Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Ripple team are coming to Europe, Amsterdam, Dublin and London sometime in early June... Might be of interest to some...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/8lu88y/community_meet_ups_in_europe/?utm_source=reddit-android

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Anyone buy today on Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Search for two things one Ellen and ripple... Massive pr... she has 70 million + followers on Twitter... .

Wow! Even Ellen didn't seem like she was expecting that. Lol. She didn't seem to know about them either. Onwards and upwards for Ripple. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭garrettod

The latest from Ripple Insights

Anyone interested in receiving this into their mailbox can subscribe on the Ripple website - personally, I find it quite good.

Thanks,

G.

Anyone going to the Ripple meet up in Dublin Monday evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dodgystats

Anyone going to the Ripple meet up in Dublin Monday evening?

Do you have a link to the meetup?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

Just wondering where you guys think is the best and safest place to buy ripple?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Kraken is the easiest option.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

grindle wrote: »
    Kraken is the easiest option.

Yes that or Bitstamp (which besides Ripple has less other crypto currencies but has a very good reputation and is based/regulated in the EU).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭PopTarts

It’s being hit today :o

• Advertisement

PopTarts wrote: »
    It’s being hit today :o

Yep good time to buy! Unfortunately I cannot as I have a lot stuck in allready.

Could someone give me the procedure for depositing euros to your account with Kraken. Do I just ring my bank and say I’d like X amount send to this IBAN along with this reference code? And then how long does it take to be processed?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

Could someone give me the procedure for depositing euros to your account with Kraken. Do I just ring my bank and say I’d like X amount send to this IBAN along with this reference code? And then how long does it take to be processed?

If you have online banking, it's easy enough to set up a new SEPA transfer to the Kraken IBAN, including the Reference number as indicated. I haven't had to call them, but I'm sure it is the same information that you will be giving.

Usually takes 2-3 days for mine, but that prob depends on who you bank with (i.e. are they a clearing bank here, BOI & AIB).

dodgystats wrote: »
    Do you have a link to the meetup?

Damn it, I had been refreshing this but somehow it didn't load and didn't see your message. Sorry about that. :(

How long will Kraken take to process my money transfer and deposit the money in my account

My money has left my own account but isnt appearing on kraken . Should i be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My money has left my own account but isnt appearing on kraken . Should i be worried?

It can take up to 48hrs for the transfer from an Irish account to appear in Kraken.
    I used to use my Revolut to transfer as it always appeared on Kraken quicker but thats no longer an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

As someone already posted above, depending on your bank it can take up to 2 or 3 days for the transfer to go through

I'm with ulster Bank and anytime I transferred on a Friday, it didn't show up on Kraken until after the weekend on the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Depends on how quickly your bank processes outgoing SEPA transfers and how quickly Kraken processes incoming transactions. My experience with Bitstamp is that the money appears in the afternoon for an early morning transfer or the next working day otherwise. But could be 2 or 3 days depending on Kraken and your bank, nothing to worry about.

Anyone buying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Anyone buying?

Bought some over the weekend when it was about 45c

Decent price right now too. 39c :)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

You can buy xrp in the revolut app.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Has anyone got an answer other than imminent as to when the SEC decision on whether XRP is a security or not is likely to be made public. Furthermore, to the less educated on all things crypto what is the likely impact short and long term for either decision ?
    Is it advisable to buy Xrp now or hold off ?

Has anyone got an answer other than imminent as to when the SEC decision on whether XRP is a security or not is likely to be made public. Furthermore, to the less educated on all things crypto what is the likely impact short and long term for either decision ?

millhouse wrote: »

No dates yet and I've searched everywhere I certainly wouldn't be buying any yet until some decision is made.

endainoz wrote: »

What's that got to do with Ripple?

If you got in now and the Sec decision was positive i assume the price would rise. Is it worth taking the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

millhouse wrote: »
    Is it worth taking the chance.

If you're comfortable taking the risk while it's just as likely they're negative and the price halves or more over the coming months. Is that a chance worth taking to you? It's a very personal decision

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    If you're comfortable taking the risk while it's just as likely they're negative and the price halves or more over the coming months. Is that a chance worth taking to you? It's a very personal decision

Yep if you have money to throw at it that you would not miss then go for it! I would love to know a timeframe for the SEC decision though considering it was 2.90 earlier in the year.

Advertisement