Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime (with 2-day priority shipping) now available in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Once you have your student account up and running the code student15 is still valid until the 23rd
    £15 off a £60 spend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

The_B_Man wrote: »
    The music and video apps are watered down. Even more so in Ireland.

I haven't figured it out myself, on my Samsung smart TV, but if u manage to get the UK prime video working, it'll at least be worth it.

Can confirm that, uk prime video works on my Samsung smart tv, can’t check the url now but you need to verify with code, primevideo.com/mytv something like that and boom.

But I found quality is very poor compared to Netflix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

I'm loving the no vat charges now.. they were a killer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

stesaurus wrote: »
    Once you have your student account up and running the code student15 is still valid until the 23rd
    £15 off a £60 spend

Is that off anything in basket? Is it once off or multiple use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

How did this happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Can you pm me the nus website you used to register! The one I tried is asking for Captcha but it won't let me see it.

Same here cannoty get past the captcha - error all the time, no adblocker or web protectrioin on - Edge and Chrome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Same here cannoty get past the captcha - error all the time, no adblocker or web protectrioin on - Edge and Chrome!

Got through it via get nus card link not sign up link on NUS website

Screenshot_20180720-080601.jpg
    cronos wrote:
    How did this happen?

Not sure maybe cos I registered with a UK address

Also attached image of a order before I signed up to prime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

You’re still paying VAT if you’re in Ireland, and at a higher rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭TimHorton

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Yes, and I bought one on UK GoGroppie for 4 quid

I bought no course , Just choose ecareers on the NUS Website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

Is it just a screenshot of the Account tab in App that is needed for Amazon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

leex wrote: »
    Is it just a screenshot of the Account tab in App that is needed for Amazon?

Yes, that worked for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

My Airfryer has been with the iparcel courier since Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,891 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I want to thank the OP I can't find them in the thread for explaining how to get an NUS card and Student Prime.

A great bargain I must say and a very easy set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

Update on the i-parcel thing for me.

I've had two deliveries with prime that came with UPS i-Parcel and both were here one day after dispatch, surprisingly. I don't know which courier is delivering them, since they were left outside; but I don't think it was Fastway, since no Fastway label was covering the original i-parcel one.

Also, I did notice the tracking number is different from the slower i-Parcel deliveries, so I think prime it's shipping with some faster offering from UPS

• Advertisement

Xzen wrote:
    I've had two deliveries with prime that came with UPS i-Parcel and both were here one day after dispatch, surprisingly. I don't know which courier is delivering them, since they were left outside; but I don't think it was Fastway, since no Fastway label was covering the original i-parcel one.

For me there is no fastway label ever only iparcel even though fastway deliver each time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,008 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Any way to get this 25% discount promo without physically going North to a shop?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/browse/ref=gbps_img_s-4_07e4_a8822f04?node=13956419031

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

zell12 wrote: »
    Any way to get this 25% discount promo without physically going North to a shop?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/browse/ref=gbps_img_s-4_07e4_a8822f04?node=13956419031

Try an Argos or Boots, they have ePay. But I doubt it works here. Handy if you'll happen to be in UK before August though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Sorry if this has been answered already, but how do you confirm the student status with Amazon? My card hasn't arrived yet. What information did you provide for them as proof? I signed up for the Office course, same as the op who mentioned this first.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Email a screenshot of the 'account' section of the app to amazon-student-verification@amazon.co.uk

Replied to me within 5 mins and all set up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    You’re still paying VAT if you’re in Ireland, and at a higher rate.
    Yep, I just verified that. Prime with UK billing address, but when I chose ROI as the delivery location prices at the checkout go up as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,935 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Folks, Has anyone managed to get Prime Music UK version working?

My Prime video is set to UK, and runs fine.
    However when I open up Prime Music it asks for my UK card and UK address.
    I've entered my "UK" address and the card I have associated with it and every time it fails to validate.

Anyone encountered similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭davegilly

banie01 wrote: »

I've entered my "UK" address and the card I have associated with it and every time it fails to validate.

I have it working, I used the PM address and it worked fine. Library is pretty small though - you need to fork out 7.99 a month to get the full library like Spotify

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Does anyone else’s NUS I’d on the app have no expiration date on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Does anyone else’s NUS I’d on the app have no expiration date on it?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

What mobile number did people use for the NUS card sign up? Not accepting my Irish one

I left it blank

On a side note, can you use the nus card on Irish rail and bus reann??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

xtal191 wrote: »
    What mobile number did people use for the NUS card sign up? Not accepting my Irish one

you don't need to enter one. just remove it

• Advertisement

With the physical nus card that they are sending to my pw wizard address is there really any need for it?

Can I just tell pw it must be spam and I don't want it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

RHJ wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Yes, same happened to me. I just replied to the email they sent and they signed me up manually.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

do i need to change my home address to a UK one(parcel motel) and then I can still get the prime delivery's to my IE address?

Lenny wrote: »
    do i need to change my home address to a UK one(parcel motel) and then I can still get the prime delivery's to my IE address?

yes and yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

For no reason I complained on support chat about the delay emails I got. Gave me a £8 credit.

Really I understand that prime day may have caused temp delays but a free is free!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Blazer wrote: »
    yes and yes.

thanks that was very easy, just emailed a photo of my student card & i have the prime,
    I just did a test order on a deal of the day(my default address is the parcel motel) and the item on the deal of the day is £14.99, when i change my irish address it goes to £16.99, why is it dearer to Irish customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Lenny wrote: »
    thanks that was very easy, just emailed a photo of my student card & i have the prime,
    I just did a test order on a deal of the day(my default address is the parcel motel) and the item on the deal of the day is £14.99, when i change my irish address it goes to £16.99, why is it dearer to Irish customers

Irish VAT is higher than the UK.

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    sorry my bad, i misread the 2nd price, i thought it went from 13.99 to 16.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    thought the difference was only 2 or 3 % though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

glic83 wrote: »
    thought the difference was only 2 or 3 % though?

I didn't do the math so you could be right. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

banie01 wrote: »

I have the same, I couldn't get it working.
    Got on to support and they said the card needs to be issued from a UK bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I was onto Live Chat this morning due to slow delivery for Kindle I bought on Prime Day. An additional free month of Prime added to my account :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I was onto Live Chat this morning due to slow delivery for Kindle I bought on Prime Day. An additional free month of Prime added to my account :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Shaner125 wrote: »
    Just wanted to follow up on what people were saying in the thread previously, it's very easy for anybody to avail of the student prime deal, giving 6 months free prime then £39/yr after. You just need to purchase a cheap online course (I got an introductory microsoft office course for £4 with e-careers off a coupon website). Register with the online course, then sign up for an NUS extra card using PM address as home address, you can select how long your course is, I chose 3 years haha, you can take a quick snap with your phone for the photograph. Once your NUS card arrives you can go to the section on amazon for student prime without a .gov address and send them a photo of your NUS card and course acceptance email. They activated my prime 5 minutes later.

So 4 pounds for the course and 32 pounds for the NUS card? unless I am missing a way to get the NUS card for free or for cheaper?

• Advertisement

mystic86 wrote:
    So 4 pounds for the course and 32 pounds for the NUS card? so it is basically working out 6 months for the price of 1, rather than 6 months for free... unless I am missing a way to get the NUS card for free or for cheaper?

You don't need to pay for course and just pick one year card for 12 pounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

You don't need to pay for course and just pick one year card for 12 pounds

sorry, corrected my own post above, as 39 pounds is the price per year and that is the student price... so 12 pounds for 6 months instead of 48 pounds, right? what course did you sign up to for free that worked with the NUS thing? thanks

mystic86 wrote: »
    sorry, corrected my own post above, as 39 pounds is the price per year and that is the student price... so 12 pounds for 6 months instead of 48 pounds, right? what course did you sign up to for free that worked with the NUS thing? thanks

I think we need to put this into points so people can follow (amazon part is taken from a post that balhshin put up)
    a) You do not need to sign upto a course in order to get a NUS card..just simply select ecareers on the NUS site and any course.

so
    1. Go to the NUS site, https://www.nus.org.uk/en/nus-extra/
    2. Select at the top in the pink banner "Buy your NUS card now"
    3. Enter your email address (any email address you have)
    4. In place of study enter "ecareers"
    5. Next page just pick any course (I select BSC in Computer Science) and said it was a 5 year course
    6. On the next page (purchasing page) ensure you've only selected the NUS card for 1 year (you don't need 3 years) so you're only paying the £12 option.
    7. Attach a picture and click continue etc until you get the page to enter your personal details
    8. Enter your name, dob, gender etc and create a student password.
    9. For address make sure you use either your DPD/Parcel Motel UK address
    10. Do not enter a mobile number as it doesn't accept irish numbers.
    11. Fill out remainder of the form and pay (comes to around €15)
    12. Download the NUS app on ios/android and take a screenshot of the account page which has your card serial number and photo on it.

Changing your amazon account to a student version

If you already have your prime account created and changed to the UK
    send an email from the email address linked to your amazon account to the following "amazon-student-verification@amazon.co.uk".
    Don't forget to attach the screenshot of your NUS card,

I literally wrote the following:

"Hi,
    I would like to change my prime account (xxxxxxx@gmail.com) to a Prime Student account if possible please? I have attached a screenshot of my NUS Extra Card details for verification."

You will receipt an email shortly afterwards and it will confirm your account has changed or to sign into the link provided to link your account.
    I've seen two versions of the email sent.
    I know if you use the template above without mentioning your course expiry it will allow you to select the end date (max 2023) when you go to link your amazon account to student prime)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

So I have 3 items on the way from Prime day. 1 with I-parcel and 2 with An Post.

Alll delivered to my work address.

Get a message on my phone at lunchtime to say the two items were out for delivery today and left a mobile number to call if I wouldn’t be in. Being a Saturday I’m not in work, the place is closed so I rang....and rang...,and rang but the calls weren’t answered. Tried to send a t st message but the number won’t accept messages.

Way to go An Post. Why send me the number if no one is going to bloody pick up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Pussyhands wrote: »
    How is this a bargain???
    I'm with you.
    It's not.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement