Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

I arrived over here a few hours ago so after having the usual walk about to take in atmosphere. I spoke to a few who were at the presser and they seem to think Khabib has still quite a way to go, and it seems general consesus , Itll be a push for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Commanchie wrote: »
    I arrived over here a few hours ago so after having the usual walk about to take in atmosphere. I spoke to a few who were at the presser and they seem to think Khabib has still quite a way to go, and it seems general consesus , Itll be a push for him.

People also think mcgreggor did pretty well boxing against Floyd. Just because people say something doesn't mean it's true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

Interesting what conor said to ariel here. apparantly some days after the court case, and how much he dislike khabib...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=207&v=DDwGIRiIZb4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

cliggg wrote: »

Ronaldo make about a Billion from Nike and EA sports.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Do we have insight as to when the fighters will be weighing in? Presume it will be on the ufc youtube channel again?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

pretty good on the mat view of attacks and defence positions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

We all should remember this in manufactured hatred. Khabib gave Artem a slap because he had called him out for missing weight.

How did Mcgregor and his crew access backstage at MSG so easily? you'd almost think it was a setup until Mcgregor threw the Handcart through the window of the bus. It would have been very interesting to hear what Mcgregor had said during questioning while arrested. Maybe why Dana looked so shook up immediately after the attack. The Ufc may have been aware and let the confrontation happen, but Mcgregor as usual stepped of the line and seriously hurt people. If the trolly hadn't of hit the column in the bus, i think he'd be in jail now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

VW 1 wrote: »
    Do we have insight as to when the fighters will be weighing in? Presume it will be on the ufc youtube channel again?
    Ceremonial weigh-ins are on at about 1am Irish time. Not sure what time the early weigh ins are at though. Think about 4 or 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Pighead wrote: »
    Ceremonial weigh-ins are on at about 1am Irish time. Not sure what time the early weigh ins are at though. Think about 4 or 5pm.

I believe Khabib said 9am at the presser last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I believe Khabib said 9am at the presser last night.
    So what time does it start here?

So what time does it start here?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=time+difference+to+las+vegas

Edit: 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 20,529 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

PLOPS wrote: »
    We all should remember this in manufactured hatred. Khabib gave Artem a slap because he had called him out for missing weight.

How did Mcgregor and his crew access backstage at MSG so easily? you'd almost think it was a setup until Mcgregor threw the Handcart through the window of the bus. It would have been very interesting to hear what Mcgregor had said during questioning while arrested. Maybe why Dana looked so shook up immediately after the attack. The Ufc may have been aware and let the confrontation happen, but Mcgregor as usual stepped of the line and seriously hurt people. If the trolly hadn't of hit the column in the bus, i think he'd be in jail now.
    The Maclife guys let him in , they where doing media at the event and open a fire exit ,They got a UFC ban till Conor had a word with Dana

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Love how Dana pretended he couldn't hear the questions about the Jon Jones snitching deal. Funny how McGregor had no problems hearing any questions. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

The Maclife guys let him in , they where doing media at the event and open a fire exit ,They got a UFC ban till Conor had a word with Dana

I know that's what was put out, but surely if you open a fire exit alarms would be screaming. I've been in New York and the security at all attractions is crazy. I just think it sounds too easy for a group of 20+ lads to enter a fire escape and then attack a bus full of fighters and then stroll out the door. Also the pictures they put up of the Mac life lads not to be allowed into the Venue the next day, one of them lads was from Severmma and wasn't even in New york at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Love how Dana pretended he couldn't hear the questions about the Jon Jones snitching deal. Funny how McGregor had no problems hearing any questions. :pac:

He was diagnosed with menieres disease so his hearing is or was pretty bad iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

mailburner wrote: »
    He was diagnosed with menieres disease so his hearing is or was pretty bad iirc

Mini ears disease :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

PLOPS wrote: »
    Also the pictures they put up of the Mac life lads not to be allowed into the Venue the next day, one of them lads was from Severmma and wasn't even in New york at the time.

Sure Roddy threw the chair at the other bus, definitely wasn't Cowley :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

On the topic of the bus attack, IMO it was 100% set up by the UFC, now they didn't expect McG to actually injure someone by throwing the trolley, but they wanted a confrontation, which is why they made sure Khabib would be alone and not with his usual group of guys.

If you were to believe the Mac camera crew just randomly opened a door for them in an enormous building and McG and his crew knew
    exactly which door to stand outside. Even when they are running off there is a security guard standing at the exit to show them where to go to exit.

This is the video which Khabib was referencing when he confronted Artem

https://youtu.be/WYYAfRi7AdU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

JJayoo wrote: »
    On the topic of the bus attack, IMO it was 100% set up by the UFC, now they didn't expect McG to actually injure someone by throwing the trolley, but they wanted a confrontation, which is why they made sure Khabib would be alone and not with his usual group of guys.

If you were to believe the Mac camera crew just randomly opened a door for them in an enormous building and McG and his crew knew
    exactly which door to stand outside. Even when they are running off there is a security guard standing at the exit to show them where to go to exit.

This is the video which Khabib was referencing when he confronted Artem

https://youtu.be/WYYAfRi7AdU

Do you think Khabib and his crew of 10+ would be on the UFC bus with all the other fighters and UFC staff? Of course not. He had Ali and a couple of others with him. This set up nonsense is just plain ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

which is why they made sure Khabib would be alone and not with his usual group of guys.
    There was 7 or 8 fighters on the bus. They were all on their own. They'd need a double decker bring everyone's entourage everywhere.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It was all media promo that escalated and nobody thought there would be stuff thrown at the windows of a bus. Nobody gets access to the fighters that easy at the arena and there is not one door that is not secure.

Also, the amount of camera crews there following McGregor is ridiculous, in the Mac Life footage you can see another 2 crews in the group following him.

Look beside McGregor when he is throwing the hand cart, there is a big securo guy there trying to grab it. The same guy stops him throwing something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Mellor wrote: »
    There was 7 or 8 fighters on the bus. They were all on their own. They'd need a double decker bring everyone's entourage everywhere.

Khabib has said numerous times that when he is doing promo stuff for the UFC he travels with his own guys and their arrange their own transport, just like he did for Michael Johnson fight and Barbozza fight.

Khabib said the UFC told him repeatedly that he could not have his group of guys and Khabib doesn't have a reputation as a liar.

Khabib is on weight at present

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Where did you hear that? its 5.45am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

People project all sorts fo ****e into this stuff.

They certainly do. On both sides. Fans see what they want to see. Haters see what they want to see also.
    One funny moment in the presser I thought was when Dana gave a little pumped speech about how Conor was back! And then the camera panned out showing the empty chair beside him :p

As for Khabib, I like him and hope they both shake hands after the fight, no matter the result, but I do think he was agitated there tonight. Good example of that was when one journo asked him did he think McGrgeor being late was disrespectful and he replied that he wasn't even thinking about him and then five minutes later he highlighted the fact that McGrgeor was 15 minutes late and how disrespectful it was.

I'd say he's finding the weight cut tough. Just didn't look anywhere near as chilled as he did at the first presser. Understandable though.

Agree with all of this.

I am a big Khabib fan. There are lots of things I really like about him as a personality and as a fighter. I would love to think that they both shake hands afterwards, regardless of who wins. But sadly I don't think it will materialise, given what has transpired in the run up.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

I think he genuinely has tinnitus or grommets or similar.

Even post fight media scrums he can't hear stuff, and they're conducted in empty rooms bar the media members

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Khabib said the UFC told him repeatedly that he could not have his group of guys and Khabib doesn't have a reputation as a liar.
    I'd well believed his crew weren't allowed on the bus. Just like everyone else's weren't. And I don't think that's in anyway out of the ordinary.
    Whether Khabib wanted to go elseways and wasn't allowed, who knows.

I'm not saying he's a liar, just presenting the events a certain way to suit his story. It is fight week. Just like the Granddad McGregor Navy story. Embrace the spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,529 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

One think I don't get about Khabib and his AKA friends, 
    He literally hang's around with a terrorist , How are they cool with that as American's , is there something I'm missing ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Commanchie wrote: »
    Where did you hear that? its 5.45am.
    A teammate of his posted it here, it's in Russian but it says he is on weight according to reddit. https://www.instagram.com/p/BojKF6TlVtj/?taken-by=murad_nukhkadiev

Edit: Yep, just google translated it. He says "Alhamdulillah, Dagestan Eagle in weight for 5 hours before weighing. The hardest thing behind, easy victory brother"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement