Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

_John C wrote: »
    If my sim/phone connects to the 4G network; Will my voice calls go over the 4G network? My current eir plan has not got 4G included and it connects to "EDGE" for calls. The reception aint great, but Im thinking if I get better signal through the 4G network; my call reception may be better?

Would this be true?

Is your phone a 4G phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭_John C

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Is your phone a 4G phone?

yes, it can do 4G .Samsung J5 2017. But my current eir plan does not allow it to connect to the 4G network. So at the moment im stuck on the crappy 2G and 3G networks. We have to go upstairs to make receive calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Kerry_2008

whats the story with this offer? Is it an introductory offer and they will hike up the prices in a few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭bunderoon

bunderoon wrote: »
    Yep, got the activation code via text during registration. But nothing afterwards. I've just send them a message via their contact page. Hopefully hear from them tomorrow.

Answering my own post, but just incase anyone has similar situation, I did eventually receive my registration text and email this morning so all is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭golondrinas

When I signed up it asked me what date would I like to have the account active. It's off the Eir network

when I tried to sign up from 1st Dec it wouldnt allow it. calendar only works to end Nov.!!!!!!!!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Bluefoam wrote: »
    If that tenner is so valuable to you, then don't risk it... I'm shocked by the amount of people who are so protective of the tenner... Just by moving to this new operator, you are bound to save allot more than €10. It is great value no matter what way you look at it.

LOL. You must work for 3 mobile. What an arrogant response.

Simple question. Is the 10 euro refunded if, within the cooling off period, you decide to pull out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Kerry_2008 wrote: »
    whats the story with this offer? Is it an introductory offer and they will hike up the prices in a few months?

Jesus, did you even look at their website? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Ten Pin wrote: »
    So 2G works, which is handy for anyone with a 'dumb' phone, tenner for unlimited calls and texts is a bargain by itself.

Thanks for checking, obviously 2G/EDGE is rubbish for data but fine for calls.

Yes, I can confirm 2G is active for calls.

I can also confirm porting:
    Originally set date for 18/10 when buying the sim yesterday
    Changed to 17/10 this morning
    Changed to 12:33 today

Porting successful, VF sent unprovisioned message and thank you for your business message bang on 12:33, GoMO sim fully active after reboot.

All via mygomo.ie under account details->move my number-> update move

On GoMO network now, my ported number showing in My account details

APN is data.myeirmobile.ie

4g working indoors, yet to try out and about
    Data speed on browsing/play store doesn't feel very fast though, in fact it's seems very slow
    Of course, this could be specific to where I am so don't take that as gospel nationwide speeds.

Data update (indoors only)
    Using sppedtest app
    on H+, speeds were quicker! Much quicker
    I dropped mobile connection to 3g and data speeds averaged 8.35Mbps DL/2.4 Mbps UL
    It must be 4G overloaded(?)/my location
    4g is giving me barely 0.6 Mbps DL/1.3 Mbps UL

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Senor Chang

Aquos76 wrote: »
    It will have a different number on the sim until your port is complete

Ahh I would have never copped that, thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

So I got my sim today but it has the wrong phone number on it (I chose to keep my current number and have the verification text). I initially thought they sent me the wrong one and submitted a contact form saying that. I’ve now logged on and see that my account has the same number as the sim I received. Has this happened to anyone else? I’m assuming I’ll have to change the number back to my own and pay for a new sim now if I can’t get them to sort it

The sim wouldn't have your number on it, only the sim allocated number. You can then transfer your number, either manually, or on your requested date, but the sim will stay the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

I've signed up for this and paid the €9.99 activation fee. I set the date to port my number as the 10th of November (end of my 28 days top-up with Three). Will I still be charged €9.99 on the 1st of November? I presume so but kinda regretting not waiting until November to sign up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭_John C

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Generally calls are over 2G or 3G. If a call comes in while using 4G it will revert to 3G or 2G during the call and back to 4G after the call ends.

There is a protocol called VoLTE (Voice over LTE/4G) but that's not available with gomo.

Thank you,
    At least my reception wont be worse, as it will still connect with 2G. Any chance gomo will use VoLTE in the near future?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Does porting your number automatically cancel your contract with your existing provider? Or do I have to do that separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭golondrinas

If unsure, you can ask them on their live chat.

live chat is a joke. got an error message " try again later" then I realised.Ah fcuk its :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

podge018 wrote: »
    Does porting your number automatically cancel your contract with your existing provider? Or do I have to do that separately?

Yes. If you are still in contract they will bill you for the remaining months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Does this network offer 4G or 3G?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

Ordered mine yesterday, and got the sim delivered to house today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 swinson

If the standard of question being asked on this thread is indicative, their Customer Service is in for some fun.

That goes for any customer service in any sector dealing with the public.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 swinson

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Does this network offer 4G or 3G?

Both

A Feck! I only just switched from Eir to Post Mobile for 20 euro/month!

Checking online I'm reading that I can't switch numbers again within 90 days, although the articles seem a little out of date.. Does anyone know if that is still the rule?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

A Feck! I only just switched from Eir to Post Mobile for 20 euro/month!

Checking online I'm reading that I can't switch numbers again within 90 days, although the articles seem a little out of date.. Does anyone know if that is still the rule?
    14 day cooling off period?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Just popped the SIM into my phone there and did a speedtest comparing it with my Vodafone SIM in the same location.

http://imgur.com/a/p4gOcQK

GoMo: 6.38Mbps ↓ / 9.87Mbps ↑
    Vodafone: 37.9Mbps ↓ / 13.6Mbps ↑

Browsing seems noticably slower than my Vodafone Sim but still nothing completely unacceptably slow

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Is the sim they send you a micro sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

FLOOPER wrote: »
    LOL. You must work for 3 mobile. What an arrogant response.

Simple question. Is the 10 euro refunded if, within the cooling off period, you decide to pull out.

No! why would you expect it to be? If you decide against continuing the service, you still have to pay for the period when you did agree to use it...

Why such an interest in leaving the network when it's unlikely you've even started using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    Is the sim they send you a micro sim?

The SIM comes with predefined cut outs for Standard, Micro and Nano. So yes, just push the SIM out of the larger of the cutouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

The SIM comes with predefined cut outs for Standard, Micro and Nano. So yes, just push the SIM out of the larger of the cutouts.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Just popped the SIM into my phone there and did a speedtest comparing it with my Vodafone SIM in the same location.

Browsing seems noticably slower than my Vodafone Sim but still nothing completely unacceptably slow

Is this in Dublin can I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

I've been with 48 months for 4 years

never had a problem with it.

I might switch to this, only problem is that its run by Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

GoMo download in line with what I'm currently getting on 4G indoors in middle of a large town with Eir as below.

Download 5.9Mbps
    Upload 1.4 Mbps

Eir is always a nice bit behind Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭opus

Anyone got the APN details for GoMo? I've just put it into a dual SIM phone and selected SIM 2 for data but no APN info there.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement