Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Hmmmmm.

Guilty.

Says the wolf!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Re: Penguin. IF he is that role then it will likely only be a single day the votes are affected. Not gospel of course, but unlikely.

Ugh let me flesh that out a little. I find it unlikely it will be a reoccurring action of Penguin's if in fact the counterfeiter role I previously mentioned is his powers.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

On the newspaper, I'm choosing to ignore it tbh. I don't know what we can take from simply a pic and some headlines, but by all means feel free to try and decipher it.

I went down that rabbit hole, and even zoomed in on the pic on the page with foiled again, and the turned it upside down, and you can see in the top left somebody giving a fallen person CPR, so I was thinking maybe its about a medic.

But then I said, why hide a detail like that so carefully?

In the end, i gave up on the papers as a waste of my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Steve WW wrote: »
    Says the wolf!

Think it's you SteveyWolf.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Lol. Think that's you Wolfy.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

My eyes my eyes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Put Your clothes on Vale!

If anyone needs to request their normal accounts access is revoked do so in the signup thread. /mod

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Good evening everyone. No need to fear for your hero is here.....

I’m Batman!

I’m also busy with unforeseen bat issues this weekend but will keep up to date as much as possible.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. No need to fear for your hero is here.....

I’m Batman!

I’m also busy with unforeseen bat issues this weekend but will keep up to date as much as possible.

I believe that makes 72 million Batmans now.

Congratulations everyone we have set the record for most role claims pre game,

Dance party?

• Advertisement

I believe that makes 72 million Batmans now.

Should have made Batman a wolf, then see who claims to be him :pac:

So out of the player list:

1. Abigail
    2. Angus
    3. Barbara
    4. Brendan
    5. Clodagh
    6. Conor
    7. Eva
    8. Ewan
    9. Fiona
    10. Frank
    11. Henry
    12. Holly
    13. Jake
    14. Liam
    15. Riona
    16. Steve
    17. Wendy

The below have yet to post... I think?
    1. Desmond
    2. Doris
    3. Gabriel
    4. Gertrude
    5. Isla
    6. Orla
    7. Phil
    8. Tegan

Early days yet but nice to know 17 have checked in already

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

So out of the player list:

1. Abigail
    2. Angus
    3. Barbara
    4. Brendan
    5. Clodagh
    6. Conor
    7. Eva
    8. Ewan
    9. Fiona
    10. Frank
    11. Henry
    12. Holly
    13. Jake
    14. Liam
    15. Riona
    16. Steve
    17. Wendy

The below have yet to post... I think?
    1. Desmond
    2. Doris
    3. Gabriel
    4. Gertrude
    5. Isla
    6. Orla
    7. Phil
    8. Tegan

Early days yet but nice to know 17 have checked in already

Nice one Wendy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    The point I was trying to make and I obviously made badly is with regards to his powers.

If he peeks as Harvey night one, does that mean he was good on day one too?

My God you're Wolfy

So I presume we'll be getting riddles then. And if we solve them we get rewards, if we don't the wolves get them?

So it seems that there are three wolves together, Penguin, Riddler and Ivy.

Then the SK - Joker.

Harvey Dent imo is his own team but the 'Someone who is never alone' is interesting. Does that line up with his conflicting alignments?

Wolf one day (possibly counting for wolf team parity?), Village the next? But that seems to conflict with this?

So are we looking at 20/21 (with Harvey Dent) VS 3/4 (With Two Face) VS 1 (With Joker)?

OR

20/21 (Harvey Dent) VS 3 VS 1 VS 1/0 (Two Face).

Given the picture used I reckon Harley Quinn is out there somewhere too tbh for Team SK to find. Or is that too obvious?
    Win conditions.

For a village win (The goodies) they simply have to kill all the non-villagers in the game. When the last non-villager dies, the village wins the game.

For the rogues to win the game they have to ensure any other evil sides are dead and gain parity with the village.

For the SK to win they have to ensure any other evil sides are dead and gain parity with the village

Harvey Dent does not have they're own win condition, other than either village or rogue, so they are not their own team.

Its possible that he is a wolf cub rogue than can only become full member of the rogues by being found on an odd day.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

It seems as though Metropolis is in need of some extra help this weekend. As such, I will be unavailable until Monday. Please direct all calls/batsignals towards Alfred.

Barbara WW wrote: »

Harvey Dent does not have they're own win condition, other than either village or rogue, so they are not their own team.

Its possible that he is a wolf cub rogue than can only become full member of the rogues by being found on an odd day.

Is this not a win con?
    If Harvey lasts to the end and is good he can win with the Village. If he's bad they have to kill him or Big Bad Harv will lash out for the win

Also earlier in the OP it seems to indicate that the Rogues Gallery are only 3:
    The Penguin, Riddler & Poison Ivy have teamed up to take on the Bat. Meanwhile, his greatest enemy of all, The Joker is also on the loose. For now he is going it alone but laughter is infectious. Someone who is never alone anymore, however, is Harvey Dent aka Two Face. The questions is, is it the former DA or big bad Harv that the city should be prepared for?

Is this not a win con?

Also earlier in the OP it seems to indicate that the Rogues Gallery are only 3:

I would expect his win conditions to be in the section 'win conditions' if he could win on his own. So that's why i see it as, d1,3,5... village win con, d2,4,6.... rogues win con.

Maybe there will be a task to lock him down to village or he gets to be a full rogue.

Also he is in the rogues gallery underline section, before NRV and after Team SK.

Probably best to consider Dent as a rogue team's lost cub.

If Harvey is at end game, he will win as an evil or a goodie depending on his day.

So if he is evil at 2v1 and evil on that day he will kill the last villager by the sounds of it.

I'm also reading he has a kill ability maybe a gun with a 50% chance of killing his target

Although no idea on how many bullets

Thats my read on the character

• Advertisement

Fiona WW wrote: »
    If Harvey is at end game, he will win as an evil or a goodie depending on his day.

So if he is evil at 2v1 and evil on that day he will kill the last villager by the sounds of it.

I'm also reading he has a kill ability maybe a gun with a 50% chance of killing his target

Although no idea on how many bullets

Thats my read on the character

If he was evil at 2v1, then there was no munch and the last wolf or sk was killed the day previous, so the game would have been over at 3 villagers, with dent being a villager.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

The newspaper thing?

No, I meant the discrepancy in player sign-ups and Anon accounts, since clarified by a kindly mod.

Re Harvey: He is obviously team wolf, as he's listed under the wolves. My guess is that he has access to the wolf room (maybe not all of it, and probably not all the time), and can strategise with his team-mates. But, due to his split personality, the full-time wolves will be wary of sharing their identities with him, and vice versa.

Re Penguin: his role in the OP sounds quite different to that of Counterfeiter in the link. I don't really quite know what to make of that. TBH, I'd never have thought to click on the link and would have only referred to the OP.

Re Steve: my bet is he's doing a task, or playing a joke or leaving riddles. Clodagh's OP also is sus as was mentioned, but Steve was one of the first to call her out on it (second after Barbara), so I'd doubt they'd be on the same team if both are evil.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I would expect his win conditions to be in the section 'win conditions' if he could win on his own. So that's why i see it as, d1,3,5... village win con, d2,4,6.... rogues win con.

Maybe there will be a task to lock him down to village or he gets to be a full rogue.

Fair point re the task. Might not be definitive alternations.

Oooh, maybe if we don't get some of the riddles right it's a reward for the wolves?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Images aren't loading right on phone and will need to go a full catch up on laptop. Been a manic day keeping Gotham safe.

Am I right in thinking no action required voting wise tonight.

Liam WW wrote: »
    No, I meant the discrepancy in player sign-ups and Anon accounts, since clarified by a kindly mod.

Oh right, didn't even notice until the mod clarification.
    Re Harvey: He is obviously team wolf, as he's listed under the wolves. My guess is that he has access to the wolf room (maybe not all of it, and probably not all the time), and can strategise with his team-mates. But, due to his split personality, the full-time wolves will be wary of sharing their identities with him, and vice versa.

Re Penguin: his role in the OP sounds quite different to that of Counterfeiter in the link. I don't really quite know what to make of that. TBH, I'd never have thought to click on the link and would have only referred to the OP.

Re Steve: my bet is he's doing a task, or playing a joke or leaving riddles. Clodagh's OP also is sus as was mentioned, but Steve was one of the first to call her out on it (second after Barbara), so I'd doubt they'd be on the same team if both are evil.

Two bolded parts in your post here Liam. Why would you not use resources provided by the mods to clear things up? Now I don't know if the Counterfeiter is exactly as stated but the role is clear imo, so I expect some manipulation of the lynch votes.

The second bolded part is a bit weird. Why do you think task? I didn't get that at all from Steve's posts, they are literally Shakespearean translations.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking no action required voting wise tonight.

Yeah first thing is lynch on Monday eve. Unless of course you’re a wolf, then it’s the munch on Monday morning!

Oh right, didn't even notice until the mod clarification.

Two bolded parts in your post here Liam. Why would you not use resources provided by the mods to clear things up? Now I don't know if the Counterfeiter is exactly as stated but the role is clear imo, so I expect some manipulation of the lynch votes.

The second bolded part is a bit weird. Why do you think task? I didn't get that at all from Steve's posts, they are literally Shakespearean translations.

1) Because: "If you are a new player trying to get to grips with things". I'm not a new player. I saw no need to look at stuff offsite, and every other game has had all information needed in the OP. You thought to look at the link, but not at the anon count list. I did vice versa. Horses for courses, mate :)

2) Fair enough if you don't think so. I think it's worth examining the reason behind any strange activity in a game like this: "and remember *disclaimer* mods may have secrets".

How many people have changed the avatar to Batman? :D

All our avatars are Batman themed. Mods been busy.

• Advertisement

1) Because: "If you are a new player trying to get to grips with things". I'm not a new player. I saw no need to look at stuff offsite, and every other game has had all information needed in the OP. You thought to look at the link, but not at the anon count list. I did vice versa. Horses for courses, mate :)

2) Fair enough if you don't think so. I think it's worth examining the reason behind any strange activity in a game like this: "and remember *disclaimer* mods may have secrets".

It's not offsite, it's literally in the same forum.

Your second point, well lettuce examine that:

So you think he's possibly doing three things? Talk about covering all your bases in case he's actually good.

Advertisement