Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act Three Scene I - Where to now?

Options
  • 15-01-2018 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

Ekbard, Goodie and BandyLegs look out over the ruins of Soetrard. Shortly after the Judge was executed his undead army collapsed and it looks like the city watch are attempting to bring the districts back under control. A large amount of the temple district is in flames, the Judge's henotheism quickly led his followers to burn or raid any non-Soet form of worship in the city. The tables have turned however as the central temple of Soet is now under siege. Seems the people have had enough.

nyM9p8.jpg

No rest for the wicked though as BandyLegs spots a large moving bundle of heat coursing through the air. Not difficult to guess who it might be.

With a powerful thud, Citra rocks the tower as she lands on the top floor before assuming human form.

"Dwarf, you have saved me and my children, I am impressed..........and thank you" she extends her hand.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Hi Cita you big beautiful example of awesomeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Tigger wrote: »
    Hi Cita you big beautiful example of awesomeness.
    Citra smiles warmly. "Ah the halfling, I had hoped you yet lived. I must admit I didn't see your survival as that likely. I'm glad I was wrong."

Fourier wrote: »
    Citra smiles warmly. "Ah the halfling, I had hoped you yet lived. I must admit I did see your survival as that likely. I'm glad I was wrong."

Aww your so happy to see me you aren’t making sens. What been happening with you any news ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs is next to take Citra's 'hand'.

'Citra, golden dragon of Soetrard, ruler and leader now we have smote both Judge and the false clerics of Soet. I present to you.....

the head of the Judge.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNvuHZ0qqjYkHqsBzwTNa0MpjpsEPaP6nyxGGzaYtXBG99tbbu

I meself sentenced the beast to die. Fer crimes here and far afield. I trust ye have a place fer it ;)'

He tosses The Judge's head at Citra's feet.

He’s not been right since Betty died

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"He got a weird liking for wearin' people heads for hats. Some people like it but other moan about it keppin' their yun un's up all night with the 'mares."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs smirks at Ekbard and Goodie.

'Aye. Ter be honest Citra I was hopin' yer armours could make somethin' outta that fer me. Somethin' nice ter keep me ears warm.... That thing will rot if it not be preserved.

What be the state of the city?'

Citra regards the Judge's severed head with disgust.

"Thank you, I'm not the only ancient being glad to see this one get what he deserves.

As for the city, I think things are slowly coming back under control, my children are seeing to the last portion of the Judge's army, those long of life rather than undead.

There is the issue of course of this tower. There was something being planned in the lower depths. Would you accompany me to see what it was? I have to be certain of my children's safety."

Fourier wrote: »
    Citra regards the Judge's severed head with disgust.

"Thank you, I'm not the only ancient being glad to see this one get what he deserves.

As for the city, I think things are slowly coming back under control, my children are seeing to the last portion of the Judge's army, those long of life rather than undead.

There is the issue of course of this tower. There was something being planned in the lower depths. Would you accompany me to see what it was? I have to be certain of my children's safety."

Bandylegs nods.

'Aye, I'll go with ye. One small favour though, if ye may. Ekbard took a few licks in the battle. Twould be best fer all concerned if he be at full strength. Actually the same goes fer all of us, ter be honest.

Once ye do that, lead the way.'

Citra fires a white blast of energy at the trio, when the light clears they are healthy and vigorous.

"Only have one more of those in my today" she says turning to descend the stairs to the right of where the trio teleported in.

• Advertisement

Bandylegs follows Citra down the stairs, gesturing to the others to follow.

Ekbard says, "I'll help, for sure!"

Ekbard follows citra.

Citra leads the trio down through the tower, the floors are not overwhelming in size, about the size of a typical low lord's manor hall (OOC:~ modern wedding party room). Collections of holy texts line each room, as well as two laboratories for the Clerics. Throughout is the city's flag, alternating red and green stripes with a thistle on each stripe.

Citra races past each level, before coming to a wall on the final level, two beneath the ground floor. The floor is a winery.

She turns to Ekbard. "Could you do the honours, I believe you have what we need."

Ekbard turns to Citra, "Don't know if i'll be able to drink the lot of it, but if you want me to try, i will."

"Oh no my dear, they're about your neck"

Ekbard raise the necklace in the air. "I never did work out what these things do."

The wall shimmers revealing a set of double doors with the same moon symbol.

"Well who first?" asks Citra.

Bandylegs shrugs.

'It's always me, why change a good thing?'

He attempts to step through the doors.

Ekbard checks the doors for traps

• Advertisement

Goodie looks for people to kill

Ekbards 14 undead soldliers come following down the stairs, "grr grr grr grrrrr grr grr" says the head one.

Ekbard commands them to open the doors.

Behind the door is a cavern hewn from pure white marble. BandyLegs is instantly aware of the collosal cost of making such a room, as it is certainly not the result of technique applied to natural stone. The marble would have needed to be brought here.

The room is arranged like a Colosseum or stadium with descending sets of seats. It would have housed 268 BandyLegs intuits.

There is a ladder leading out of the arena area going beneath it. A gate within the arena leading out to the warrior's training area possibly and a small door on the second last row of seats.

One of the undead soldiers says "grr grr, grr grr grrrrrr grr" then goes and trys to open the double doors.

Bandylegs heads towards the small door and cautiously opens it.

'We should check here first before descending.'

Ekbard commands one of the undead to open the small door. He goes over and opens the door.

"Hey bandy, ask your axe to scan for hidden doors"

The room BandyLegs enters is certainly odd. A lounge of some sort, but not for solid beings. Though there are seats and some form of bar serving a purple liquid, there are also pipes meant to fit a human sized amount of liquid that form a weird obstacle course through the room. The pipes have a strange white/black fluid in them.

• Advertisement

Bandylegs turns to Citra.

'Fer the clerics, I suppose?'

He checks the room for any valuables.

Advertisement