoMo sim card so fast.

I haven't received my new sim yet.

The reason I can't move is because I sent it to another address and won't get my hands on the sim for a few weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

my wife is currently with Eir (non contract) paying €25pm

am i wrong in assuming the service/coverage would be exactly the same as using the same network?

also would her number need to be ported seeing as currently with Eir

A little. I believe Eir still has 2G masts that are available if your connection to 4G and 3G are too weak or unavailable. GoMo will not be providing 2G.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Not really because it's an "activation fee".

3 options are:

Sign up in November, use from November - 10 euro then + 10 euro in December (no guarantee deal will cost the same though)

If you sign up now, you're paying until the end of October. So if you're not going to use it in October you will not get any usage for that 10 euro you paid, but they'll probably have more than 100k next month.

I can't see that happening. iD had some great offerings (especially the staff offer for friends and family when they first set up) and by the time they closed down they only had about 50,000 customers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement