Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act Three Scene II - The Quiet Country

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard greets goodie. "Master now? Can you read magic scrolls? Would you like to see if you can figure out what one i have does?"

Ekbard shows goodie the magic scroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Goodie reads the scroll intently. With help from the Shire he decodes the meaning, a spell of sustained flight. Though it would require a proper Mage or an elf to cast it.

"Linhorn, Linbul, I have a mission for you. Please go and find me 11 good quality backpacks for my little army, here is 100GP worth of treasure to suitably reward anybody for assisting you in your quest, keep the change between yourselves to acquire any provioions you require for yourselves"

The two salute Ekbard "Yes, Ser!" and run off.

As the halflings begin to crowd Goodie with a million requests, one lone voice of dissent perks up. A very elderly halfling.

"Master my wizened hole. Sure he may have the power and been off venturin' in mannish lands..."

Some in the crowd nod.

"...be he has yet to go a questin' in service of the Shire

And more so boy, I know those features. You're a bloody Tarmsworth lad aren't ya?! AREN'T YA?"

• Advertisement

Ekbard watches after Linbul and Linhorn and casts a detect evil spell.

There is no evil present within the village.

Fourier wrote: »
    And more so boy, I know those features. You're a bloody Tarmsworth lad aren't ya?! AREN'T YA?"

"Tarmsworth, what is its story, are they not nice folk there? and what questing does the shire need done?"

"Tarmsworth...Tarmsworth...TARMSWORTH"

The words pound in Goodie's mind. He can see it as if it were yesterday.

People running in the streets screaming at another murder victim found in a bakery or a shop or a house, others fighting each other out of sheer paranoia. The outbreak of Lycanthropy had hit the village two months before. By this point half the villagers were dead, killed by the werewolves or falsely accused.

Goodie himself had barely escaped with his life. After a bloodbath at the gallows, he had retreated to the old Mannish dungeon at the edge of the town. A lord and his court mage had built it two hundred years prior. He only went into the first room, where as a boy he had hidden supplies. He had narrowly avoided a lynching.

The townfolk were holding another of their perverse "votes" to see who to execute next. Poor Conyver, he was being accused over the way he said hello a few weeks prior. The game was rigged anyway, the wolves were always playing mind games pushing the villagers to kill their own.

Goodie patched himself up, blood still dripping. Soetrard, he would head there, find a group and lose himself in mercenary tasks, he was rid of this place.

sKeith wrote: »
    "Tarmsworth, what is its story, are they not nice folk there? and what questing does the shire need done?"

In the present the old man regards Ekbard. Goodie snaps out of whatever stupor had overcome him.

"At the human has stones. The beast in the woods must be killed"

• Advertisement

"Point me in the direction of these woods and i'll leave as soon at once, tell my 2 halfling friends to wait for me here."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

In the present the old man regards Ekbard. Goodie snaps out of whatever stupor had overcome him.

"At the human has stones. The beast in the woods must be killed"

I’ll go kill the wolves Come on Ekky. Someone go get me some silver tipped arrows immediatly

"Point me in the direction of these woods and i'll leave as soon at once, tell my 2 halfling friends to wait for me here."
    "To the SouthEast lad, you'll be able to see them from the edge of this village."

Tigger wrote: »
    I’ll go kill the wolves Come on Ekky. Someone go get me some silver tipped arrows immediatly
    "There isn't only Werewolves in that wood boy, but a beast far more deadly."

"Okay then maybe I should wait until the halflings return. That'll give you time to get your arrows goodie"

"hey old man, no riddles please, all accounts you know of the beast please, what has it done, who told you this, give us all the info you know about it."

"There isn't only Werewolves in that wood boy, but a beast far more deadly."

I Scry the woods

First I tell Ekky thatvthe scroll is a scroll of sustained flight

"wow, good, you really are a master now, maybe you can have some luck seeing what its crystal does" Ekbard shows Goodie the magic crystal.

"hey old man, no riddles please, all accounts you know of the beast please, what has it done, who told you this, give us all the info you know about it."
    "The men who were old when I was a boy spoke of the cult of the Bumblebear. In an attempt to reach his plane, the eternal honey mine, the cult breed monster with monster to create one with enough planar magic to get them there.

They were undone though when their reach exceeded their grasp. By their grafting of dragon flash and that of a devil they had bound. Arcane magics brought forth a creature from that culture of muscle and tissue. It slaughtered the cult in one night."

He looks Ekbard in the eyes.

"You have seen it, haven't you lad? The Dragvil?"

• Advertisement

"I have had dreams of these beasts. They were good dreams, but that is besides the point. "

"I have had dreams of these beasts. They were good dreams, but that is besides the point. "
    "Good ones, hmmm? Perhaps it was meant for you to face this beast."

Scry scry scry

"Yes, I was scared at first, i can remember that much, but later in the dream, i recall flying through the air on the back of one of these beasts, and I dont believe it minded that i was riding it."

Goodie scries into the wood where he glimpses an old gnarled massive oak tree, on a hill beside it is the entrance to the old cults lair. He cannot see further, but the Dragvil lies within.

OOC: Lair is at 14.12 on Shire map.

Goodie eyes the crystal. A crystal of animation. It can allow an inanimate object to enact a set of simple instructions twice a day.

Tigger wrote: »
    "Hey goodie where are these werewolves you speak of? the dragvil is in the forest, not werewolves, do you want to eradicate your werewolf problem first of after the dragvil problem?"

Goodie eyes the crystal. A crystal of animation. It can allow an inanimate object to enact a set of simple instructions twice a day.

Hey Exkky that’s a animation crystal it can allow a laminate being onece a day

"Hey goodie where are these werewolves you speak of? the dragvil is in the forest, not werewolves, do you want to eradicate your werewolf problem first of after the dragvil problem?"

Goodie tells ekbard of the terrible wierdos and the village of werewolves
    And how they mistreated him when he was older

• Advertisement

"okay, i'll assist you to get rid of the werewolves, and after that, i'll go deal with the dragvil, and i'll understand if you don't want to tag along for that one."

Advertisement