Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭garrettod

TheSheriff wrote: »
    €0.95 now on kraken. **Shudder**

I'm not sure what made me shudder more, the price or the mere mention of Kraken ;):o

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Were coming back from the grave

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    I been trading for the last two years and have my sources, do you have to have certain qualifications to post here?

Haha sources? You aren't trading equities pal.....

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

We're back above $1.50 :)

Could it take a run at $2 when the yanks wake up? I think it might go close.

There's a definite positive turn in all crypto in the last 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Did I miss some news or is this just a natural bounce of the bottom ?
    Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, just trying to educate myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

will56 wrote: »
    Did I miss some news or is this just a natural bounce of the bottom ?
    Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, just trying to educate myself

Things just found a stable bottom so the jittery money is coming back in I would say. I can see there being another couple of wobbles in the coming days if a few reds appear but the worst of it is over I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

benjamin d wrote: »
    Things just found a stable bottom so the jittery money is coming back in I would say.
    I'd imagine the last few days has seen a few unstable bottoms.

DANNY2014 wrote: »

Ah, that seems positive then.

Kicking myself for not selling near the top. I'd have almost tripled my holding.
    Hindsight is 20/20 and all that :rolleyes:

will56 wrote: »
    Ah, that seems positive then.

Kicking myself for not selling near the top. I'd have almost tripled my holding.
    Hindsight is 20/20 and all that :rolleyes:

It could of gone either way... Sell what you presume is ath and then it goes higher and You'd be kicking yourself... Hodl and when your sell price comes in sell a percentage of holdings...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Yeah, but I think the reality is most people who are here arent REALLY prepared to lose this money.

They got in after hearing about the huge rise of Bitcoin, and for a few days there over xmas Ripple looked like the next gravy train. Alot of people (including myself got onboard around the 50-80c mark, then another huge wave at the 1.50e mark).

IMO, I think if people are in the red already they may as well hold (unless its life changing money). If you got in at 0.25C tough I would sell, worst case keep an eye on the market overnight.

SOME PROFIT is better than NO PROFIT

Perhaps you're in the wrong game.

Why did you buy in the first place?
    Did you have a plan to hold long or simply double your money?

Because you probably did both if you didn't get emotional.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Do Ripple publicly disclose exactly how much XRP they themselves have spent each month (out of the escrow)?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fakent.ie

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Do Ripple publicly disclose exactly how much XRP they themselves have spent each month (out of the escrow)?
    Yes you can find it online easily

Q4 reports just out and announcement of two new global payment providers...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Anyone got any positive news for us ripple fans. Hovering around €0.98c , if it can break through the €1 and $1.25 threshold we might see action. Brad needs to start tweeting. Crypto prices in general has been quiet over the past few days.

Anyone got any positive news for us ripple fans. Hovering around €0.98c , if it can break through the €1 and $1.25 threshold we might see action. Brad needs to start tweeting. Crypto prices in general has been quiet over the past few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

millhouse wrote: »
    Brad needs to start tweeting .

Hoping the ceo of a company makes a tweet to help increase the price of your coin is an awful way to invest. The whitepaper alone should be why you invested and "the tweets" thereafter are just part of the fun or watching it go up.

Hodl is a term that actually was put out for a reason. Have faith or don't invest in crypto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Don’t think it’s any worse than believing that the value of these coins and the company behind them has any grounding in reality based on badly-written whitepapers, pump and dump scams, and blind hysteria.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Don’t think it’s any worse than believing that the value of these coins and the company behind them has any grounding in reality based on badly-written whitepapers, pump and dump scams, and blind hysteria.

You're a bit early. There was no crash today.

Lifeandtimes: Get over yourself for crying out loud. The overwhelming majority of people on this thread and involved in crypto are here to make money . Fact. If you take comfort in believing your own hype about white papers and other such B.S. best of luck to you . I've said it before , would you give up the profits for the promised land of decentralization and getting one over on the establishment. I think we all know the answer .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭banie01

HThe whitepaper alone should be why you invested and "the tweets" thereafter are just part of the fun or watching it go up.

The irony of someone who has been defending TRON specifying the quality of the Whitepaper as a factor in a buy decision is pretty laughable.

Re: Ripple what I agree with lifeandtimes with on this one is that it is a long termer.
    It got swept up in a bit of mania over late December/Early Jan as lots of other coins did, but it is a usable tech with defined and expanding use cases.
    Ideally the XRP tiken would be adopted by banks, which at the moment dowsnt seem likely. but as a means of rapid peer to peer payment it is a useful tiken.
    I originally bought in at 0.20c with an aim of @1.80 long term, I sold out at near peak and I bought back in at 1.35 for my long term hold.
    Still expect it to get back to 1.80 by mid year.

Lifeandtimes: are you not the very person on another thread on this very site urging Brad to pop out a few tweets . Thats a bit Hypocryptocal !

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cryptonovice

hey folks,

Just wondering is anyone here on Binance. I have a coinbase account where I bought ETH and sent to Binance to swap for other coins like Ripple and others. What I am wondering is, is there anywhere I can get the euro value of the coin I bought on Binance at the time of the swap? Or would I just have to go somewhere like coinmarketcap to get the value of the coin on that particular day (averaged).
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭leduigs

hey folks,

Just wondering is anyone here on Binance. I have a coinbase account where I bought ETH and sent to Binance to swap for other coins like Ripple and others. What I am wondering is, is there anywhere I can get the euro value of the coin I bought on Binance at the time of the swap? Or would I just have to go somewhere like coinmarketcap to get the value of the coin on that particular day (averaged).

Thanks in advance

I've used both for a while now and I always try and track it myself in a spreadsheet. There's no real way. Couple of very handy apps for also keeping your portfolio and then the prices show in euro. Can't remember the one I used to have (deleted it cause I just kept watching it) but Google it. It's handy can select the exchange you want the euro price on. It was called coin blocks or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭leduigs

hey folks,

Thanks in advance

I've used both for a while now and I always try and track it myself in a spreadsheet. There's no real way. Couple of very handy apps for also keeping your portfolio and then the prices show in euro. Can't remember the one I used to have (deleted it cause I just kept watching it) but Google it. It's handy can select the exchange you want the euro price on. It was called coin blocks or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cryptonovice

leduigs wrote: »

Sound thanks alot

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭crytoadvice

hey folks,

Thanks in advance
    Is this what you mean. Scroll down to see a table of the different exchanges and their Euro price. If it is what you want you can import these tables into Excel using Power Query(Get and Transform)
    https://www.investing.com/currencies/xrp-eur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭garrettod

millhouse wrote: »

Hi,

If you are after some regular news on whats going on at Ripple, I find their newsletter is quite informative. You can subscribe via their website.

As for the current XRP price :o

Thanks,

G.

Advertisement