Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

I would think it is overvalued. Compare the market cap of XRP to that of established non-crypto companies, and it is apparent.

Agreed

Haven't been over to Reddit in a while....

I wonder are people still asking "When will Ripple hit $100, when can I put in a pre order on a LAMBO"

I deal with Ripple in €, hoping for a €1.00 per XRP price point to sell some.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Bob24 wrote: »
    There been a lot of good news stories about Ripple in the past month or 2 in terms of technology trial/adoption by financial institutions (including some using XRP) but the value of the token as remained flat or slightly going down as opposed to others which saw a bit of a recovery.

What's people view on this?
    - The value of the token is completely disconnected from the success of the company?
    - Those announcements are not that significant and too overhyped?
    - The token is already overvalued and good news stories are just enough to keep to afloat?
    - The potential is still being overlooked and the value will rise as more announcements come?

I think that xrp could be a sleeping giant. The amount of main stream companies involved in ripple and xcurrent is crazy at the moment.
    Far more than any other crypto based company.
    However we still are taking a gamble with xrp as we need these companies to move onto xrapid. The switch from xcurrent to xrapid is a very easy one to do for companies which is a positive. This along with quicker transactions and a 40% cost reduction for the use of xrp could be a major factor in demand for the xrp token too. Ripple testing is only in its infancy stage at the minute so I personally would recommend holding for another couple of months to see how much more progress can be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Agreed

Haven't been over to Reddit in a while....

I wonder are people still asking "When will Ripple hit $100, when can I put in a pre order on a LAMBO"

I deal with Ripple in €, hoping for a €1.00 per XRP price point to sell some.

I bought in around €0.18 in November. Sold the a majority at €2.90. I would take anything over €1.50 pending genuine big news.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

20% gain since yesterday evening, something might be happenning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

More coinbase rumours. This is the source of it.

• Advertisement

Shiny wrote: »
    More coinbase rumours. This is the source of it.

Yes saw that. Also apparently a lot of the volume is coming from Asian exchanges - maybe people there getting to know the Ripple name as Japanese and Korean banks have been making announcements about using it in the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

If they do add coinbase what do we expect? Does coinbase really influence any coin at all or it it just a matter that people will chose the cheapest coin to go from fiat to crypto?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,611 ✭✭✭✭banie01

it it just a matter that people will chose the cheapest coin to go from fiat to crypto?

I really think there is a big psychological aspect to holding whole coins for new entrants. Couple that with the exposure gained during the spike and people will see potential gains and huge coin holdings being possible for a modest per coin outlay.
    Not how anyone should treat the market and not in anyway based on any evidence other than my experience.

I’m praying this pump isn’t just the coinbase rumour. The hype is probably to do with the CEO of Ripple (Brad) will be on live tv with the CEO of coinbase tommorow. If they confirm xrp will not be on coinbase we will likely go below a dollar again.

If they do add coinbase what do we expect? Does coinbase really influence any coin at all or it it just a matter that people will chose the cheapest coin to go from fiat to crypto?

It probably doesn’t dramatically change the potential size of the market. But it might change market sentiment and get more people interested into Ripple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Whenever I hear of Ripple potentially going onto Coinbase I always think of their criteria for adding a certain coin.....
    "GDAX will add assets which align with this framework and promote our mission of creating an open financial system for the world."

..aint Ripple everything but!?!

Whenever I hear of Ripple potentially going onto Coinbase I always think of their criteria for adding a certain coin.....

..aint Ripple everything but!?!

True. But on the other hand Google’s motto is “don’t do evil” ;-)

In the Silicon Valley grand sentences with generic ideals are plentiful but can always be twisted when their is a new market to conquer and large profits to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭garrettod

splashuum wrote: »
    I’m praying this pump isn’t just the coinbase rumour. The hype is probably to do with the CEO of Ripple (Brad) will be on live tv with the CEO of coinbase tommorow. If they confirm xrp will not be on coinbase we will likely go below a dollar again.

So, better to sell today while the price is up (potentially on the unconfirmed reports about Coinbase) ?

For me, I see long term value in Ripple and take great comfort every time I see a report like this:

Western Union Is Testing Ripple and XRP for Money Transfers

We just need more of them :)

Thanks,

G.

Still thinking the surge has to do with Asia. Currently 3 of the top 5 sources for XRP trades by title value listed here by are for people buying in Korean Won (including the one which is the largest source by far).

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

I don't feel the announcement will be made tomorrow.

The coin base CEO and ripple CEO are only 2 panlists on a 4 panel show and wouldnt be the right forum to announce it as it would get lost in the topics at hand.

Unfortunately as I'm sure brad is aware this will make the price of dime drop again as the rise recently is just fomo.

Granted the Koreans help boost it but the speculation is widespread on the net and crypto traders love rumours.

Ultimately coinbase will have to eventually list xrp if they want to keep a foothold on the market but tomorrow's talk show won't be them saying they are listing it as they could hold a joint conference and do it there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Coinbase just re-issued their statement from Jan about not adding anymore coins for now, so expect a big sell off just like last time.

Edit; yep, heading for the floor.

Coinbase just re-issued their statement from Jan about not adding anymore coins for now, so expect a big sell off just like last time.

https://twitter.com/coinbase/status/970746383308177408?s=19

Edit; yep, heading for the floor.

Does this mean I have to cancel my lambo order ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Called it

splashuum wrote: »
    Does this mean I have to cancel my lambo order ?

Maybe you should talk to that guy- he knows how to make it happen without Ripple ;-) - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2196619/Chinese-farmer-builds-replica-1m-Lamborghini-just-6-000--speed-160mph.html

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Ripple CEO giving an interview on CNBC shortly (pre-recorded interview).

Livestream here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfYzdgmq0lc

• Advertisement

Hi,

More good stuff coming out from the people at Ripple:

Ripple Powered Mobile App to Provide On-Demand Domestic Payments in Japan

..and a related story from Bloomberg...

Ripple Develops Blockchain Payments App With 61 Japanese Banks

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Speculator

Ripple (XRP) -Santander Partnership Produces Distributed Ledger Tech Based Payment App For Individuals

https://www.theindependentrepublic.com/2018/03/24/ripple-xrp-santander-partnership-produces-distributed-ledger-tech-based-payment-app-for-individuals/

Speculator wrote: »
    Ripple (XRP) -Santander Partnership Produces Distributed Ledger Tech Based Payment App For Individuals

https://www.theindependentrepublic.com/2018/03/24/ripple-xrp-santander-partnership-produces-distributed-ledger-tech-based-payment-app-for-individuals/

Good for Ripple to get a foot in the industry, but it seems like this won’t use XRP for now? (It says it is based on xCurrent)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Good for Ripple to get a foot in the industry, but it seems like this won’t use XRP for now? (It says it is based on xCurrent)

I think this might be Ripples big problem at the moment.
    Loads of good news recently about companies adopting or working in partnership with Ripple, BUT, none of them mention using XRP

will56 wrote: »
    I think this might be Ripples big problem at the moment.
    Loads of good news recently about companies adopting or working in partnership with Ripple, BUT, none of them mention using XRP

Do you mean a problem for Ripple as a company or just for the digital token?

I guess for the company if they establish many partnerships and start making money with them it still is good news and if they manage to grow their business without using he token they can just drop it.

But for XRP investors that would obviously be a bad scenario.

I’m still not sure myself how tightly the success of the company is linked to the one of their token to be honest.

Do you mean a problem for Ripple as a company or just for the digital token?

The Token.

.....I’m still not sure myself how tightly the success of the company is linked to the one of their token to be honest.

That's probably a key concern with many cryptos to be honest mate and for me, one of the reasons I am starting to wonder if I'd be better investing in IPOs, rather than ICOs.

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »
    That's probably a key concern with many cryptos to be honest mate and for me, one of the reasons I am starting to wonder if I'd be better investing in IPOs, rather than ICOs.

Yes sure, a coin is not a share so if people think so called ICOs give them guaranteed return if whichever organisation issued the coin is successful they are mistaken.

But Ripple is probably one of the closest to doing that as they seem to have some commercial success and one of their main products would garantee the coin being largely used for global financial transactions. Problem is this is not the product they seem to be the most successful with.

Yes sure, a coin is not a share so if people think so called ICOs give them guaranteed return if whichever organisation issued the coin is successful they are mistaken.

But Ripple is probably one of the closest to doing that as they seem to have some commercial success and one of their main products would garantee the coin being largely used for global financial transactions. Problem is this is not the product they seem to be the most successful with.

A lot of people are banking on XRP eventually being adopted by whatever institutions start using Ripple and XCurrent.
    There just doesn't seem to be any indications of that happening anytime soon

• Advertisement

will56 wrote: »
    A lot of people are banking on XRP eventually being adopted by whatever institutions start using Ripple and XCurrent.
    There just doesn't seem to be any indications of that happening anytime soon

Agreed. But but on the other hand out of the top coins it is probably the ones which is the closest to large practical adoption (besides people buying them for speculative purposes). It might never happen but at least there is an organisation behind it which has actual customers for a service (which is not using XRP) and a practical way for them to transition to another similar service which would use XRP, if Ripple manages to convince those customers it is a better solution.
    Other large coins don't seem to even have something like that.

Advertisement