Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act Three Scene II - The Quiet Country

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »
    Lewisville, Nerosian Archipelago:
    The salt in the air almost adds a flavour to druid Clabeth's bland parsley soup. He is tempted to use magic to to spice things up. Suddenly however a visitor appears in his study and lands on the onyx healing slab bleeding quite badly. A large, though from the feet clearly Halfling visitor, is with him.

He approaches slowly.

".......Ekbard?"

He immediately gets to work, asking Goodie to hold a stone with a "sun within a wheel" symbol on it over Ekbard.

I do so and also retrieve the helm in case we need to go to someone better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"Howdy doc, yes, its me ekbard, good memoy on you, have you tasted this halfling ale, its rather good, Ekbards offers the tankard to the doc"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Ekbard rises full of strength. The doctor refuses the ale.

OOC: HP restored

"By the sun and stars boy, what in the hell have you been up to? The elders will want a chat."

I hand Ekky #1’s backpack

"Why thanks for the healing. Can you check out my shoulder, I got a pin stuck in it a while back and a halfling doctor said it sqeaked, but thinks it may just be a human thing, would feel much better if you had a quick look."

• Advertisement

He takes a look at the shoulder and pulls back in shock.

Both him and Goodie see a fist sized lump of red scabbed flesh with green veins running through it.

"The healing must have accelerated the growth, I will remove it"

He goes to his desk to get his scalpel.

"Ready?"

"Yes, I'm ready, i have the pin if you need to see it."

"Hmmm, best if I do..."

He takes the pin and grabs a tree branch. The branch lights up green and the pin glows red.

"Extra-planar.....hmmmm.....though lawful in nature....odd...."

He ponders.

"I suspect this pin allows a being from another plane to grow itself a body to manifest here via your tissue."

Ekbard says "please get it out of me!"

The druid slices the growth off.

It sprouts legs and eyes as it rolls to the floor. The eyes glow and shove Clabeth into the roof choking him slowly.

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote: »
    The druid slices the growth off.

It sprouts legs and eyes as it rolls to the floor. The eyes glow and shove Clabeth into the roof choking him slowly.

I shootvit with a standard arrow

Ekbard addresses the sprout."Now stop that, young one. Leave the doc be."

The growth turns to Ekbard, "Sorry I was afr..."

The growth is impaled by Goodie's arrow and dies immediately.

Clabeth falls to the ground, but floats and stops at the last second before righting himself.

"Thank you hairyfoot" he rubs his throat.

"I'll go to the elders, they will want to see you"

He leaves the hut.

Ekbard leaves 200GP of treasure on the slab.

"what now goodie? back to the shire?"

Ye Leah
    We teleport

Clabeth returns as Goodie and Ekbard begin to vanish.

"Right this way my elders, he...."

The two flash from sight.

"Good luck boy" he says wistfully staring at the beach outside his stone house.

GjXOHf.jpg

The Shire:

"They're the real deal, powerful and tough, he killed an alpha werewolf, this is a real party..." says Linhorn as Goodie and Ekbard reappear in Tarmsworth.

"Master Ekbard, you look in rue health!"

"aye. healed by my own doctor on neros. wonderful man. Even removed an extra planer monster i had growing in me that your shire doc missed. Hope you got on okay with the undead soliers while i was away, i was a bit worried for you two"

"They barely budged Ser. Where to now?"

We search the town for stuff

• Advertisement

Ekbard says, "lets see if we can find any survivers."

It takes until early morning to search the town. In total the jewelry found is worth about 8,000GP. Though the head of an alpha werewolf would fetch tens of thousands at the right auction (XP value: 30,000 XP).

Sixteen survivors remain, eight families hiding in a basement.

Ekbard tells the halfling that he is going to slepp for a while and that they can celebrate with the survivers if they wish"
    Ekbard finds a hut and goes to sleep.

The halflings sing and dance for another hour before heading to bed. Everybody awakens roughly around noon to a sunny day.

Ekbard sits up on his bed and recounts the night before, and the courage he had to stand up to the alpha, I need to keep that courage strong in my heart. While thinking about this, some spells are emparted into his mind, the spell of protection from evil, he focuses for longer and another spell is emparted on his mind, the spell of cure light wounds. He continues to focus on his courage in the previous battles he was in and one last spell is emparted into his mind, the spell of hold person. Ekbard is amazed by the new abilities that have be gifted upon him by his bravery in battles and he focuses even harder, but no more spells come for him. "ah well, lets try that again tomorrow and see if i can do any better."

ooc:protection from evil,cure light wounds and hold person.

OOC: That's perfect

Ekbard joins everybody else, "whats for breakfast?"

"Some rabbit and stew Master Ekbard says an old man from one of the survivor families."

Ekbard asks the old man, "Do you think there is enough, eight familys for your village to spring back? We will leave word in the other shire villages that you have vacancies and are warewolf free again, hopefully and few more families will move up to help you get back on your feet."

• Advertisement

"Thank you Master Ekbard that would be a great help"

Advertisement