Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ectoplasm wrote:
    I've to do oral defense of my thesis tomorrow so need a good night's sleep. Also planning to get drunk after that so if I am still alive tomorrow I probably won't be around massively or will be kinda drunk if I am.

You should deffo post drunk. Deffo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

This is going to be an absolute killer not being able to post after(if I survive).

Oh the suspense...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Bye folks, it’s been emotional

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5cd342de424464663264e46e&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Be interesting to see if the lower posters voted and on whom. I'm off to be shortly, literally just waiting on announcement.

I've to do oral defense of my thesis tomorrow so need a good night's sleep. Also planning to get drunk after that so if I am still alive tomorrow I probably won't be around massively or will be kinda drunk if I am.

Best of luck.

Also happy birthday to all and qb hope you're okay!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The discussions and finger-pointing had been longer than ever before witnessed in this quaint little village of Boardstown.

Suspicions were rife, and had changed all day but it had been deemed that kitten_k was guilty.

Armed only with batons, their firearms stored away until they completed their academy training - they turned on kitten_k and beat them to death.

kitten_k was then strung up in the centre of Boardstown as a warning to the monsters who owned the night time.

f0f23c77b3ffd26eb8a00d31527e0a72--scary-movies-horror-movies.jpg

kitten_k was....

fbi-agents-work-at-the-scene-of-a-fourth-package-bombing-in-three-M8PRDW.jpg

An FBI Trainee (NRV)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

NIGHT IS UPON US.

NO POSTING UNTIL AFTER THE MUNCH ANNOUNCEMENT TOMORROW MORNING PLEASE

Player Name No. of Votes Voters
    kitten_k 3 tritium, Ectoplasm, sKeith
    Dublinandy2 3 Pter, Green&Red, duffman13
    sKeith 2 kitten_k, TheSkunk
    TheSkunk 2 quickbeam, tusk
    Kolido 2 crosstownk, Strawberry Milkshake
    Barney92 1 Digital Solitude
    fixxxer 1 Barney92
    Green&Red 1 fixxxer
    Pter 1 Dublinandy2
    duffman13 1 Triceratops Ballet
    Loughc 1 Kolido
    crosstownk 1 Clarabel
    Strawberry Milkshake 1 Bounty Hunter

Did Not Vote: Succubus_, Loughc

kitten_k lynched by virtue of last vote cast.

tritium was on the case and believed he had cornered one of the psychotic killers.

As he made his way to the location, he attempted to radio for back-up, but all he could get was static.
    Looking strangely at his radio, he noticed the aerial had been strangely unscrewed and was missing.

He now realised this was a trap, he had been set up. Looking around him, he briefly glimpsed a shadowy figure in his peripheral vision.

giphy.gif

The missing aerial from his radio suddenly pierced his eye socket and went into his brain. tritium knew no more.

When the village discovered his body in the morning he was barely recognisable. His fingers were missing and his ankles had large bite marks. The meat from his calf muscles had been mysteriously removed as well.

Tritium has been killed.

He was an FBI Trainee (NRV)

POSTING CAN NOW RECOMMENCE. Reminder of the 100 post limit in place until 7pm tomorrow.

Lynch at 9pm on Friday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Thanks for giving me a break yesterday. I continued to read along for most of the day, it was a good distraction, but I wasn’t up for actually ‘playing’. I think I’ve got a handle of where we’re at so below is my read list. If I’ve come to a conclusion because I’ve missed something while reading, then feel free to point it out and I’ll reconsider. Some of these are by memory. Some I’ve ISO’d this morning as I didn’t have a handle on them from memory (the ones that reference post numbers were ISO’d). Prepared in advance (started 7.30am-ish), ready to post after munch announcement, so I guess one of these will be immaterial.

Barney – villageryish, but did cast an outlier lynch vote (on Fixxxer). OCD on people tagging their FFAs right (I like this!)

Bounty Hunter – villageryish, if not then a brave wolf putting himself out there with his giffing nonsense. Outlier in the lynch.

Clarabel – villagery, was an outlier in the lynch.

crosstown – 2 posts of zilch, got a vote in though (on Kolido), so fairly sus that he voted without playing. Could be a wolf. Kolido was a somewhat risky vote if both were wolves, but not highest risk level.

Digi – 1 post of zilch, also got a vote in (on Fixxxer), so as with Cross I’d be a bit sus there, and Barney was also a safe vote to place on a fellow wolf if Barney turns out to be wolf (though as above, I am leaning villager on Barney).

Dandy – if he turns out to be a wolf, then it’s definitely not a good look for the Kitten voters, Trit and Ecto especially. Keith could have voted Kitten for self preservation. I’m undecided on Dandy though. Reading yesterday, I was persuaded by the arguments of those against him, but then was also persuaded when he defended himself, so I’ve a big massive “I dunno” on him. I’m also unsure if his narrative pieces have hidden meaning or just for fun. I guess if he flips wolf it might be worth reading over them again to see what he’s said about others. Was one of those to vote for an outlier in the lynch.

Duffman – pretty neutral. Voted Dandy, so if Dandy’s a wolf, Duffman is unlikely to be.

Ecto – voted off Villager, Kitten. Won’t hold it against her, chances are this lynch would end up with a villager death anyway. Aside from that, I’d say villageryish.

Fixxxer – Thinks Keith is a wolf (#690) but is an outlier in the lynch (on GnR). Did say (#677) that he may switch, but never did, that was early yesterday, plenty of time to have switched if he’d wanted to. Thinks Trit is a wolf (#465), but didn’t include him in his FFA (#543) (didn’t include any third). A lot of fluff.

GnR – mild to strong villager lean. I’m surprised at the accusations against him. I thought he was fairly transparent since game began, and his plan to bandwagon doesn’t sound like something a wolf would do. His plan to catch wolves by seeing who’d join him in his bandwagon sort of worked though, except not in the way it intended. I’d bet that those who started a bandwagon on him for suggesting it, include a wolf in there. Though in the end only Fixxxer voted for him. It’d be interesting to see who was calling for his blood earlier on.

Kitten – Dead Villager. I can see why people voted for her. But, as said above, if Dandy does flip bad, then I’d be more wary of those who did vote for her.

Kolido – outlier vote on a non-poster (Lough) is a bit suspicious, also done early morning (#593). Really thought nobody else worth voting for between then and 9pm?? Serious pocketer, of Strawbs (#793) and Ecto (#801). With the former he even states it’s NOT pocketing! But also casts shade on Strawbs earlier (#743) which Keith called him out on (#746). Wouldn’t hang him for not responding to Whippy’s accusation so much, but the rest has me looking at a fairly wolf lean.

Lough – 2 posts of zilch. Did not vote.

Pter – villagery, isn’t striking me as the play of a wolf

quickbeam – lock clear villager :)

sKeith – very antagonistic, like pulling teeth getting answers from him (other people’s questions, I don’t believe I’ve posted any to him myself, yet). A fairly brave style of play if he was a wolf, so had a pretty strong village lean on him initially. It is swinging back a little now that he voted to lynch a villager (I thought he’d have the wolves sussed out a bit better). Also the longer he survives the more worried I am about him. I’ll put him in the villageryish pile for the moment.

Strawberry – all over the shop, was going to vote Kitten, then voted Kolido (her, and MIA Cross). If Dandy is a wolf, this would almost make her lock clear her as a villager in my eyes. If he’s a villager then it doesn’t mean much. If Kolido is a wolf it might not actually look good for her, as he was presumably a ‘safe’ vote (Cross hadn’t declared where he was voting). Good at the spreadsheets. If past accusations against me for the same thing are anything to go by, this then means ‘helpful wolf’, or ‘organised villager’. When I was a wolf, I found it useful as it was a way to contribute without actually putting the work in. When I was a villager it usually got me killed. It’ll be interesting to see how long the wolves leave her alone if she is a villager. Her offer to die instead of a newb was noble. Overall, I’m thinking villagery.

Succubus – 4 posts, seem to be trying, newb, finding her feet? If a wolf, I’d say her teammates would be helping her along more and definitely would have instructed her to vote in the lynch. As it is she seems to be a little lost at sea, so probably a villager. She should post more. I liked her FFA. I’m not saying I agree with her choices, but it showed she was forming opinions. Just need more of that!

Skunk – honestly, my vote for her was nearly a throw of a dart, but I’m really not liking her constant forgetfulness of how many players they are. A wolf would have in mind that there are 20 Villagers against them and that number would easily get stuck in their head and have her make mistakes like that. It’s not enough to hang her, but I’d definitely have a wolf lean on her now.

Triceratops – neutral, decent post count, but nothing memorable. When I ISO, it’s a lot of fluff with one detailed read-list (#671), but only on a handful of posters. A wolf that gave up? Or a villager who just ran out of time? I’d hope to see her completed list today before making up my mind on her. Based on read-list, hard to understand why she voted where she did (Duffman) an outlier.

Tritium – same as Ecto. Villagery

Tusk – villagery, voted with me on Skunk

Whiplashy – Dead Villager

If I’m ordering them, then villageryist to wolfiest:
    quickbeam
    kitten_k
    Whiplashy

Strawberry Milkshake
    Green&Red
    Barney92
    tritium
    tusk
    Dublinandy2
    Ectoplasm
    Bounty Hunter
    Pter
    Succubus_
    Clarabel
    Triceratops Ballet
    Duffman13
    Loughc
    sKeith
    Digital Solitude
    crosstownk

Kolido
    fixxxer
    TheSkunk

An odd game for me. Maybe it’s my state of mind, or maybe it’s not, but usually I start every game suspecting everyone. Here I find most players villagery and even those where I’ve some suspicions they’re kinda weak. Maybe it’s be expected when the wolves have such a large crowd to hide in though?

Will be around most of today. I do have to run a few errands though so will be afk for a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'm off line for a couple of hours from 10 so I've pre-prepared this, in the presumption that I was close to going so the wolves are unlikely to take me out of the running.

Just having a look back over yesterday evenings events and the main movers that resulted in a village kill

Trit had a placeholder on me #766, then immediately talks about switching to Kitten which is thanked by Ecto. Then he clears tusk but switches to Kitten #773 which is immediately followed by Ecto switching to Kitten #775
    Strawbs then jumps on Kitten #778
    Skeith gives notice that he'll be moving from Fixxer to Kitten #791
    Strawbs talks about moving to Fixxxer #795
    Strawbs switches to kolido #806 - avoids moving to Fixxer although SKeith has asked her to join him
    Skeith moves his vote to Kitten #808 - this is the critical move

Trit and Ecto both moved very quickly to Kitten, unlikely that they are both wolves but there definitely could be one there - Trit would still be my hunch

SKeiths move to Kitten is TWTBAW (I've wanted to use that since my first game) - Is he on the up and up and just wanted a wagon or is he a wolf with Dandy or Kolido and got spooked that we might be voting out one of his buddies?Definite huge red flag

Analyzing the other votes some stood out for me:

Fixxer didn't seem to be around after 6pm, he had voted for me earlier in the day when I appeared to be the main bangwagon - its a red flag for me

Duffman seems to have voted early and instead of going for the obvious bandwagon went for Dandy - now of course Petr and I had already stated our votes on him so maybe he just jumped on that - person of interest

Strawbs flip flopping is very interesting, would a wolf be so blatantly flip floppy? The fact that she talked the good talk about moving to Fixxer but then picked Kolido is another red flag

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

tusk wrote: »
    My bad :o:o:o

Sorry if I screwed the game :'(

I wouldn't worry about it, I did the same thing in my first game. It takes a while to get used to the rules. No harm done

Aww, Trit :(

Lynch form open

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

RIP Trit. I feel like my points on them and whippy pointing at a dodgy skunk need to be relooked at now.

Necro wrote: »
    tritium was on the case and believed he had cornered one of the psychotic killers.

Presume this is just flavour, and not a hint from the mods that Trit was on the right track?? Probably not considering his track was voting for Kitten?

Flavour be flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

RIP Trit, my brutha from anutha mutha!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I'll be largely AFK today, major pressure in work (I'm going away for a month at the end of the month and the pressure is on) I'm working on part two of my iso list, will hopefully be finished by lunch time, it'll be a 3 parter cos some of y'all running away with yourselves and yisser post counts!

Aw Quickbeam I’m your most likely wolf for getting the numbers mixed up? It’s hardly constant either, it was only two times.

Default number of players total in my head just goes to 20, I keep thinking there’s 20 players. 3 wolves and 17 NRVs. I don’t think it’s something that would indicate village or wolf either, just that I’m a bit of a tick :pac:

Glad you’re feeling better today though, even if I am your prime suspect. Welcome back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Catching up now. Will try and get through trits posts see what can be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Ok, QBs suss on me I can understand, that was a wasted vote from me.

My assessment of last nights results.

Lough and succ didnt vote, likely villagers. Lough demoted from my wolf list.
    Clarebels reaction to me putting her on my list was somewhat timit, happy to place her on the not sure list for now.
    Strawbs sudden switch has alerted me. If you have a feeling someone is wolf, why change, regardless of previous games.
    Cross, not playing but votes, immediate wolf alert in my book. However, I dont think both strawbs and cross are wolves, only one I would guess.
    Keithy still my top wolf suspect, I should have voted him last night.
    Digi got a vote in but not playing, wolf move.
    Tusk is vil Im sure of, cant explain right now without going meta. Which leads me to think QB is villagee
    If Im right about Keithy, lady skunk and ecto are are vil.
    Andy, pter,gnr,duffer voting Im still need to assess.

Summary.

Wolf lean: Keithy, digi, strawbs, cross

Vil lean: tusk, qb, lough, succ, skunk, ecto

Rest Im unsure about.

RIP Trit.

I still believe Kolido is a wolf which is why I stayed on him. If I jumped onto fixer (ooh err) though, kitten would be alive but fixer could also be an FBI trainee so would make no difference number wise.

I’m good but only myself and the wolfs know that. I’m gonna concentrate firstly on when the FFAs started rolling in on Tuesday as I made a comment then that I would have loved to be lynched at that exact moment in time to see who was making the push onto me. I just want to have a record of it so you can look back easier when the time comes.

RIP Trit btw, it’s strange because after the lynch results I did a few notes so I could post this morning as I’m in work until late tonight and had put Trit on my possible wolf list.

So out of the three who voted to lynch Kitten there’s Ecto and SK left. Could it be that a wolf is in the two and they killed Trit to throw suspicion on the other person?

SK you made a link between me and Kitten being a team yesterday and then asked for my read on her. Why was it that you had her in your head then? At the time I said nothing of hers stood out and it still doesn’t so am interested to see why you thought that as I don’t have time to search for the posts.

I think it would be a good idea if someone could look back and see who was the first person to vote for Kitten, was it Trit? Then Ecto and then SK?

Clarabel - I noticed when going back you called me out on not being around yesterday after people thought I was village. That was just a coincidence, I was in work and had been off the two days before. When I’m off I’ll post loads but can’t post much when I’m working, tried it in the last game and it drove me insane :pac: I found it odd though because you yourself were absent and I believe someone called you out on it and you said you were working mad hours. Can’t be one rule for me and another for you unfortunately.

Tusk - I get your suspicious of me and guessing Trits lynched just confirmed what was in your head already. I think if I was a wolf I wouldn’t kill off two people who questioned me. Same response applies as before and Trit thanked my post with the reasoning so accepted it. If there’s anything else you’re suspicious of me for then you can lay it out and I’ll respond to it, I’d much prefer that than not really having much to say but the same thing again in response to your accusation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

quickbeam wrote: »

Digi – 1 post of zilch, also got a vote in (on Fixxxer), so as with Cross I’d be a bit sus there, and Barney was also a safe vote to place on a fellow wolf if Barney turns out to be wolf (though as above, I am leaning villager on Barney).

This stood out. Are you sure its correct?

Green&Red wrote: »

Trit had a placeholder on me #766, then immediately talks about switching to Kitten which is thanked by Ecto. Then he clears tusk but switches to Kitten #773 which is immediately followed by Ecto switching to Kitten #775
    Strawbs then jumps on Kitten #778
    Skeith gives notice that he'll be moving from Fixxer to Kitten #791
    Strawbs talks about moving to Fixxxer #795
    Strawbs switches to kolido #806 - avoids moving to Fixxer although SKeith has asked her to join him
    Skeith moves his vote to Kitten #808 - this is the critical move

Trit and Ecto both moved very quickly to Kitten, unlikely that they are both wolves but there definitely could be one there - Trit would still be my hunch

SKeiths move to Kitten is TWTBAW (I've wanted to use that since my first game) - Is he on the up and up and just wanted a wagon or is he a wolf with Dandy or Kolido and got spooked that we might be voting out one of his buddies?Definite huge red flag

I broadcasted my move, its not like I done it all of a sudden. #869

Analyzing the other votes some stood out for me:

Fixxer didn't seem to be around after 6pm, he had voted for me earlier in the day when I appeared to be the main bangwagon - its a red flag for me

Duffman seems to have voted early and instead of going for the obvious bandwagon went for Dandy - now of course Petr and I had already stated our votes on him so maybe he just jumped on that - person of interest

Strawbs flip flopping is very interesting, would a wolf be so blatantly flip floppy? The fact that she talked the good talk about moving to Fixxer but then picked Kolido is another red flag
    Okay, i thoughts about straws. (if they wolf)

compiled ffas but never shared. #745
    from this, knew what the 6 (7) or so undeclared #819 might be voting.
    wanted off the kitten wagon in case it flipped.
    fixxxer is a wolf was too hot on ffas or fellow wolf is already on fixxxer
    moved to kolido.

I don't think kolido is wolf in this scenario.

Kitten, I’m putting my vote back on you. You’ve an hour and fifteen to convince me to switch off you again.

This is fun!!!!
    This post 19:42

who was voted| by who| current count

kittenk|trit,ecto,straw|3
    dandy|pter, green|2
    skunk| qb, tusk|2
    green| fixxxer|1
    cross| calrabel|1
    fixxxer| sKeith|1
    loughc| kolido|1
    pter| dandy|1
    duff|tb|1
    straw|BH|1
    skeith|kittenk|1
    switched off at 20:40. Number of kitten posts 0.

Then, theres the straws is a villager case
    kitten_k wrote: »
    No I reckon she just realised that she always has me as a wolf and was probably why she was voting for me

Which is what kitten believed.

Player Name No. of Votes Voters
    kitten_k 3 tritium, Ectoplasm, sKeith
    Dublinandy2 3 Pter, Green&Red, duffman13
    sKeith 2 kitten_k, TheSkunk
    TheSkunk 2 quickbeam, tusk
    Kolido 2 crosstownk, Strawberry Milkshake
    Barney92 1 Digital Solitude
    fixxxer 1 Barney92
    Green&Red 1 fixxxer
    Pter 1 Dublinandy2
    duffman13 1 Triceratops Ballet
    Loughc 1 Kolido
    crosstownk 1 Clarabel
    Strawberry Milkshake 1 Bounty HunterDid Not Vote: Succubus_, Loughc

Okay think my brain woke up a bit with the smell of coffee.

SK you’re looking into Strawbs(love this nickname!) for changing her vote over. I’m wondering did you see that as an opportunity, knowing you’d munch one of the people who voted for her and would be able to use that information today. Would be pretty brave though after already targeting Kitten and you yourself changing votes.

My guess on Strawbs was she got a bit giddy giving Kitten her time to give up a defense but changed anyway because of a gut feeling. One which would have been right. I know a couple of people have said her for possible wolf but again I haven’t seen anything that stood out to me. I know I’ll probably linked now for defending her but I’m just saying what I thought when reading. If I don’t get bad vibes off someone I’ll say it, just like with Kitten.

That should say “probably be linked to her”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The dodgiest thing I noticed with Strawbs was offering to be offed in place of one of the new players so they could continue the game longer. Nice gesture and all but getting killed is part of the game. Feels like an attempt to seem to nice to be wolfy maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

TheSkunk wrote: »

Tusk - I get your suspicious of me and guessing Trits lynched just confirmed what was in your head already. I think if I was a wolf I wouldn’t kill off two people who questioned me. Same response applies as before and Trit thanked my post with the reasoning so accepted it. If there’s anything else you’re suspicious of me for then you can lay it out and I’ll respond to it, I’d much prefer that than not really having much to say but the same thing again in response to your accusation.

Your response yesterday actually had me doubting my suspicion and I was open to changing my vote. (pretty sure I posted that, but it was too late for anyone to sway me unfortunately).

I didn't however mention that your post had kind of reduced my suspicion before the night kicked in.

The trit lynch casts me back on you unfortunately.

I get the whole ' a wolf wouldn't kill off two targetors ', but you mention you're pretty new. And I know I'm very new, so I feel if I was a wolf, I'd probably make some rash decisions if I was on the defensive.

My current feelings are Skunk, Kolido and Dandy as wolves.

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    This stood out. Are you sure its correct?

Digi voted Barney not Fixxxer. Had the latter in brackets but mentioned the former later.

Advertisement