Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act Three Scene II - The Quiet Country

Options
  • 26-01-2018 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

Another lazy morning in the shire. Children play, birds chirp, about as idyllic a place as one can get.

Ekbard rises to some scones, rolls and a mug of ale placed at his bedside.

Also in the room are about thirty halflings. A young girl anxiously speaks up.

"Are you gonna see tha master today ser?"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard ponders the question, then says, "I will for sure be going to see the Master as soon as I can, but I seek a few things before I dare make the journey. Maybe you young lass, can tell me if your village has a doctor or a medicine supply. I have injured myself and need some fixing up before I am able to travel."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"Ay mister there's a doctor in the next village over, only two miles."

A group of four halflings, all with pipes as long as their arms in their mouths, step forward.

"We'll take you to the doctor Mister Ravenseye. There'd be nowt as much an 'onour as ta see the Master again.

"thank you good sirs. I'll be ready to go once I pay last nights drinks bill." Ekbard removes the 2000GP worth of treasure from #13 and places 100GP worth of the treasure on the bar. "Okay, I'm ready, off to see the Master, the wonderful Master, off! off!"

sKeith wrote: »
    "thank you good sirs. I'll be ready to go once I pay last nights drinks bill." Ekbard removes the 2000GP worth of treasure from #13 and places 100GP worth of the treasure on the bar. "Okay, I'm ready, off to see the Master, the wonderful Master, off! off!"
    The bar tender looks down in awe at the amount.

"Thank you Master Ravenseye" he says bringing his cap to his chest.

Ekbard and the group of halflings head to the nearby village to see the doctor.

"The master is in the village after this one" they say as they reach the doctor's office, which looks more like a converted home than a true practice house.

"Oh a human, I'll need a bit of help with this" says the doctor as they enter. He reaches for a textbook on human physiology on his shelf.

"It's the arm I imagine, we have some treatments for that" he quickly gets to work.

An hour or so later he seems happy with the arm.

"I think the frostbite is gone my friend, but what is this growth on your left shoulder?"

OOC:
    Shire Map:

oImqlQ.png

02.04 Chesterfield (Ekbard arrival point)
    03.07 Red Hawk
    04.05 Pinnella Pass (Ekbard current location)
    06.06 Woodhurst (Goodie current location)
    06.08 Helmfirth
    09.07 Kameeraska
    09.09 Hollyhead
    10.04 Tarmsworth
    10.11 Bradfordshire
    11.06 Windermere
    14.12 Source of Chaotic Magic
    14.15 Darport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I sit in a nice field beside the doctors house and a lake and scry

• Advertisement

A bunch of halflings follow Goodie to the lake.

"Can you tell me what will happen to my geese master?"

"My son's infertile master!"

"Look at these boils master!"

Fourier wrote: »
    A bunch of halflings follow Goodie to the lake.

"Can you tell me what will happen to my geese master?"

"My son's infertile master!"

"Look at these boils master!"

Ok, you goose man and you not a grandad you line people up over there buy that tree and explain that I will need to meditate and onece I have I will see them all in turn. For this I will help your geese and your son.
    Boils need a hot compress of salt water boiled up with seaweed followed by a swim in the sea every 5 minutes for an hour do it now and every day till next full moon. Then on the full moon boil up ablution of hazel bark and willow bark in the seawater and use that to rinse the books ever day till the next full moon
    Do this and you won’t have boils again

I continue scrying

"Wow, thank you master."

The front line kneels and bows.

The next set come to the fore.

"So, my hill has two houses lord master, but the equity...."

Requests like this go on for a while until two hours later all are gone and Goodie can scry in peace.

OOC: Any particular target for the scrying or just doing it in general.

"Wow, thank you master."

The front line kneels and bows.

The next set come to the fore.

"So, my hill has two houses lord master, but the equity...."

Requests like this go on for a while until two hours later all are gone and Goodie can scry in peace.

OOC: Any particular target for the scrying or just doing it in general.
    Ook how does it work

"I think the frostbite is gone my friend, but what is this growth on your left shoulder?"

"I have no idea, you're looking at it, and you're the doctor, shouldn't you be telling me.."

• Advertisement

"I have no idea, you're looking at it, and you're the doctor, shouldn't you be telling me.."

Ook too late

"Well let's see" he reaches for a scalpel and prods a bit. Ekbard doesn't flinch.

"That didn't seem to affect you, odd"

He prods again and there is a small squeak.

"Very unusual, but perhaps a common human ailment. Anyway the frostbite is gone, so you should be free to go"

"What was that squeak? Is there anywhere in the shire I can acquire healing potions? Is there anybody in the shire who can read the magic?"

"What was that squeak? Is there anywhere in the shire I can acquire healing potions? Is there anybody in the shire who can read the magic?"
    "Well we're not the best at that to tell you the truth, magic is more a human thing. Aside from the master o' course, but he draws his power from long passed heroes or so I'm told.

Must be just a squeaking boil."

"okay, thank you for your services", ekbard leaves the doc 100gp of treasure.

He then addresses his traveling companions, " quick ale then, before we head onwards? "

"Aye, sure thing Mister"

They head to the village ale house which is surprisingly busy for this time of day.

The barkeep hands out five pints, one watered down for Ekbard.

Ekbard asks the assembled crowd if there is anybody there who wants to go adventuring. He'd make it worth their while.

The crowd muse and ponder.

Two small young halflings step forth.

"We would like to go adventuring Ser, the possibility of a tale of wonder would be so romantic."

Ekbard looks at the two youths, "Do you need to get permission from your folks?"

Goodie decides to cast locate on Othergirl

• Advertisement

Ekbard looks at the two youths, "Do you need to get permission from your folks?"
    "We're over our eleventh and twentieth birthday Ser, aye young in halfling years, but adults."

The barkeep, who has lived in mannish lands, whispers to Ekbard, "late teens in human terms Ser."

Tigger wrote: »
    Goodie decides to cast locate on Othergirl
    Goodie connects with the dirt of the Shire which speaks out to the rest of the planet.

He feels himself moving over the southern continent, until he sees Othegre atop a tower of some sort with some skeletons. Suddenly the vision is interrupted by a dark presence who speaks "Who spies on my lands? Your magic is foreign and unknown to me."

Goodie connects with the dirt of the Shire which speaks out to the rest of the planet.

He feels himself moving over the southern continent, until he sees Othegre atop a tower of some sort with some skeletons. Suddenly the vision is interrupted by a dark presence who speaks "Who spies on my lands? Your magic is foreign and unknown to me."

Hi I’m Goody the Master Sherrif I’m looking for my friend the Vampyer

"We're over our eleventh and twentieth birthday Ser, aye young in halfling years, but adults."

The barkeep, who has lived in mannish lands, whispers to Ekbard, "late teens in human terms Ser."

"I'd be glad of your company. What shall i call you, I supspct you do not want to be addressed as #14 and #15....#1-#13 dont speak much so havent complained yet about what i call them."

Hi I’m Goody the Master Sherrif I’m looking for my friend the Vampyer
    "An honest response. I'll tell you then, she is currently attempting to climb into the keep which belonged to a trio of dark magicians, two necromancers and a vivimancer. normally I would say it was a fool's errand, but her vampiric nature leaves her immune to most defenses."

He describes to Goodie the exact location, or rather leaves an impression of same in his mind.

"May we speak again"

Goodie spans out of the vision, the world spinning slightly before he gains his senses once more.

OOC: Othegre is at 43.30 on the map

"I'd be glad of your company. What shall i call you, I supspct you do not want to be addressed as #14 and #15....#1-#13 dont speak much so havent complained yet about what i call them."
    "Lahorn and..." says one "...Linbul" says the other. They smile quite pleased at each other.

OOC: They are Level 2 Halflings. AC: 7, with bows doing 1d8 damage.

"An honest response. I'll tell you then, she is currently attempting to climb into the keep which belonged to a trio of dark magicians, two necromancers and a vivimancer. normally I would say it was a fool's errand, but her vampiric nature leaves her immune to most defenses."

He describes to Goodie the exact location, or rather leaves an impression of same in his mind.

"May we speak again"

Goodie spans out of the vision, the world spinning slightly before he gains his senses once more.

OOC: Othegre is at 43.30 on the map

Ook was that locate ?

"Lahorn and..." says one "...Linbul" says the other. They smile quite pleased at each other.

OOC: They are Level 2 Halflings. AC: 7, with bows doing 1d8 damage.

Ekbard finishes his drink. "Okay, Lahorn and Linbul, lets go, these 4 gents are bringing us to Master Goodenuff"

Ook was that locate ?
    OOC: Yep, note all your magic is much stronger in the Shire. Outside, this would extend 120'

• Advertisement

Ekbard finishes his drink. "Okay, Lahorn and Linbul, lets go, these 4 gents are bringing us to Master Goodenuff"
    Ekbard and the six halflings head across to the next village, the cosy hamlet of Woodhurst.

On the outskirts of the village, at a small fishing lake, a crowd is forming around Goodie, at least eighty halflings are present, but the man himself is clearly visible next to the lake.

Advertisement