Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

xtal191 wrote: »
    John Kavanagh will be on Joe Rogan podcast on the 8th

No joints for JK, sober October.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

JJayoo wrote: »
    Who said it was a whiskey ?

Wonder how long until Rogan is trying some on his podcast.

November 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭xtal191

JJayoo wrote: »
    Who said it was a whiskey ?

Wonder how long until Rogan is trying some on his podcast.

Im sure himself an John Kavanagh will be toasting Conors victory on it this Monday
    I don't understand Rogan's popularity at all. I mean he doesn't seem that smart, he's not funny, ever, and he doesn't have any charisma or charm imo.

What am I missing?

I don't find Rogan funny in the slightest but some of his podcasts are great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭xtal191

Forgot about that sober October thing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Effects wrote: »
    Hennessy isn't a whiskey. Can't see the spas who like to be seen clutching a bottle of Henny in a club switching.

They don't care what they're drinking. It's all about the image of it.

If they can start getting rappers and celebrities to have that drink in their videos/Instagram, you can guarantee those people in the club will switch it up right away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Are the ceremonial weigh-ins at 1am lads? Shown on the UFC YouTube?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

To be fair to Rogan, he's more intelligent than people give him credit for..and when he doesn't know something he's inquiring, and asks good questions..
    He fawns over star guests too much. If you listened to his Lance Armstrong one, he was telling everyone for months afterwards how much of a victim he is.

The Kavanagh one will be endless pseudo-intellectual, bro science nonsense. Kavanagh might tell him how much he loves banging his girlfriend about 48474 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭robwen

xtal191 wrote: »
    John Kavanagh will be on Joe Rogan podcast on the 8th

Subject to Conor winning I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I don't understand Rogan's popularity at all. I mean he doesn't seem that smart, he's not funny, ever, and he doesn't have any charisma or charm imo.

What am I missing?

You're right, he has no charm or charisma whatsoever.

He's a terrible, terrible, comedian. Just not a funny person at all and actually seems quite serious. It's mad how he's made any kind of career out of stand up.

Has some interesting topics on his podcast and some good guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭clsmooth

He's a terrible, terrible, comedian. Just not a funny person at all and actually seems quite serious. It's mad how he's made any kind of career out of stand up.

I have to agree on this. Quite like listening to him on the podcast but funny wouldn't be a word I'd use to describe him. Can't imagine his comedy specials being that good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

clsmooth wrote: »
    I have to agree on this. Quite like listening to him on the podcast but funny wouldn't be a word I'd use to describe him. Can't imagine his comedy specials being that good.

Now Brendan Schaub, that's a comedian

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

Agree with you. He said on a recent podcast with fellow "stand up" (what??) Schaub he "knows" he's a good comedian. I had a look at the first few minutes of the latest Netflix show just to remind myself I wasn't crazy. He is awful.

I listen to his podcast on and off depending on the guest but in the hundreds of hours I have heard him he has never made me laugh once.

I don't think many of his fellow comedian guests are funny either so maybe it's a matter of taste or cultural differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

robwen wrote: »
    Subject to Conor winning I'd imagine

Nah. Sure Kavanagh went on Ariel's show the Monday after the Nate loss.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Why all the hate for Joe all of a sudden??

I really like the guy, his philosophy on human health is fantastic, eat, move and be healthy.

I love how if someone on the podcast baffles him, it’s genuine questions he’s asking, as if he wants to learn about the topic he thought he knew about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

eeloe wrote: »
    Why all the hate for Joe all of a sudden??

I really like the guy, his philosophy on human health is fantastic, eat, move and be healthy.

I love how if someone on the podcast baffles him, it’s genuine questions he’s asking, as if he wants to learn about the topic he thought he knew about.

I love Rogan.

Commentary, podcast, stand up.
    Man is a king.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

Joe Rogan can do a good interesting interview. He's the worst comedian in the world ever, hes as funny as cancer. He's very likeable though. Kavanagh will be doing his Mister Miyage impression, boring the **** out of my ears. His whole updating the software to protect the hardware is hilarious considering this time it's been "all out war in the gym". Have to laugh, I'm sure his girlfriend is with him for love, and not the fact who he is (he was her boss) . He's about twice her age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

PLOPS wrote: »
    Have to laugh, I'm sure his girlfriend is with him for love, and not the fact who he is (he was her boss) . He's about twice her age.

I hate people who come on here throwing around disparaging comments and stupid statements such as the above like it was fact. He was certainly not her boss before they hooked up.

Your whole statement just stinks of absolute bitterness and jealousy, or the infamous 'Irish Begrudgery'. Grow up man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Agree with you. He said on a recent podcast with fellow "stand up" (what??) Schaub he "knows" he's a good comedian. I had a look at the first few minutes of the latest Netflix show just to remind myself I wasn't crazy. He is awful.

I listen to his podcast on and off depending on the guest but in the hundreds of hours I have heard him he has never made me laugh once.

I don't think many of his fellow comedian guests are funny either so maybe it's a matter of taste or cultural differences.

Rogan "knows" he's a good comedian does he? Talk about deluded. That's what makes him unlikable. He adores the smell of his own ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Bregrudgery about sums it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭parc

Joe Rogan can do a good interesting interview. He's the worst comedian in the world ever, hes as funny as cancer. He's very likeable though. Kavanagh will be doing his Mister Miyage impression, boring the **** out of my ears. His whole updating the software to protect the hardware is hilarious considering this time it's been "all out war in the gym". Have to laugh, I'm sure his girlfriend is with him for love, and not the fact who he is (he was her boss) . He's about twice her age.
    So salty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Some absolute ass holes here. Hope they dont have tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Rogan "knows" he's a good comedian does he? Talk about deluded. That's what makes him unlikable. He adores the smell of his own ****e.

The man has become a millionaire from being a professional comedian for over twenty five years, how is he deluded about the fact he is a good comedian!?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

VW 1 wrote: »
    The man has become a millionaire from being a professional comedian for over twenty five years, how is he deluded about the fact he is a good comedian!?

ah he's not good at all, funny guy in general and great personality for the tv and pod casts but not a great comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Comedy is incredibly subjective in fairness.

Some of the most successful comedians are in no way funny and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I noticed JK was staying the background this camp.

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/1048350289089064961?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

Whelo79 wrote:
    I hate people who come on here throwing around disparaging comments and stupid statements such as the above like it was fact. He was certainly not her boss before they hooked up.

I'm nearly sure he was her boss, but I could be wrong. One things for sure, he's considerably older than her.

Maybe she is with him for his money or maybe she isn't, unless you know them both personally you can't really comment either way.

edit: Also of course people are jealous of John he is a millionaire, flying on private jets, booming business and living the high life :) Delighted for him btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I'm nearly sure he was her boss, but I could be wrong. One things for sure, he's considerably older than her.

So what?

I don't find Rogan's standup to be funny, not even slightly.

Most comedians - even if they are doing a serious interview - will be at least slightly funny or witty. Rogan...nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've tasted it and it tastes a bit like caramel flavoured piss. Lot of the target audience though are lapping it up. The "I'm a baller " brigade.

Most of the cretins who'll buy a bottle of that stuff won't buy another after this weekend.

That said CmcG as a brand has a massive reach which even the finest whiskey distillers in the world could only dream of, but the people who appreciate a good whiskey won't ever touch the stuff either.

I think he'll do ok form it for awhile, and so will Bushmills.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement