Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act Three Scene I - Where to now?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"brilliant, now, lets see if we can slow these axes down, brace yourself, these thing never do what i expect them to do..."
    Ekbard take the necklaces from arond his neck and holds them in the air and chants "ehhh kaaaaaa baaaaaaa aaaaaaahhh raaaaaaa daaaaa kaaaaabooooooommmmm "

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Underdark:
    Tigger wrote: »
    I fashionchopsticks from the elves bones
    Hey Citra whay was that Shiite he was spewing
    Clodagh or what ever
    "My old name. Before the humans came. Only elves use it now."
    'Did ye know there is a great dwarven statue many miles beneath us? I dinnae want to travel further but come back to ye first.

So, tell us Citra. Where exactly are we headed down here?'
    "Not surprising, your oldest cities are here, in fact your race was created only forty or so miles from here in the Lower Dark.

That old city is our target. With the Judge dead, all his plans and those of his followers are at an end. And yet I feel uneasy. I want to check the ancient elven city over there, it's records and to see if something is still working. They built the city to help dialogue with your kind. It's the place where your races first met."

Statue:
    sKeith wrote: »
    "brilliant, now, lets see if we can slow these axes down, brace yourself, these thing never do what i expect them to do..."
    Ekbard take the necklaces from arond his neck and holds them in the air and chants "ehhh kaaaaaa baaaaaaa aaaaaaahhh raaaaaaa daaaaa kaaaaabooooooommmmm "
    The axes stop immediately.

"What? Your name followed by 'kaboom'? That mean something?" Bige says puzzled.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs nods.

'Aye. We'll stick to yer plan fer now. I have a way to return to the Lower Dark whenever I want now.

Once we rest up Goodie should lead the way again and hopefully we make the city soon.'

OOC: Goodie, roll a d20 for next days guidance.

• Advertisement

Ekbard quickly gets to he door on the other side before contemplating answering. " yeah, my name is powerful." Ekbard shouts, "#2 #3 and #4, hurry follow me." he turns back to bige, dont harm my undead, and they will not harm you, got it..."

Ekbard examins the door for traps.

Statue:
    The door has magical symbols on it. Ekbard has seen enough at this point to know it is a ward of some kind, a spell that will take effect when triggered.

"okay bige, that door is warded, what were you going to do when you got this far?"

Statue:
    "Castinul was going to bring down the ward. Damn it. He had this"

He takes out a stone with matching symbols.

"But you need to be a magic user to operate it without risk, I think..."

The clock in the middle of the room begins spinning and Ekbard is returned to the present.

Bige's body is no longer in the room and the ward door is open leading to a long corridor with transparent walls that goes up the statue's rib cage, the bones forged from silver. Display cases along the corridor are smashed. A skeleton wearing Bige's clothes is embedded in the wall next to the tenth case, skull crushed.

• Advertisement

Ekbard searches the remains of the skeleton with biges clothing, looking for the stone. Also he check his backpack for any supplies. He then searches the cases for valuables.

Underdark Day Two:
    Goodie leads the group well, no tiring leaps this time and nobody gets lost. The ground takes a strange rusted appearance. BandyLegs reasons it must be from ancient dwarven smelting chambers in the LowerDark.

Suddenly the ground shakes and a massive praying mantis rears it's body upward, lifting itself out of a cave previously covered with soil held in place by a spell. It's at least half a mile long with a large columned building on its back. Scholars of some strange bird-like race scribbling on clay tablets sit out front. A fountain lies at the base of its neck and some houses on its abdomen.

"Cóllhug, you have returned. Interested in visiting the museum?"

Statue:
    Ekbard searches the remains of the skeleton with biges clothing, looking for the stone. Also he check his backpack for any supplies. He then searches the cases for valuables.
    He finds the stone, two rations, two daggers and a magic scroll on the skeleton. The contents of the cases are also in his backpack totaling a worth of 10,000GP.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs looks at Citra.

'Ye've been here before? What museum?'

Ekbard eats a ration and takes the backpack. he returns to the labry room and checks if the labrys are still all stopped., if they are he makes it to the entrance of the room again.

Underdark:
    Necrominus wrote: »

She smiles.

"The one on his back, come on"

She jumps on the mantis's back and runs toward the building.

Bandylegs follows suit and jumps onto the back of the mantis, making for the building

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Necrominus wrote: »

Does it have a rwsturant and a gift sho i

I follow

Underdark:
    Citra grabs a scroll from within the museum and returns back outside.

"This contains some info on the old city, that's all we need."

Some of the underdark creatures on the mantis's back scoff at Goodie's clothing. "Such a brute in a fine establishment like this, surface dwellers have no style."

The mantis speaks "Payment for the scroll will be high Cóllhug."

Citra thinks. "The personal account of the man who killed the Judge?"

"Acceptable" the mantis replies.

Statue:
    Ekbard eats a ration and takes the backpack. he returns to the labry room and checks if the labrys are still all stopped., if they are he makes it to the entrance of the room again.
    Ekbard easily makes it to the bottom of the flight of stairs that led him here. The steam wisps upward from the bottom of the stairs.

• Advertisement

Bandylegs looks oddly at Citra.

'Who ye be talkin about? Me? Well, ye know how I love to talk....'

Bandylegs turns to the mantis.

'It began in a tavern in Soetrard....'

Bandylegs tells a long winded, personal account of the entire tale up to this point, emphasizing his importance at every step, leaving nothing out including the wishes, how he lost his arms and legs, had them brought back by Death, the teleporting helm. It is very detailed, sometimes boring as Bandylegs boasts about his parts in the tale, and takes some time.

Bandylegs enjoys the attention.

Fourier wrote: »
    Statue:

Ekbard easily makes it to the bottom of the flight of stairs that led him here. The steam wisps upward from the bottom of the stairs.

Ekbard slowly and cautiously climbs the stairs.

HOURS LATER:

'And with that, with one blow - I cut The Judge's head from 'is shoulders. I presented it ter Citra as a gift. I asked her to have it made into a helm o'some sort, but she refused.

Oh, Ekbard of Neros and Ilberic Goodenough - also known as Goodie were there too. Make sure ye put that down in yer cliffs about Bandy the Bold.'

He turns, proud of himself for his tale as Citra and Goodie look bored to tears.

'Now, what's say we head fer the city? I'm sure the mantis could point us in the right direction so we dinnae get lost again. Even though if ye've been ere before Citra... I dinnae why we're been lead on this merry dance when ye know the way...'

Underdark:
    "The geography has shifted, also Goodie is best at detecting unwanted attention before it sees us." Citra answers.

The mantis seems pleased. "I can close my files on the Judge then, did you get all that?" he asks of the avian scribes.

"Yes, but the tale seems far fetched in places, can we trust its accuracy?" they ask.

"History cannot be known directly, it is what it is, an account by the man himself. Thank you BandyLegs."

He lowers his abdomen for them to step off.

OOC: Goodie roll for the next day.

Before leaving, Bandylegs scoffs at the scribes.

'Far fetched? Is shrinking a beast who was near 40 foot in height to the size of a normal man by a mere statement far fetched? How about me talkin' axe - given to me by Vergadain himself? It happened, as sure as I stand here as head cleric o'Vergadain.'

Statue:
    Ekbard slowly and cautiously climbs the stairs.
    The room with the dead thief and the cases is as he remembers.

Underdark Day Three:
    Goodie is in serious Ranger mode guiding the group past monster layers, perfectly repelling down cliff faces and correctly identifying all non-toxic animals on the way. They arrive at the gates to the city.

Citra walks up to the gates.

"BandyLegs you are much more powerful than when we first met. We will need that power now. Let us try to get these gates open. Oh and Goodie, good work!"

OOC: Tigger you got a natural 1 on the roll.

Fourier wrote: »
    Underdark Day Three:
    Goodie is in serious Ranger mode guiding the group past monster layers, perfectly repelling down cliff faces and correctly identifying all non-toxic animals on the way. They arrive at the gates to the city.

Citra walks up to the gates.

"BandyLegs you are much more powerful than when we first met. We will need that power now. Let us try to get these gates open. Oh and Goodie, good work!"

OOC: Tigger you got a natural 1 on the roll.

Bandylegs looks smug.

'O'course I am! I didn't get to be head cleric o'Vergadain by slackin' off now did I?'

He walks over to the gates and examines them.

'How can I help ye anyways?'

He turns to Goodie.

'Good work, laddie, that dwarven trainin' I gave ye be payin' off!'

Ekbard goes up the stairs and gets his undead to follow him down. He returns to the beer hall and reunites all his undead. He puts biges backpack on #1, and the thiefs backpack on #2, "you two stay closest to me, you hear." He then leaves the statue the way he entered. Ekbard and his undead go searching for the moored boat, starting at the ocean closest to the statues toes.

• Advertisement

Statue:
    Ekbard goes up the stairs and gets his undead to follow him down. He returns to the beer hall and reunites all his undead. He puts biges backpack on #1, and the thiefs backpack on #2, "you two stay closest to me, you hear." He then leaves the statue the way he entered. Ekbard and his undead go searching for the moored boat, starting at the ocean closest to the statues toes.
    The moored boat, although still there, has rotted to the point of being useless in the present day.

Advertisement