Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Re Harvey: He is obviously team wolf, as he's listed under the wolves. My guess is that he has access to the wolf room (maybe not all of it, and probably not all the time), and can strategise with his team-mates. But, due to his split personality, the full-time wolves will be wary of sharing their identities with him, and vice versa.

Re Penguin: his role in the OP sounds quite different to that of Counterfeiter in the link. I don't really quite know what to make of that. TBH, I'd never have thought to click on the link and would have only referred to the OP.

Re Steve: my bet is he's doing a task, or playing a joke or leaving riddles. Clodagh's OP also is sus as was mentioned, but Steve was one of the first to call her out on it (second after Barbara), so I'd doubt they'd be on the same team if both are evil.

Right, saying hello, is sus. Great detective work there buddy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Why are you being so pedantic? It's off this game thread. Focus on the bit of my post that actually matters: "every other game has had all information needed in the OP".

I'm not covering all bases. I'm pointing out what could be something worth pointing out. Please don't stifle discussion.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Right, saying hello, is sus. Great detective work there buddy.

I never said that saying hello is sus.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Why are you being so pedantic? It's off this game thread. Focus on the bit of my post that actually matters: "every other game has had all information needed in the OP".

I'm not covering all bases. I'm pointing out what could be something worth pointing out. Please don't stifle discussion.

You are though.

You're saying: He could be doing tasks, or playing jokes, or doing riddles (??).

Your defensive response about me 'stifling discussion' is noted though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

MOD REMINDER

10. NO EDITING POSTS. You won’t be able to in an anon account. If you slip and post in your regular boardsie account, don’t delete or edit either. Log back into your anon account, quote the slipped post(s) and announce to the thread that you slipped and the posts should be attributed to your given anon account.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    If he was evil at 2v1, then there was no munch and the last wolf or sk was killed the day previous, so the game would have been over at 3 villagers, with dent being a villager.

What?

3 v 1 dent good

munch not dent

2 v 1 dent bad

wolves win instead of a lynch

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Holla broth'rs and sist'rs, hast aught most wondrous hath happened in mine own absence

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Evening all, just out of Arkham Asylum and I am not Batman

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Holla broth'rs and sist'rs, hast aught most wondrous hath happened in mine own absence

Classic ‘Steve’

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    What?

3 v 1 dent good

munch not dent

2 v 1 dent bad

wolves win instead of a lynch

That's now a different situation, but lets explore this new situation you present.

3 v 1 dent good

munch not dent

1 v 2 bad dent, game over.

• Advertisement

That's now a different situation, but lets explore this new situation you present.

3 v 1 dent good

munch not dent

Expanding on that

4 v 1 dent good

munch not dent

2 v 2 dent bad, game over.
    Harvey Dent gives a -2 every second day, so is a major liability to have around in end game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Hi Folks, nice that this started on a Saturday! Some light reading off a sober Saturday night for myself

3 v 1 dent good

munch not dent

Its exactly what I said I just went back a day to explain how we get there which you didn't seem to think we could

Its exactly what I said I just went back a day to explain how we get there which you didn't seem to think we could

https://media1.tenor.com/images/ec0ba19324e89c0d38f5e0a5e8f9ef29/tenor.gif?itemid=5241944

tenor.gif?itemid=5241944

no,

how do we ever get to 2v1 with dent bad?

that two villagers v dent

if dent is only evil, then sk or wolf couldn't have acted and killed themselves, so no munch or sk kill happened.

if no sk or munch happened, then they must have been lynched the day before.

if that's the case, then dent was good, so the game should have ended there, with two villager and dent being in good mode, so 3 villagers.

so your scenario with 2 villagers against bad dent can't happen, as the game would have been already over the day before.

After lynch on night x, 4 left 1 wolf, I dent good, 2 villagers

After munch

1 wolf, 1 dent bad, 1 villager endgame

After lynch on night x, 4 left 1 wolf, I dent good, 2 villagers

After munch

1 wolf, 1 dent bad, 1 villager endgame
    If by endgame, you mean game over, then yes.
    I even expanded it to 5 left, 1 wolf, 1 dent good, 3 villagers

After munch,

1 wolf, 1 bad dent, 2 villagers, game over.

If by endgame, you mean game over, then yes.
    I even expanded it to 5 left, 1 wolf, 1 dent good, 3 villagers

After munch,

1 wolf, 1 bad dent, 2 villagers, game over.

ok I fear we are going round in circles all im saying is what I said the first time,

I'll leave it there the points been made anyways,

ok I fear we are going round in circles all im saying is what I said the first time,

I'll leave it there the points been made anyways,

If the point being is that we should treat dent as a rogue in the numbers from the start of the game,
    that is
    25 players

20 villagers v 4 rogue v 1 sk

and never count dent as a villager in the numbers,

then yes, i agree that the points been made.

• Advertisement

I don't want to stifle any conversation that would potentially help the village, but really, should we be discussing how the wolves could win in a scenario with Dent in a final list of players? We don't want to be giving them ideas they might not have thought of themselves.

you seem quite argumentative for someone who missed my original point.

You can call him what you like.

Im out

Im Batman

I don't want to stifle any conversation that would potentially help the village, but really, should we be discussing how the wolves could win in a scenario with Dent in a final list of players? We don't want to be giving them ideas they might not have thought of themselves.

Can you explain to me like i was 5, how this is helping the wolves?

You think they will craft a master plan from what was said above.

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Vote Angus and we will be on the right path

We have a Barbra role and a Barbra player, that will get confusing at some stage no doubt.

Can you explain to me like i was 5, how this is helping the wolves?

You think they will craft a master plan from what was said above.

You really don't see how it could benefit the wolves? They too, are no doubt wondering about how the end game will pan out in relation to Harvey being with them v being against them. If we're talking about what wolves could do in such a situation that would be detrimental to the village, then it can only help them. If we're talking about what village could do in such a situation that would help the village, then the wolves will likely try and do the opposite. I'm sure with 3/4 of them already strategizing in their rooms, they'll have come up with all the scenarios. But, there is a chance that there's some they have forgotten and us spelling them out to them, can't be helpful to the village.

Now, go to bed! It's way past your bedtime!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Hi Folks, nice that this started on a Saturday! Some light reading off a sober Saturday night for myself

Whoop...Des is back.....
    giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d338ce73471783159564f3a&rid=giphy.gif

Lol

We have a Barbra role and a Barbra player, that will get confusing at some stage no doubt.

Hadnt thought about that!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

A few things.

I'm so excited. I'm on a mobile and can't post GIFs which upsets me cause I don't think a batman claim is relevant without them.

I've just spent hours rereading the Batman story and I'm a little sad for his poor folks. Poor Thomas Wayne.

I'm torn now between reading more comics and backstory or actually reading the thread.

Advertisement