Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I stayed later in work yesterday hoping it would stop raining so I could go for my run. At 6 it still hadn't cleared up. So now not only was I wet anyway but also late.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Not trivial at all but picked euromillions numbers on the app but didn't press the play now button.
    I hope I never find out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Having more on the to do list than energy permits these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

gifted wrote: »
    Bills.....I bloody hate them.....why do you keep appearing??...

Adult admin. It sucks.

When you put your hand in your pocket and feel a rolled up note. Please be a 50!! Or even a 20!!! Please, please, please! And it's an old shopping list. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Friends kids who turned out to be ungrateful brats. I gave them Christmas and birthday presents when they were younger, now they won't even acknowledge me. A simple hello would do. Why did I waste my time and money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

More than trivial but being told you're useless and a disaster by someone at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

More than trivial but being told you're useless and a disaster by someone at work.

Morning Seph! Post pulled at the heartstrings ... what a horrible “colleague”. I’ve worked in a few different jobs and “there’s always one” (not currently, thankfully). Wishing you a more positive workday today (I’m on weekend countdown since ... Monday morning!)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

That's not a TA, that is outright rude and uncalled for.

I have my pitchfork sharpened. Just say the time & place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Seph there’s always someone trying to make themselves feel better by bringing other people down. Just remember the problem is theirs. Sometimes it can help to call them out by asking nicely 'what makes you say that?', soon makes them think when they have to justify their throw away comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

honeybear wrote: »
    Morning Seph! Post pulled at the heartstrings ... what a horrible “colleague”. I’ve worked in a few different jobs and “there’s always one” (not currently, thankfully). Wishing you a more positive workday today (I’m on weekend countdown since ... Monday morning!)

Just open your private cabinet and file this guy under ‘arséhole’. You are new to the job and it takes time to get the flow and learn more about your colleagues and work. So you are becoming more and more valuable. :D

In which direction might Mr. SoMuchMoreImportant develop his abilities? May be becoming ‘The biggest arséhole’? :pac:

Just activate your troops and blow him away...:)

https://images.app.goo.gl/8dAKas9yZQVoVDJM6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Eoghan Murphy's voice. It's so annoying. I had heard some fella talking on the last word ages ago and thought jaysus yer man is annoying to listen to. It was only later I found out it was le bellend himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People who layer clothes.Thats not the TA,.

I can never layer i always look lumpy.Other people have top,hoodies and a denim jacket and it looks warm.
    I do it and look like the incredible hulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

When you go to dip a rich tea into a mugeen of tea and the fcuker is too wide to fit in the cup.
    You nibble a bit off it then and the fcuker turns to crumbs in your paws and your dreams of a dipped biscuit are but a distant memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I stayed later in work yesterday hoping it would stop raining so I could go for my run. At 6 it still hadn't cleared up. So now not only was I wet anyway but also late.

MET Eireann weather radar is useful for stuff like that...

My TA is ads on apps. I know it's a delicate balance for app developers and they have to generate revenue somehow, but I was using the free version of an e-reader app that updated itself from small ads to huge ads. While before I hardly noticed the ads, all of a sudden it was displaying full screen ads every time I opened it that I couldn't close for five seconds! It was swiftly replaced by a pirated 'pro' version. Piss off your users? No ad revenue for you!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

dubstarr wrote: »
    People who layer clothes.Thats not the TA,.

I can never layer i always look lumpy.Other people have top,hoodies and a denim jacket and it looks warm.
    I do it and look like the incredible hulk.
    Hi Incredible Hulk, I'm the Michelin Man, lovely to meet you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

When you lose your phone for a few hours and finally get it back and check it to see what you missed.

But no missed calls and no texts or emails or alerts. Mr Unpopular!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA Tesco makes me sign in twice.

TA people (someone not on boards) sneering about the storm coming to nothing today. It's not due today but you can't get through to people like that. I think they're covering their fear.

When you lose your phone for a few hours and finally get it back and check it to see what you missed.

But no missed calls and no texts or emails or alerts. Mr Unpopular!

Everyone's gone out to panic buy bread, it's not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Drizzle that is heavy enough to p!ss me off while driving, but not heavy enough to necessitate having the wipers on full time without a screeching noise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Adverts.ie at the moment. Seems a lot of loopers have found my ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Lost an earpod last night walking home in the rain. Well actually i managed to drop both of them but found one. Got soaked trying to find the other one.
    I've never had a pair of those for that reason. I imagine it's quite easy to lose them. At least with headphones you can follow the cord!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

More upset than annoyed and not so trivial.

The radiology department in my hospital has installed a bell. I’m so disappointed that they have done this, though I’m also surprised at how much it has upset me. The whole idea of the bell is that a person rings it at the end of their treatment. It’s symbolic. I’m sure people are wondering what the problem with that is. Well, for many people, the radiation therapy they receive is merely palliative, to beat back tumours for a while or relieve symptoms. They’ll never finish treatment. Those bells are so in-your-face. Now I’m fearful that the onc day ward, which I attend, will install one. I don’t know how I’ll handle hearing that bell maybe a few times during my visit, knowing I’ll never ring it myself. I contacted the hospital to voice my concerns and got a reply back saying “the bell gives people hope!”. I was thinking “What about those of us for whom hope is lost?”.

I know I sound curmudgeonly here, but I just find the whole idea so insensitive and tone-deaf. There are plenty of ways to celebrate, surely! But it’s something you can’t publicly criticise. You’ll be excoriated! I’ve even seen terminal cancer patients being rounded on and accused of envy for criticising the bells. Of course they’re envious, they’d give anything to recover!

Seems really thoughtless, just as you wouldn't celebrate right in front of other patients in any other way, knowing others were at different stages and having different outcomes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Seems really thoughtless, just as you wouldn't celebrate right in front of other patients in any other way, knowing others were at different stages and having different outcomes

I feel like sensitivity in hospitals is something every adult should just know about. When we were kids, if we were visiting somebody in hospital, my folks would always remind us to be mindful of the other ward occupants as you never know what anyone else is going through.

For me, hospital is a mental trial. Treatment day is very draining, both physically and mentally and something like a bell would send me batty. I’m crossing my fingers that one won’t be installed in the onc day ward because it will be very hard to get rid of once it’s there. The patients there are in all kinds of conditions. Imagine that bell ringing beside somebody who isn’t feeling well and has a poor prognosis? I can’t believe this idea ever caught on but it’s part of the inane positivity culture that surrounds cancer. Nobody considers the terminal patients’ feelings because nobody wants to acknowledge that we exist, let alone that we have feelings.

I knew I had to stop reading below-the-line comments on Facebook the day I saw an advanced cancer patient being rounded on for explaining why so many of us hate the bells.

And it’s not that I don’t want other people to recover, it’s that I want to also and that ringing would be a cruel reminder that it will never happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Made myself lovely nachos earlier.And everytime,i went to take a bit one of the kids would ask me something.I swear they where doing iy on purpose[grin]

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People talking about Lorenzo!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People talking about Lorenzo!

You can sing that.!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When you’re working behind a bar and someone comes up and orders a big round of drinks. Grand, you get them everything they’ve listed and then they say “...and a pint of Guinness”. Should’ve asked for that first so it has time to settle while I was getting everything else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭gifted

Forgot to put the green bin out last night......cue bin truck arriving at 5 this morning and mise here running around a dark bedroom looking for my pants and running out to truck with green bin looking like...well ....looking like someone who forgot to put out the bin....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement