Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    what are the holes in my 'story'. dont think i even told a story. misread the thread earlier. which, when speed reading, is understandable i think. and the thread was derailed for about 15mins

You've misread that post too.

The holes are in Wendy's story, not yours.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Frank WW was found dead in their hospital bed with a note found stuffed under the mattress which reads

"Frank had a close bond to the Seer. As a result of Franks death, The Seer now has 12 hours to live. You must crack the clue to save his life or they will perish : I am Big, but so small. Tall, but rather short. I go away when you run to me and I come back as you give up. What am I? Time is not on your side."

Answer: a mountain

Answer: a hill

Answer: a race

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

As I said before, I'm voting Wendy. Some of her posts just aren't sitting right with me. She's been very defensive and argumentative. I'm not thoroughly convinced by the pill bottles from Jeff.

My other two FFAs are fairly weak reasoning, will most likely change as the game continues.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Kinda leaning towards a vote on Abigail.
    Most of their early posts today were to simply summarise events and appear helpful. It's a ****ty day one vote I'm afraid.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

8:27, you get hospital message.
    Brendan WW wrote: »
    Morning folks. We are in a good place now having the clues solved. Loving the new roles / powers in this game. Gonna make for an interesting game.
    I agree that just because people have solved the clues does not make them a villager. I'm not say it automatically makes them a wolf but this early in the game everyone is still under suspicion - its too early to start clearing people!
    Hey dude are you around?? I am in hospital and could do with your help :mad::mad:

This doesn't seem like villager progression. Maybe a scheme to use the hospital notice was cooked up in the den.

out of the 4 targeted by the sk, you are the only to act in this way.

Why call for healing pre-munch?
    What if you were then munched, or did you know that's not a possibility?

• Advertisement

I cant think of anymore answers. So that's.my suggestions for now with the riddle.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    8:27, you get hospital message.
    1st was 9:15
    2nd was 9:25
    3rd was 9:56

This doesn't seem like villager progression. Maybe a scheme to use the hospital notice was cooked up in the den.

out of the 4 targeted by the sk, you are the only to act in this way.

Why call for healing pre-munch?
    What if you were then munched, or did you know that's not a possibility?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Im voting katie as per my ffa. Tbh i think the other two have very weak reasons and def not enough to vote on them on those alone.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Doris I'm leaning towards you as SK. You mention Frank and then he dies. The OP says SK can't resist boasting about his kills, maybe boasting is as simple as naming someone.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Frank WW was found dead in their hospital bed with a note found stuffed under the mattress which reads

"Frank had a close bond to the Seer. As a result of Franks death, The Seer now has 12 hours to live. You must crack the clue to save his life or they will perish : I am Big, but so small. Tall, but rather short. I go away when you run to me and I come back as you give up. What am I? Time is not on your side."

Answer: Fear?

• Advertisement

Conor WW wrote: »
    Doris I'm leaning towards you as SK. You mention Frank and then he dies. The OP says SK can't resist boasting about his kills, maybe boasting is as simple as naming someone.

Lean away, not me. And your evidence is extremely flimsy.

The "boasting" is the SK leaves a note with each kill. A message to transmit to the village. And with his first note, he utterly tied up the entire village and removed focus from the lynch :o

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Lean away, not me. And your evidence is extremely flimsy.

Yep it is but I've SFA to go on. :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

I'm starting to come around to the clue being a hoax from a wolf or the sk. The phrasing outside the clue isn't great. 'save his life or they will perish'....who is they. He will perish, surely?

It would be an excellent use of a message and may even bag them the seer if the seer reveals before their death.

We can keep guessing but as no confirmation is forthcoming we need to advise the seer to stay hidden at 7am right? Is it worth them coming out before munch to show us one peek? I don't think so.

Writing this now in case I die. I hope I won't but with the vote all messy it could happen.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    As I said before, I'm voting Wendy. Some of her posts just aren't sitting right with me. She's been very defensive and argumentative. I'm not thoroughly convinced by the pill bottles from Jeff.

My other two FFAs are fairly weak reasoning, will most likely change as the game continues.

I tell the village a factual account of what the SK attack was, answer all questions and the answer you come to is lynch me? Are you really not paying attention? When there is no SK Hope Kill tomorrow and there is one on Wednesday I'll be laughing from my grave.

Yep it is but I've SFA to go on. :(

Fair point.

Its as good a reason as any today.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Okay, two tabs open, one to catch up on the day and one here to see new posts. I'm not close to catching up (page 13) so placeholder stands. Forgive me if it's a wrong 'un! :(

Also on the hoax thing. I've googled every combination of those words I can think of and found zilch. So either the mods are doing amazing perfect ungoogle-able riddles or its a fake riddle made of nonsense.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

if i do bite the dust, look at who jumped on the bandwagon. NRV here.

also why did mary say she was dead before announced on thread. still confused about that

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I'm starting to come around to the clue being a hoax from a wolf or the sk. The phrasing outside the clue isn't great. 'save his life or they will perish'....who is they. He will perish, surely?

It would be an excellent use of a message and may even bag them the seer if the seer reveals before their death.

We can keep guessing but as no confirmation is forthcoming we need to advise the seer to stay hidden at 7am right? Is it worth them coming out before munch to show us one peek? I don't think so.

Writing this now in case I die. I hope I won't but with the vote all messy it could happen.

Surely, as with last time, 'they' is the gender neutral pronoun to avoid giving a sex to the seer?

• Advertisement

Liam WW wrote:
    Surely, as with last time, 'they' is the gender neutral pronoun to avoid giving a sex to the seer?

We know the seer is Sherlock is male. Also they say his immediately before in that sentence 'save his life'

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

I would go with this and advise the seer not to panic and come out. If we're wrong then we'll deal with that but there's much more to be gained by staying hidden.

Firstly, why would the mods be posting hoax notes from the the wolves or the sk? I really wouldn't read too much into the he/they thing
    Also on the hoax thing. I've googled every combination of those words I can think of and found zilch. So either the mods are doing amazing perfect ungoogle-able riddles or its a fake riddle made of nonsense.

They could have just changed the words of a riddle or come up with their own.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

also derry saying someone not to take the option. was he ever quizzed on this?

Clodagh WW wrote:
    Firstly, why would the mods be posting hoax notes from the the wolves or the sk? I really wouldn't read too much into the he/they thing

Are you not reading the thread by accident or on principle?

Katie WW wrote: »
    if i do bite the dust, look at who jumped on the bandwagon. NRV here.

also why did mary say she was dead before announced on thread. still confused about that

Did this happen??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Katie WW was lynched.

Vote Results

Katie - Wendy, Gertrude, Brendan, Derry
    Wendy - Clodagh, Abigail, Eva
    Abigail - Liam, Steve
    Brendan - Katie, Isla
    Clodagh - Desmond, Tegan
    Desmond - Barbara, Doris
    Doris - Oisin, Conor
    Holly - 2 Penalty Votes
    Orla - Nigel, Winifred
    Conor - Gabriel
    Derry - Riona
    Eva - Orla

Did not vote - Holly

Wendy WW wrote: »

I tell the village a factual account of what the SK attack was, answer all questions and the answer you come to is lynch me? Are you really not paying attention? When there is no SK Hope Kill tomorrow and there is one on Wednesday I'll be laughing from my grave.

Oh I'm paying plenty of attention to you Wendy. You're very very defensive. Care to explain why?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Stop revealing yourselves as NRVs... jesus people.

Giving the wolves/SK a list to narrow down.

• Advertisement

The SK "boasts" about his kills.

So the theory is his boasts are in the form of notes he leaves on his victims. Even ignoring the riddle, look at the first part of the post when Frank died.

So the first part is in flavour, stays in character to the game.

And then the note talks about "the seer". Why would a note "from the mods" be so blunt as to say "The Seer", not even Sherlock but the seer. No flowery language to it.

Advertisement