Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Also I'm very cranky as I haven't had any sleep so if I come across a bit aggro sorry :/

I almost hope I'll be munched so I can just sleep for like 8 hours :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Morning all. I have a lot of catching up to do. I do like wendys recent contribution.
    Could someone give me a quick update on yesterday please. Was there a minch or sk kill? Who was lynched? Their role? I see mention of a conversion. Likely action triggered rather than a time lapse. Any ideas what triggered it?

Sorry for all the questions but damn it, I need answers.

Wolf!!!!

(Nah, just kidding! Welcome to the game, Isla!)

Eva WW wrote: »
    Morning all, it’s mad when you write it out like that. We only lost two players yesterday! I thought it was going to be a serious blood bath with so many kills on the table. That’s good going :)

Lost two players but the village actually lost 3 with Harley Quinn's conversion.

You'd better be fooking village Eva I've been sticking my neck out for you since yesterday!!

You got any reads for me?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Like.... Gabriel has more posts STILL than 13 living players.

Ewan, more than 10.

Come on ta fook like!!

Wendy WW 204
    Barbara WW 116
    Liam WW 98
    Fiona WW 97
    Angus WW 82
    Frank WW 78
    Desmond WW 75
    Eva WW 52
    Gabriel WW 48
    Steve WW 42
    Abigail WW 38
    Gertrude WW 37
    Tegan WW 36
    Henry WW 31
    Ewan WW 31
    Orla WW 29
    Conor WW 28
    Doris WW 26
    Riona WW 22
    Clodagh WW 22
    Jake WW 20
    Holly WW 18
    Phil WW 17
    Brendan WW 7
    Isla WW 3
    In fairness the thread was open on Saturday and I wasn't around till Monday so those figures are inflated and not a true reflection of the game so far. I'm posting as much as I can but yeh I agree we need to hear more from the lower posters.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

I am here, was out most of the weekend and busy in work yesterday so couldn't contribute as much as I wanted. Hopefully work should die down by this afternoon so I can get more involved.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Ok something bugged me about Liam, and the reason I voted for him last night. I’ve tried to make it more concrete by isoing him, not sure if this will be messy but here goes:
    Liam WW wrote: »
    Morning Gothomites.

Are we all ignoring the elephant in the room, or am I the only one that's noticed it?
    No, I meant the discrepancy in player sign-ups and Anon accounts, since clarified by a kindly mod.

Good opening, drawing attention to an issue.
    Re Harvey: He is obviously team wolf, as he's listed under the wolves. My guess is that he has access to the wolf room (maybe not all of it, and probably not all the time), and can strategise with his team-mates. But, due to his split personality, the full-time wolves will be wary of sharing their identities with him, and vice versa.

Re Penguin: his role in the OP sounds quite different to that of Counterfeiter in the link. I don't really quite know what to make of that. TBH, I'd never have thought to click on the link and would have only referred to the OP.

Re Steve: my bet is he's doing a task, or playing a joke or leaving riddles. Clodagh's OP also is sus as was mentioned, but Steve was one of the first to call her out on it (second after Barbara), so I'd doubt they'd be on the same team if both are evil.
    mechanics, early in game so not too bothered by this, everyone’s still feeling around
    1) Because: "If you are a new player trying to get to grips with things". I'm not a new player. I saw no need to look at stuff offsite, and every other game has had all information needed in the OP. You thought to look at the link, but not at the anon count list. I did vice versa. Horses for courses, mate :)

2) Fair enough if you don't think so. I think it's worth examining the reason behind any strange activity in a game like this: "and remember *disclaimer* mods may have secrets".
    All our avatars are Batman themed. Mods been busy.
    Why are you being so pedantic? It's off this game thread. Focus on the bit of my post that actually matters: "every other game has had all information needed in the OP".

I'm not covering all bases. I'm pointing out what could be something worth pointing out. Please don't stifle discussion.

next few are fair enough. A bit aggressive but they’re making the point that we should question things, which is fair
    I never said that saying hello is sus.
    I don't want to stifle any conversation that would potentially help the village, but really, should we be discussing how the wolves could win in a scenario with Dent in a final list of players? We don't want to be giving them ideas they might not have thought of themselves.

You really don't see how it could benefit the wolves? They too, are no doubt wondering about how the end game will pan out in relation to Harvey being with them v being against them. If we're talking about what wolves could do in such a situation that would be detrimental to the village, then it can only help them. If we're talking about what village could do in such a situation that would help the village, then the wolves will likely try and do the opposite. I'm sure with 3/4 of them already strategizing in their rooms, they'll have come up with all the scenarios. But, there is a chance that there's some they have forgotten and us spelling them out to them, can't be helpful to the village.

Now, go to bed! It's way past your bedtime!

these are a little odd in terms of what went before though. Question but don’t question?
    I agree.
    Why me?
    What exactly is your query here?

Explain like I’m a five year old :)

If you want explanations. I was simply wondering why nobody was discussing the discrepancy or wondering if I was the only one to notice it. I was afraid there might have been a good reason people were keeping schtum that I hadn’t thought of.

Speech about helping the wolves? I think anything that has potential to help the wolves is a bad thing. What’s so wrong with that?

and question on my terms again
    Task - wolfy
    Joke - not helpful
    Riddle - you can’t start

This really confuses me. How do the three things I mention equate to your description?

I really don’t get it.

Steve could be just messing about. I’m not accusing him outright of anything but his behaviour is odd and worth commenting on. I remember a game where a player was messing about, posted a haiku, and got lynched for doing a task when it genuinely was just messing. But equally I’ve seen players do odd things for a very particular reason. You may think there’s nothing in it. But your attack on me for thinking there may be something in it, is confounding.

i really like the first half of this post, I really hate the second half. Jesus talk about casting shade but never actually taking a position on anything

This is interesting. In a different game, you’d have been all over an opener like that.

I too noted for later who thanked the post.

Barbara indeed was the first to call her out on it. But you fail to mention that Steve was the second with the same time stamp as Barbara so likely a cross post. Why, as a matter of interest did you not mention that?

ok , highlighting stuff that may have been missed. A good look.
    I still don’t get it. May need to mull over it for a while. Breakfast time!
    Ah. I meant joking as in something the Joker would do. Not as in just messing about.

Riddles by the Riddler
    Jokes by the Joker.
    But yes, it clarifies your thought process.

fluffynes

Part 2 to follow

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Have you not read the thread?

Tbh, not all of it

Angus WW wrote: »
    Gabriel - Thomas Wayne NRV+ munched
    Abigail & Desmond posoined
    Abigail healed by Arthur
    Desmond healed by 50/50 toss of coin
    Doris wins comp and is protecting someone from this mornings lynch
    Wendy - claimed Martha Wayne and would have shared room with Thomas as they both completed on thread tasks.
    Ewan - Luscious Fox NRV lynched
    Harley Quinn converted
    Robin chose to be Nightwing

Thanks Angus.

So Harley was converted after lynch? She is linked mostly with the joker, right? As someone mentioned, could she have voted the joker or vice versa to trigger the conversion? Any ideas if there was an on thread task?

And are we saying there was no sk kill yet? I need to read the op again.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Hi all.

So we were wrong on Ewan. What was he playing at towards the end? If he'd have defended himself in a reasonable manner some of us would probably have changed our vote.

Wolves will murder one of us at ten. And maybe The joker too? What does that leave the ratio like?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Conor WW wrote: »

I know all this is very unsatisfactory and theres a fair argument to be made that a lot of the things you like about what I’ve done are easy, likes its common sense that Alfred should heal and not kill just yet, likewise with Doris and her protect or not lynching Doris just yet. The argument about the numbers, I just believe I’m right about it and believe its best for the village, that above anything should have you putting me in your village pile

threr was 20 numbers yesterday, and 24 in the village.
    Having villagers not double up on numbers was the optimal method, there are more good v evil, you can work out the ratio, so covering every number is better for the village as we have higher percentage of numbers covered. Your way means the village donrwork together to get every number, and the wolves can use their spread method, so your way is wolf friendly.

The village have higher numbers and should work together, not bumble about in the darkness.

• Advertisement

Thanks Angus.

So Harley was converted after lynch? She is linked mostly with the joker, right? As someone mentioned, could she have voted the joker or vice versa to trigger the conversion? Any ideas if there was an on thread task?

And are we saying there was no sk kill yet? I need to read the op again.

Or did the joker have a choice to convert or kill?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    In fairness the thread was open on Saturday and I wasn't around till Monday so those figures are inflated and not a true reflection of the game so far. I'm posting as much as I can but yeh I agree we need to hear more from the lower posters.

Agreed, and as one of the lower posters I'll endeavour to post more. Although maybe I won't get the chance.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Like.... Gabriel has more posts STILL than 13 living players.

Ewan, more than 10.

Come on ta fook like!!

Wendy WW 204
    Barbara WW 116
    Liam WW 98
    Fiona WW 97
    Angus WW 82
    Frank WW 78
    Desmond WW 75
    Eva WW 52
    Gabriel WW 48
    Steve WW 42
    Abigail WW 38
    Gertrude WW 37
    Tegan WW 36
    Henry WW 31
    Ewan WW 31
    Orla WW 29
    Conor WW 28
    Doris WW 26
    Riona WW 22
    Clodagh WW 22
    Jake WW 20
    Holly WW 18
    Phil WW 17
    Brendan WW 7
    Isla WW 3

I’m on holidays.....with kids!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Lost two players but the village actually lost 3 with Harley Quinn's conversion.

You'd better be fooking village Eva I've been sticking my neck out for you since yesterday!!

You got any reads for me?

Oh crap yeah fair point I was just looking at the deaths but she is essentially dead to us.

I know you have and I appreciate that, you won’t be disappointed!

Not just yet, I got into work only to find out I wasn’t expected back today and was told to go home and get some rest. I’ll be going home to do some digging that’s what I’ll be doing! Rest be damned :D

Eva WW wrote: »
    Oh crap yeah fair point I was just looking at the deaths but she is essentially dead to us.

I know you have and I appreciate that, you won’t be disappointed!

Not just yet, I got into work only to find out I wasn’t expected back today and was told to go home and get some rest. I’ll be going home to do some digging that’s what I’ll be doing! Rest be damned :D

So for sure you are saying wendy is on the same team as you?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Okay, so I might be disappearing down the rabbit hole, but if we assume for a second that Eva WAS Harley, the Joker might have waited til after lynch to convert (or there was a mechanism around voting).

If Wendy was the Joker, her starting of the second bandwagon on Ewan resulted in his death so Eva was safe (I'm aware that I caused some of this movement so I'm also implicating myself here) and available for conversion.

Conversely, if it was something about voting for each other:
    1. Ewan voted for Wendy and vice versa - doesn't work as Ewan is deaded.
    2. Frank voted for Orla and vice versa.
    That's the only combo that works.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

It’s possible I suppose. But would that be an even trade off? If one dies and the other is under the radar they’d gain more kills.

It’s possible I suppose. But would that be an even trade off? If one dies and the other is under the radar they’d gain more kills.

Having 2 on a team and likely having a br together to bounce of each other is worth missing a kill in my books.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

There's far too many people staying quiet in this game.

They can't all be wolves, but eventually we will have to try and weed through them.

Please if you're a villager, speak up and get involved, get your thoughts out on thread.

Information helps the village, silence means we have to start suspecting you.

On post count, I have read only access to boards on work PC, phone reception is very sketchy, I have had to copy posts before hitting submit as I have lost loads of them as signal drops & fails to post.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Ok I’ve asked this before is there any chance the SK had to choose either kill or convert today? Why didn’t we get an SK Kill?

If that’s the case and we get Sk kills at 10am onwards doesn’t that suggest that SK had to choose by this morning which means tasks were over weekend to maybe this morning pre munch?

I’ve asked this several times and nobody seems to care.

Wendy, I know you have done a lot of work but I find your “Harley is only one of 6” comment very odd. While it could be very much like Robins conversion to nightwing (maybe it just happens after a certain day?) There is a decent possibility that some sort of task was done to make it happen. Your dismissal and refusal to even engage me on the above point (that I made several times) was setting off my spidey senses.

The fact that you appear to be putting in the most amount of time is what’s concerning. You appear to be trolling through a lot of information but ignoring this one reasonable potential clue (Harley is still a baddy we can possibly find) is concerning.

And Conor you mentioned me as wolf lean, care to give me something to work on? Why? Orla did the same with little meat , pointing fingers with no explanation is suspect.

Gertie I know you explained yourself (RL - fair enough) but I hope you understand that some people have sort of made things up in the past to explain lack of posting. I hope this doesn’t upset you but I’m keeping an eye on you because you bounced into the game after I called you out and it does appear dodgy (RL stuff aside).

• Advertisement

Having 2 on a team and likely having a br together to bounce of each other is worth missing a kill in my books.

What I mean is would that get that opportunity so easily without having to work for it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Okay, so I might be disappearing down the rabbit hole, but if we assume for a second that Eva WAS Harley, the Joker might have waited til after lynch to convert (or there was a mechanism around voting).

If Wendy was the Joker, her starting of the second bandwagon on Ewan resulted in his death so Eva was safe (I'm aware that I caused some of this movement so I'm also implicating myself here) and available for conversion.

Conversely, if it was something about voting for each other:
    1. Ewan voted for Wendy and vice versa - doesn't work as Ewan is deaded.
    2. Frank voted for Orla and vice versa.
    That's the only combo that works.

I’m not sure I’m sold on the votes theory. If the wolves can apparently change votes what would happen if they changed the Harley/ joker votes? Would that nullify that mechanic?

Sorry Frank. You’ve mentioned this all before and I hadn’t noticed

So here's where I suggested that there was a bandwagon on Eva:

Doris, Fiona, Liam, Babs, Angus, Riona. Conor also suggested that he might be on this.

Angus had actually voted Ewan earlier than this.

Final votes on Eva: Doris and Conor

So Fiona, Liam and Babs moved their votes.

Liam moved shortly after my post, Fiona voted late. Babs was discussing where her vote was going to go as she thought ewan was twtbw.

From that movement, I'm looking at Liam and Fiona first today.

What I mean is would that get that opportunity so easily without having to work for it?

Ok, get ya. Yeah they may have had to earn that choice. Fair point. If the joker knew who harley was, they may have had to get them to vote him.
    Sorry Im just throwing ideas out there, still ctaching up.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    It was the last thing i noticed before retiring from the computer, i just wanted to get anything i felt was a bit off out there so the smart people could work it out,

But again all nrvs have been given names so itd make sense that baddies get ones too.

Its a little odd you came out with a kinda power role to help eva out.

You have mentioned nearly every batman character at this stage so you could have concocted the story, we only have your word on the tasks. You could have just worked it out from the info you had Available.

Im not saying its the case but ive cleared people before that have turned out bad without putting any thought into it, so i need to be sure or at least wary
    Fiona can I just query this bolded part with you please. The OP shows the NRV PM and clearly calls them just NRV's. No names. So why would you think that they all have names?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Just in case I'm brown bread today, Liam Fiona and Steve are all in my dodgy pile.

Doris WW wrote: »
    Fiona can I just query this bolded part with you please. The OP shows the NRV PM and clearly calls them just NRV's. No names. So why would you think that they all have names?

Not to answer for Fiona but Ewan was NRV, Lucius Fox

Frank WW wrote: »
    I’m not sure I’m sold on the votes theory. If the wolves can apparently change votes what would happen if they changed the Harley/ joker votes? Would that nullify that mechanic?

I'm not sure I'm sold on the theory that they can change the actual vote, more that they can change the appearance of the voting.

And I'd be very surprised if you liked the theory as it only works if you and Orla are joker/harley. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

giphy.gif
    Steve WW had been enjoying a fun night as part of Gotham's bustling social scene but perhaps she should have left the Iceberg lounge a little earlier in the night. By the time she left no cabs were available and she had to walk several blocks before she could finally hail one. "Thank god, you stopped" she muttered under her breath before giving the driver her address. "Don't thank me yet" can be heard aloud as The Taxi driver then speeds off laughing maniacally.

The next morning at that same address Steve WW was found looking like this

Wqn1oBf.jpg

A note was attached to the body that simply read
    ‘A young act'r fellow nam'd Steve WW wenteth f'r a hair cutteth.
    I cutteth his headeth off instead.
    giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d335a306d622f2f3691d9e9&rid=giphy.gif

Steve WW is now dead.
    Let this be a warning to you all... I’m the only Joker round here.’
    Steve WW has been Munched

He was Det. Harvey Bullock – NRV, Citizen of Gotham
    Rest in peace detective
    giphy.gif

Wayne Enterprises isn't the only game in town. GothCorp is another huge company that's headquartered in Gotham City, and it is there that the evil that has overrun the city in recent days struck again. It is unknown whether the rogues involved got what they were looking for during the midnight raid but one citizen of Gotham witnessed the whole thing. Unfortunately he won't be telling anyone what he saw anytime soon
    Isla WW has been Munched
    She was: Azrael aka Jean Paul Valley – NRV +, Citizen of Gotham

He is with the God he sought to serve, now.
    600?cb=20150405084405&path-prefix=fr

Advertisement