Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Clodagh WW wrote:
    Firstly, why would the mods be posting hoax notes from the the wolves or the sk? I really wouldn't read too much into the he/they thing

Are you not reading the thread by accident or on principle?

I am reading the thread and I asked a question. Your theory doesn't make sense to me. Got your back up much?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

I just think that the mods having declared flavour was done, and then we get a flavourfull message....and that message hugely throws us off the vote.....and then the lynch has no flavour again......and the message was a dogs dinner....and the sk having some kind of bragging mechanic....too many things stacking up against that message.

Derry WW wrote: »
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Firstly, why would the mods be posting hoax notes from the the wolves or the sk? I really wouldn't read too much into the he/they thing

The SK "boasts" about his kills.

So the theory is his boasts are in the form of notes he leaves on his victims. Even ignoring the riddle, look at the first part of the post when Frank died.
    WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Frank WW was found dead in their hospital bed with a note found stuffed under the mattress which reads

"Frank had a close bond to the Seer. As a result of Franks death, The Seer now has 12 hours to live. You must crack the clue to save his life or they will perish : I am Big, but so small. Tall, but rather short. I go away when you run to me and I come back as you give up. What am I? Time is not on your side."

So the first part is in flavour, stays in character to the game.

And then the note talks about "the seer". Why would a note "from the mods" be so blunt as to say "The Seer", not even Sherlock but the seer. No flowery language to it.

Thanks!

Jeez, was asking for an explanation really that big of a deal that I got jumped on for it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    I tell the village a factual account of what the SK attack was, answer all questions and the answer you come to is lynch me? Are you really not paying attention? When there is no SK Hope Kill tomorrow and there is one on Wednesday I'll be laughing from my grave.

Wendy, a summary using the words 'factual account' should be fact checked.
    Jeff Hope is a member of the werewolves of london.

The SK is smith.

Now, i have to add this to my notes, deliberately derping for one option and just derping for the other.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Okay, two tabs open, one to catch up on the day and one here to see new posts. I'm not close to catching up (page 13) so placeholder stands. Forgive me if it's a wrong 'un! :(

That reads really disingenuous.

• Advertisement

Clodagh WW wrote:
    Jeez, was asking for an explanation really that big of a deal that I got jumped on for it?

This has all been explained on thread before. Hence why I asked about you not reading the thread

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

I cant see the connection of bragging about his kills.

How do we know this is the SK kill d
    For sure?

Franks dead and connected to the seer some how. What character is Sherlock linked to in such a way. A hidden role?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Tegan WW wrote: »

For sure?

Franks dead and connected to the seer some how. What character is Sherlock linked to in such a way. A hidden role?

Well, from my vague, vague knowledge, Mrs Hudson.

Isn't she a surrogate mum/housekeeper?

I hadn't thought about the no flavour thing... Mind you I dunno if a note with a riddle would count as flavour but I take your point.

I'm all on board with the seer staying hidden btw. Absolutely no point in coming forward

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Question if it was the SK who killed Frank..... why did he choose Frank

If it was the SK, by the lack of Bragging, who was it and again why Frank.

• Advertisement

For sure?

When has the seer of a game ever been also a lover?

Hate to side with Orla and Gab, but, i feel its a hoax too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

For sure?

1 of the four hospitalized payers was killed. We know from the OP that the hospital is the SK's playground. While we don't know HOW we got infected, we can reasonable assume the SK offed us.

The "bragging" is leaving a note on the body. In this case, the note was...

""Frank had a close bond to the Seer. As a result of Franks death, The Seer now has 12 hours to live. You must crack the clue to save his life or they will perish : I am Big, but so small. Tall, but rather short. I go away when you run to me and I come back as you give up. What am I? Time is not on your side.""

My guess is Frank wasn't actually tied to the seer; its just the SK trying to trick the seer into revealing.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Question if it was the SK who killed Frank..... why did he choose Frank

If it was the SK, by the lack of Bragging, who was it and again why Frank.

Frank was a low poster, maybe the SK figured they'd take a shot and see if they could mail an RV or stealth wolf trying to hide?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Youse didn't kill Orla? Or Desmond?

I give up.

I'll try again tomorrow.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

So are we giving up trying to answer or do we hedge our bets and post a guess if we think we have it?

Youse didn't kill Orla? Or Desmond?

I give up.

I'll try again tomorrow.

I think we can all agree that hoax or not, order is the correct answer :D

Conor WW wrote:
    So are we giving up trying to answer or do we hedge our bets and post a guess if we think we have it?

May as well keep guessing if you want.

But there have been other questions around Frank that have been raised that might warrant further discussion as well.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    That reads really disingenuous.

How so?

(Page 16, fwiw)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    8:27, you get hospital message.

This doesn't seem like villager progression. Maybe a scheme to use the hospital notice was cooked up in the den.

out of the 4 targeted by the sk, you are the only to act in this way.

Why call for healing pre-munch?
    What if you were then munched, or did you know that's not a possibility?

I asked to be healed as I thought I was gonna be killed by the SK due to their playground being the hospital.

• Advertisement

Conor WW wrote: »

If you think it is solvable and you've had a eureka moment then definitely post the answer.

I'm putting this out there now in case I die in the morning. I think dessie is full of ****. I've been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt because he seemed to be analytical and I value that in players, but his play has been all over the shop and he seems determined to undermine planning and coordination in favour of avoiding questions and throwing shade.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with wini.

I'm putting this out there now in case I die in the morning. I think dessie is full of ****. I've been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt because he seemed to be analytical and I value that in players, but his play has been all over the shop and he seems determined to undermine planning and coordination in favour of avoiding questions and throwing shade.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with wini.

fwiw, i think Gabriel is full of **** too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    fwiw, i think Gabriel is full of **** too.

Man, I had you leaning good but that's a dreadful response....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    How so?

(Page 16, fwiw)

"I hope I'm not wrong"

"Please dont hate me"

"maybe if I beg hard enough, you wont see me for the big savage wolf that I am"

"sad face"

Is how i read your post

We have two or three opinions on the seer staying hidden no matter what. Anyone else wanna weigh in?

Isla WW wrote: »
    "I hope I'm not wrong"

"Please dont hate me"

"maybe if I beg hard enough, you wont see me for the big savage wolf that I am"

"sad face"

Is how i read your post

Trying to distract from your own low post count?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Stay hidden. Way too early to come out.

We have two or three opinions on the seer staying hidden no matter what. Anyone else wanna weigh in?

I thought it would have been self evident from me calling bull on the SK's fakenews note.

No way should seer come out.

• Advertisement

I'm all for the seer staying hidden. Ideally they'll have been dropping hints or told us through their FFA what they know. Having the seer reveal isn't going to save them, it would only help the wolves and SK.

Advertisement