Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,088 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

leduigs wrote: »
    I've used both for a while now and I always try and track it myself in a spreadsheet. There's no real way. Couple of very handy apps for also keeping your portfolio and then the prices show in euro. Can't remember the one I used to have (deleted it cause I just kept watching it) but Google it. It's handy can select the exchange you want the euro price on. It was called coin blocks or something like that.

cointracking.info is excellent for the first 200 trades.

You can create multiple accounts and split your trades across them if you have more than 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Did anyone take advantage of the dip to reduce their average coin cost?
    I sold out completely of my original holdings at near peak (was lucky enough to get in at 0.20c)
    I started buying back in at 1.35 and made a couple of more buys at 65c and 52c to reduce my overall cost per coin to @87c.

I am hopeful of growth past this and indeed my original aim when buying was 1.85 by Dec 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Bit of life in it today.

TBH I'd sooner some slow and steady gains instead of double digit increases each day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭garrettod

will56 wrote: »
    ....TBH I'd sooner some slow and steady gains instead of double digit increases each day

Agreed.

Particularly when the decreases come just as quick and heavy ;)

Thanks,

G.

Is it the Indian exchange news thats driving todays increase ?

• Advertisement

XRP just hit $1 on Binance for the first time since the crash.

That's a great short-term return for any daytraders who got in at the 55-58c bottom just a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Speculator

There are rumours that it may be listed on Coinbase soon!

Speculator wrote: »
    There are rumours that it may be listed on Coinbase soon!

Has that not been doing the rounds for a while now or has some new news leaked ?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Has that not been doing the rounds for a while now or has some new news leaked ?

Yeah I'd love to see a source for this. The Coinbase rumour was going around about lots of cryptos and the only reason XRP was favourite was because it was briefly 2nd in market cap. I think they will add more than one this year but as of now they're denying anything specific unless there's been recent news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

They've just tweeted a pilot now being rolled out for Western Union transactions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Yeah nice steady climb for it from that news, $1.13 now up from $1.07 at the time of the announcement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

At least they were more honest with thos tweet than the moneygram one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭endainoz

Anyone use IQ option for trading?

At least they were more honest with thos tweet than the moneygram one

You've got to hand it to their marketing dept but.

They've definitely got their finger on the pulse.

The MoneyGram tweet was within an hour of the bleed-out beginning, so the timing I reckon was to try stem it.

The Western Union tweet again right after the market shows some recovery.

I'd say they have news and announcements in storage and will release when suits.

Revolut !!...........

Capture123.jpg

This is gonna make it so much easier for 100's of thousand to buy XRP

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Revolut !!...........

Capture123.jpg

This is gonna make it so much easier for 100's of thousand to buy XRP

I'm not seeing Ripple in my Revolut app :confused:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'm not seeing Ripple in my Revolut app :confused:

https://twitter.com/RevolutApp/status/964520995309617152

Excellent news. Will probably put €100 on ripple now as well after doing the same with Litecoin earlier in the week.

I've unlocked Crypto on Revolut, and I'm not using it to convert my "loose change" as it were into Crypto to earn a bit of interest.

I wold imagine I won't be the only one doing this and it could be seen by lots more small small investor as a gateway to Crypto

I've unlocked Crypto on Revolut, and I'm not using it to convert my "loose change" as it were into Crypto to earn a bit of interest.

I wold imagine I won't be the only one doing this and it could be seen by lots more small small investor as a gateway to Crypto

I'm going to buy €100 of each Crypto Revolut offer and will sit on it. If it goes belly up I'm down a few hundred, if it goes well I'm up a few hundred.

• Advertisement

Revolut is not the cheapest way of getting your hands on crypto lads.

Revolut is not the cheapest way of getting your hands on crypto lads.

I know but it's by far the handiest.

100%

Definitely
    I have bought on exchanges but since Revolut doesn't have a minimum order I'm thnking of using it like the Robinhood app - buy up some coins with "change" and earn a few extra euro on it.
    Ex: Used €10 to buy LTC a couple of days ago, I now have €14 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭endainoz

Do you have to join premium to be able to buy crypto in this? Sorry folks im very new to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

endainoz wrote: »
    Do you have to join premium to be able to buy crypto in this? Sorry folks im very new to this.

No, but you have to get the feature unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

endainoz wrote: »

Don’t have an account but I had a look on my girlfriend’s one yesterday and it seems like you either need a premium account or to refer 3 people to Revolut.

If says it will ne available to everyone in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

What fees are they no charging, or are they just setting their own price?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

There been a lot of good news stories about Ripple in the past month or 2 in terms of technology trial/adoption by financial institutions (including some using XRP) but the value of the token as remained flat or slightly going down as opposed to others which saw a bit of a recovery.

What's people view on this?
    - The value of the token is completely disconnected from the success of the company?
    - Those announcements are not that significant and too overhyped?
    - The token is already overvalued and good news stories are just enough to keep to afloat?
    - The potential is still being overlooked and the value will rise as more announcements come?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Bob24 wrote: »
    There been a lot of good news stories about Ripple in the past month or 2 in terms of technology trial/adoption by financial institutions (including some using XRP) but the value of the token as remained flat or slightly going down as opposed to others which saw a bit of a recovery.

What's people view on this?
    - The value of the token is completely disconnected from the success of the company?
    - Those announcements are not that significant and too overhyped?
    - The token is already overvalued and good news stories are just enough to keep to afloat?
    - The potential is still being overlooked and the value will rise as more announcements come?

I would think it is overvalued. Compare the market cap of XRP to that of established non-crypto companies, and it is apparent.

Advertisement