Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Wishful thinking on getting home early. Now to my spreadsheet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Guys, might be a dumb question, but everyone is putting up a FFA with 3 names. But we can only make 1 vote per lynch right? This 3 name thing is just for transparency?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Kolido wrote: »
    Hold on, how many players have I shaded. Please define shading.

You have 6 players leaning wolf in your list, at least 3 of those are village. Is that not the same as shading?

Will you be ok for the next munch? I guess your wolf buddies could always put the villager in a blender and have them like a milkshake.

That's shading.
    You don't give a reason for why SM is a wolf. You just shade, protray her as wolf. She is not in you FFAs either.

Hold on, how many players have I shaded. Please define shading.

You have 6 players leaning wolf in your list, at least 3 of those are village. Is that not the same as shading?

I only have one player in my wolf list atm. I give reason for all placements, If you don't agree with any of my reasons, discuss it with me.

I doubt seriously you will be arguing about your shader label.

My current list, top is clear bottom is dodgy, just graded, not sorted within grades yet.

Lock clear villager
    sKeith - Lock CLEAR

leaning village
    Green&Red - decent read of me, advancing player or TMI? (for newbies 'too much information') ah feck, barney can keep an eye on him, consider me slightly pocketed here
    tusk - I can see where his sKeith / skunk and kolido wolf leans are coming from. He's also villa leaning my villa lean. You earned a villa lean from me.
    Strawberry Milkshake - Like answers given when i asked about why she like the fact there was no village aligned power roles.
    tritium - nice acknowledgment of mountainous (for newbies, the nice picture of the mountains was a ref to the type of game we are currently playing, mountainous, no power roles, and only vanilla wolves) shade / not shade on me and pter, or just trying to game solve. Dont lynch here first. Reevaluate the here on day 2. There posts so far are pro village.
    Barney92 - some shade but is honest about it, game solvey? depends how pter flips, not w/w with pter.
    Dublinandy2 - not all wolves are furry, the eccentric, either he is pocketing me or whatever, i like him.
    quickbeam - very slight village lean

nullish
    Bounty Hunter - forty coats with his fifty pockets.
    Pter - seems to try hard to read my posts but ignores mention of TB being guarded about what she posts. Asks for explanations to stuff already in thread. Seems to be trying to act villagery. Recieved some backup from sm, but i'm village leaning on sm, so gonna discard that for a while.
    Ectoplasm - has a long list that SM is top of , but when asked can't produce any list. ecto has moved up today as she gave a reads list, i'll be keeping an eye on the list, but giving one is good..
    Clarabel i like clarabels progression, she is making reads, she is scum reading some of my town lean, but thats okay, i need somebody to keep me straight on my blinkers.

Null
    Succubus_ - picked up on pter & sKeith back and forth. picked up on kolido birthday, but not when. thats a very low thread awareness. still null.
    Crosstownk - pretty null except G&R softly defended them. They mentioned that if necro was playing it be like reading war n peace. i couldn't relate, and i wonder if he had actually read war and peace, caz, why lie about that, and gnr comes swinging hard at me re war and peace.
    Digital Solitude - null as null can be, has he forgotten about the game?
    Triceratops Ballet - she says she has to watch what she says, nothing further, more came from tb, still on watch, but more null now than lean bad.

very slight inkling of wolf equity
    Kolido - shader
    Loughc - shader, lough c aint moved, 2 poster, get posting or modkill on the way.
    Duffman13 - claims to have found two wolves in the OPs, one's a dead villa. moved duff down today.

leaning wolf
    kitten_k - very defensive, skims thread.
    TheSkunk - Liked there OP more than most, sk v duffman. troubled re my lock clear. provides excuses for absence that nobody cares about. Still, wants to know why lock clear. seems to misunderstand shade vs picking apart peoples posts. Yeah, making a new grade for this one. leaning wolf.

Willing to vote wolf.
    fixxxer - having trouble giffing. fixxxer has moved down, backing skunk

The Dead

Whiplashy (Villa) - jokes that kolido is a wolf.

okay, so i have 3 in my leaning wolf, take this as my ffa.

i have 7 in my village, this is great.

Change the end to, my #ffa1 is my two leaning wolves and willing to vote wolf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

sKeith wrote: »
    That's shading.
    You don't give a reason for why SM is a wolf. You just shade, protray her as wolf. She is not in you FFAs either.

I call it shaking trees, we've always used it. So Ive shook gnr and strawbs.

My ffa has nothing to do with it.

I call it shaking trees, we've always used it. So Ive shook gnr and strawbs.

My ffa has nothing to do with it.

That's a weird way of shaking trees.

I only have one player in my wolf list atm. I give reason for all placements, If you don't agree with any of my reasons, discuss it with me.

I doubt seriously you will be arguing about your shader label.

My current list, top is clear bottom is dodgy, just graded, not sorted within grades yet.

Lock clear villager
    sKeith - Lock CLEAR

leaning village
    Green&Red - decent read of me, advancing player or TMI? (for newbies 'too much information') ah feck, barney can keep an eye on him, consider me slightly pocketed here
    tusk - I can see where his sKeith / skunk and kolido wolf leans are coming from. He's also villa leaning my villa lean. You earned a villa lean from me.
    Strawberry Milkshake - Like answers given when i asked about why she like the fact there was no village aligned power roles.
    tritium - nice acknowledgment of mountainous (for newbies, the nice picture of the mountains was a ref to the type of game we are currently playing, mountainous, no power roles, and only vanilla wolves) shade / not shade on me and pter, or just trying to game solve. Dont lynch here first. Reevaluate the here on day 2. There posts so far are pro village.
    Barney92 - some shade but is honest about it, game solvey? depends how pter flips, not w/w with pter.
    Dublinandy2 - not all wolves are furry, the eccentric, either he is pocketing me or whatever, i like him.
    quickbeam - very slight village lean

nullish
    Bounty Hunter - forty coats with his fifty pockets.
    Pter - seems to try hard to read my posts but ignores mention of TB being guarded about what she posts. Asks for explanations to stuff already in thread. Seems to be trying to act villagery. Recieved some backup from sm, but i'm village leaning on sm, so gonna discard that for a while.
    Ectoplasm - has a long list that SM is top of , but when asked can't produce any list. ecto has moved up today as she gave a reads list, i'll be keeping an eye on the list, but giving one is good..
    Clarabel i like clarabels progression, she is making reads, she is scum reading some of my town lean, but thats okay, i need somebody to keep me straight on my blinkers.

Null
    Succubus_ - picked up on pter & sKeith back and forth. picked up on kolido birthday, but not when. thats a very low thread awareness. still null.
    Crosstownk - pretty null except G&R softly defended them. They mentioned that if necro was playing it be like reading war n peace. i couldn't relate, and i wonder if he had actually read war and peace, caz, why lie about that, and gnr comes swinging hard at me re war and peace.
    Digital Solitude - null as null can be, has he forgotten about the game?
    Triceratops Ballet - she says she has to watch what she says, nothing further, more came from tb, still on watch, but more null now than lean bad.

Kolido - shader
    Loughc - shader, lough c aint moved, 2 poster, get posting or modkill on the way.
    Duffman13 - claims to have found two wolves in the OPs, one's a dead villa. moved duff down today.

leaning wolf
    kitten_k - very defensive, skims thread.
    TheSkunk - Liked there OP more than most, sk v duffman. troubled re my lock clear. provides excuses for absence that nobody cares about. Still, wants to know why lock clear. seems to misunderstand shade vs picking apart peoples posts. Yeah, making a new grade for this one. leaning wolf.

Willing to vote wolf.
    fixxxer - having trouble giffing. fixxxer has moved down, backing skunk

The Dead

Whiplashy (Villa) - jokes that kolido is a wolf.

okay, so i have 3 in my leaning wolf, take this as my ffa.

i have 7 in my village, this is great.

What are your thoughts about dandy's consistent and unfounded (for me anyway) defence of skunk?

Sorry for the full quote - should have snipped ^

tusk wrote: »
    What are your thoughts about dandy's consistent and unfounded (for me anyway) defence of skunk?

Still v reading him, so taking him on face value, its a gut read that he feels strong about.
    I've been coming around on skunk myself, so I don't feel that awkward incorporating that into my world and giving skunk some extra v room because of it.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the explanation.

Kolido, let me explain my grading titles to you. So you don't be confused.

You are doing things that I would associate with wolfie behavior. This does not mean that I believe you are a wolf. I'll be keeping watch and looking for more of same.

leaning wolf
    You have triggered more alarm bells than I'm comfortable with.

Willing to vote wolf.
    I just think you are wolf and i will lynch you unless you can convince me otherwise or show me a better candidate.

**than I'm uncomfortable with.**

**than I'm uncomfortable with.**
    No, you were right first time jackass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

Getting late and I’m busy this evening so I’ve put a placeholder vote on G&R. Going to try to look back at a couple of alternative folks that have either tweaked my suspicion or raised flags with others though if I have time

Did a fast iso on kitten (again) and fixxxer - easy enough since they have similar posting levels.

Fixxxers not exactly knocking it out the park but there is some evidence of trying to work through the puzzle. He makes out and out accusations rather than sidling in when someone else has sown a seed, which maybe feels less wolfy

Kitten has nothing, nada. It’s like a gossip column when you iso her. Lots of chat but nothing yet to indicate they’re working on the solution

Tempted to switch to kitten on the back of that tbh

tritium wrote: »
    Did a fast iso on kitten (again) and fixxxer - easy enough since they have similar posting levels.

Fixxxers not exactly knocking it out the park but there is some evidence of trying to work through the puzzle. He makes out and out accusations rather than sidling in when someone else has sown a seed, which maybe feels less wolfy

Kitten has nothing, nada. It’s like a gossip column when you iso her. Lots of chat but nothing yet to indicate they’re working on the solution

Tempted to switch to kitten on the back of that tbh

I'm working back, making notes and noticed the exact same thing.

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    I'm working back, making notes and noticed the exact same thing.

About kitten btw

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Game Mod:

Post count limit has been....

Lynch at 9pm. Reminder it is mandatory to vote in the lynch - if you have not done so, do it by 8.59.59pm.

Thanks.

Also, don’t mean to go the low posters route but digi lough cross and succubus may as well to even be here: 9 posts total!

• Advertisement

Where does time go? Still working back through thread.

Speed iso on tusk and triceratops ballet

Tusk: reasonable progression of ideas. No lightbulb moments but working along as far as I can tell. At this stage I’d put him on the village pile

TB: less to work with. Not engaged heavily in her earliest posts but to be fair she’s indicated this all along. One to watch and see how things progress from here. Neutral

Vote switched to kitten for now btw

tritium wrote: »

No lightbulb moments but working along as far as I can tell.

I like the fact that you're thinking village for me, but that makes me feel a bit like Officer Doofy :o

My vote is in on kitten. Still reading back. For a low commitment game I seem to be a bit too committed :rolleyes:

I like the fact that you're thinking village for me, but that makes me feel a bit like Officer Doofy :o

Nah, it’s rare enough to have lightbulbs at this stage tbh. Most games are just slogging away for the first while

Post limit lifted and....

*tumbleweed*

Works for me as I'm nearly caught up on my notes.

Kitten, I’m putting my vote back on you. You’ve an hour and fifteen to convince me to switch off you again.

This is fun!!!!

any of you fine detectives have an updated list of current votes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Strawbs plucking at the auld emotional heartstrings has me feeling bad for dandy, but I stand by my reasoning so I'm staying there.

Happy enough with the reads ive made and my FFA.

Dandy if you are mad at me I'm sorry if I pushed your buttons. If ou arent and it's a wolf move then fair enough.

I'm trying to keep emotion out of the decision, but I can understand a new player coming under consistent scrutiny and feeling like they are being picked on.

All I can say is my posts were made in good humour and no offence was intended.

I still think you may be a wolf though, so I'll stick with my vote on you. But I hope whatever you flip as, and whatever thst happens, we can have a laugh about it after the game.

• Advertisement

any of you fine detectives have an updated list of current votes ?

Gimme 15 mins or so and I’ll update it

Advertisement