Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA everyone misconstrues Marie Kondo's points. They're complaining without having read the book.

Also ( but not trivial, of course) enforced relentless positivity, as highlighted by Obvious Desperate Breakfasts. I've been thinking about that a lot and remembering so many examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

People who refuse to respond via email but pick up the phone to answer you instead. I might not actually have the time to talk to you right now or I might be in the middle of something else. Also, if you NEVER put your answer in writing it makes me doubt how confident you are in committing to it. I worked with civil servants before, some of whom never replied to an email but would pick up the phone. It was as if they were afraid of being held to their answer. Doesn't exactly instil confidence!

TA Tesco don't sell lighter fluid, and neither do smaller shops. You can't order it from Amazon due to shipping restrictions. It's turning into.a wild goose chase. I don't want to go to town just for that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

TA Tesco don't sell lighter fluid, and neither do smaller shops. You can't order it from Amazon due to shipping restrictions. It's turning into.a wild goose chase. I don't want to go to town just for that

Just get some djeep lighters and turn the gas way down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

I've a dose that won't just feck off and it's a bit annoying at this stage. It's not quite a flu ( well it is manflu ) but it's been two and a half weeks now and it's still lingering. It's the cough mainly that's annoying me.

I hear ya, I had the same...well what I thought was the same. But it turns out that I had the beginning of Bronchitis....
    Yeah, the coughing is the worst...sounding like a dog barking...if I was an animal, i'd be put down...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who park at the pumps when they're not even getting fuel.

People who play music aloud on their phone in the canteen. We don't all share your taste in tunes, dude!

Idiots driving around in this weather with no lights on.

The constant knuckle-cracking of one of the guys I'm working on a project with. It finishes today, which is most fortunate for his continued existence on this planet.

Bobblehats wrote: »

Just get some djeep lighters and turn the gas way down

I have a nice Zippo engraved with a picture of a tree...the idea was to avoid disposables...easier said than done

• Registered Users Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I have a nice Zippo engraved with a picture of a tree...the idea was to avoid disposables...easier said than done

USB lighter ftw.
    Charge it for around 20 minutes a couple of times a week. Also windproof. Acts as a mini tazer. Going well over a year, now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Having an itch in public,that you just cant scratch.I end up doing the Benny Hill walk:D

USB lighter ftw.
    Charge it for around 20 minutes a couple of times a week. Also windproof. Acts as a mini tazer. Going well over a year, now.
    Sounds good but I love the aesthetics of a brass lighter...and it has no plastic.

TA people who are ignorant of basic safety. ah sure it'll be grand!

anyone who uses common sense is a paranoid, according to these wallies.

Ah well, that's what the Darwin Award is for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When people in work do stupid things and then walk away waiting on others to clean up their mess . All because they have a "title".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Sounds good but I love the aesthetics of a brass lighter...and it has no plastic.

Mine is all metal with a Zippo like flip lid.

Mine is all metal with a Zippo like flip lid.
    Sounds great actually, TA I should've bought one of them :)
    Can always use a spare I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Why, oh why, did I think it was a good idea to lie down on a pitch to do some stretching? I'm going to be picking grass off my fleecy jacket forever :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Ha that reminds me of something from years ago.

DO NOT use petrol instead of lighter fluid!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I know its a once off and they'll last for ever and a necessary expense BUT 90e for make up brushes!!!!!!!!!!

If I had to pay for delivery, I would have had an extreme anger event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

You anywhere near Dun Laoghaire?

dennyire wrote: »

You anywhere near Dun Laoghaire?
    No, Clare :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

How overrated Volkswagens are.

On Monday I saw a Golf (171) in the car park with a front right spotlight that didn't seem to be working, but when it stopped, the light came on. It went off again when the Golf started moving again. I thought to myself that that was an unusual fault, but seconds later I saw a Taureg (181) with the same fault! Same spotlight was out, but came on when the car was stopped. How **** is VW's quality!

Spec and quality has been poor for decades but somehow lots of people in Ireland think it's a premium brand. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

How overrated Volkswagens are.

On Monday I saw a Golf (171) in the car park with a front right spotlight that didn't seem to be working, but when it stopped, the light came on. It went off again when the Golf started moving again. I thought to myself that that was an unusual fault, but seconds later I saw a Taureg (181) with the same fault! Same spotlight was out, but came on when the car was stopped. How **** is VW's quality!

Spec and quality has been poor for decades but somehow lots of people in Ireland think it's a premium brand. :confused:

Might have been the cornering lights?

Sorry, my TA: dropping in for a couple of bits to Tesco after work and it's like a play centre with kids running wild unsupervised.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

When the person in front of you pulls up at the First petrol pump leaving the one in front idle and you cant get by them to get to the free one, Grrrrr:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I have to say 'Hello' twice when I answer my phone so the person hears me.
    Very annoying.

My legs and feet are achiiiiiiing me so bad from a very long day on my feet. I felt so tired from the pain earlier I felt like crying.

Looking forward to a good night's sleep after this nice glass of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Wtf ? wrote: »
    When the person in front of you pulls up at the First petrol pump leaving the one in front idle and you cant get by them to get to the free one, Grrrrr:(

Sometimes the one in front doesn't have a diesel pump...I got stung that way..luckily I could reverse back as wasn't busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I find the Spar ads with Karen Koster very annoying. Never liked that woman - her accent, that show she presented, and apparently she's not a particularly friendly person...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

I find the Spar ads with Karen Koster very annoying. Never liked that woman - her accent, that show she presented, and apparently she's not a particularly friendly person...
    I would though...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

She looks as fake af.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Waking up this morning to an email from the national lottery. You have won a prize ! The heart skips a beat , could I be a millionaire ?
    £5.90 , £5.90. ??
    Round it up to £6 at least , miserable bustards :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Waking up at 5:45AM thinking about work.
    Got up at 6:30AM because I couldn't sleep.
    Will be a long day......

cjmc wrote: »
    Waking up this morning to an email from the national lottery. You have won a prize ! The heart skips a beat , could I be a millionaire ?
    £5.90 , £5.90. ??
    Round it up to £6 at least , miserable bustards :/

I love getting that email! I don’t check the winnings for hours, maybe a day , kinda savor it and play over all the scenarios in my head of my huge windfall ......then I find I won €3.50 :D,:D

Mind you recently I won €25 one week and €55 the next week so I was delighted !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Why do I bother to make appointments? Ten minutes waiting so far...:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement