Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act Three Scene I - Where to now?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard descends the stairs again, back into the room with the dead thief, he tells #2 and #3 to descend the stairs, he then he checks the stairs heading down for traps and then descends the steps slowly and cautiously.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs smiles.

'Aye.. probably not. Lead the way lass and I'll follow.'

OOC: Can't go too much further this evening, working and it's busy :(

Bandylegs turns to regard the group.

'I've been wonderin' to meself whether we can speak to the croc. (He gestures in the giant crocs direction) Convince 'im ter help us? What do ye reckon? I'm sure ye be aware of me encounter with a beholder, and me subsequent wishes Citra.'

Bandylegs briefly explains his encounter with Kim, the cards and the subsequent wishes.

'We can try, or we can skip south slightly and head straight fer the city, I dinnae mind.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Bandylegs turns to regard the group.

'I've been wonderin' to meself whether we can speak to the croc. (He gestures in the giant crocs direction) Convince 'im ter help us? What do ye reckon? I'm sure ye be aware of me encounter with a beholder, and me subsequent wishes Citra.'

Bandylegs briefly explains his encounter with Kim, the cards and the subsequent wishes.

'We can try, or we can skip south slightly and head straight fer the city, I dinnae mind.'

You wantontobdobwhat ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Tigger wrote: »
    You wantontobdobwhat ?

Bandylegs regards Goodie.

'Talk ter him. See if he's amenable ter helpin' us. Just think of the power we'd be posessin' with a croc that size on our side.'

Bandylegs regards Goodie.

'Talk ter him. See if he's amenable ter helpin' us. Just think of the power we'd be posessin' with a croc that size on our side.'

It makes earthquakes when it moves !!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Bandylegs nods.

'Aye. My point exactly. He might be misunderstood. Like to get into the sunlight. I dinnae... as I said I dinnae mind but it was an idea I be havin.... The risk is great, but the rewards be much higher.'

Bandylegs nods.

'Aye. My point exactly. He might be misunderstood. Like to get into the sunlight. I dinnae... as I said I dinnae mind but it was an idea I be havin.... The risk is great, but the rewards be much higher.'

Ok ill do it on one condition

Ok ill do it on one condition

Bandylegs looks at Goodie oddly.

'Condition? What ye on about, condition? I'll hear ye out, but cannae make any promises laddie. If it be too high, we can skip and head fer the city.'

Well I feel you can always just teleport away if nessicary and that is why you would consider such an idea.

Well I feel you can always just teleport away if nessicary and that is why you would consider such an idea.

Bandylegs regards Goodie with a wry smile.

'Stay close ter me so and we can teleport together if there be any trouble. I haven't abandoned ye yet have I?'

• Advertisement

Bandylegs regards Goodie with a wry smile.

'Stay close ter me so and we can teleport together if there be any trouble. I haven't abandoned ye yet have I?'

That’s what I thought

Bandylegs sighs.

'Fine. Let's avoid the croc fer now then. Head straight fer the city.'

He heads in a southerly direction initially, aiming to head east for the city whilst avoiding the looming crocodile in the distance.

OOC: Aww.... I wanted to try to convince the croc to join us :( Heading south for maybe two hexes then swinging across towards the city seems a better idea than going too close to uber croc.

Bandylegs sighs.

'Fine. Let's avoid the croc fer now then. Head straight fer the city.'

He heads in a southerly direction initially, aiming to head east for the city whilst avoiding the looming crocodile in the distance.

OOC: Aww.... I wanted to try to convince the croc to join us :( Heading south for maybe two hexes then swinging across towards the city seems a better idea than going too close to uber croc.

Bandy I’m a level 7 ranger sould I not lead the way

Bandy I’m a level 7 ranger sould I not lead the way

Bandylegs pauses.

'Aye. Maybe. Or... Citra - can ye fly us to the city? Be there a reason ye be stayin in yer shapely human form or is just fer me own benefit ;) ?

If ye didn't know I have this helm which can transport three of us out of any danger if ye be worried about that.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"Is the helm not a great risk, unless it has perfect teleporting capacity it could kill us.

I'm in human form as there are creatures here to whom I more vulnerable in my true form."

Fourier wrote: »
    "Is the helm not a great risk, unless it has perfect teleporting capacity it could kill us.

I'm in human form as there are creatures here to whom I more vulnerable in my true form."

'As long as I'm familiar with me destination, there be no risk. I'm still learnin' about it though, so maybe fer now we'll do it your way.

Lead on, ranger Goodie.'

OOC: Goodie roll a d20 (Underdark has special rules)

Through the Underdark Day One:
    Goodie leads the group well, but the terrain is exhausting. Uneven rock, climbing and jumping across boulders floating in the sky. Eventually they come to a massive chasm. Four miles deep and ten miles long BandyLegs intuits from his intravision and understanding of stone. It is however only six feet wide.

About half a mile away, a spider the size of a small temple is eyeing the group but making no moves.

OOC: due to exhaustion everybody in the group is effectively one level lower.

Anyone got rope ?

• Advertisement

Ook
    How does dwarf pitching work ?

Ook am I not stealth heres

Bandylegs considers his options.

He decides to conjure an elemental using the new spell he learned.

Rocks detach from the chasm walls and assemble themselves into a humanoid figure in front of BandyLegs.

"Master?" it inquires, pulsing white with the chalk rock of the lower section of the chasm.

OOC: 54HP, 2d10 damage, AC: 4. Two uses of spell to poison the lungs of enemies with chalk on a hit.

Rocks detach from the chasm walls and assemble themselves into a humanoid figure in front of BandyLegs.

"Master?" it inquires, pulsing white with the chalk rock of the lower section of the chasm.

OOC: 54HP, 2d10 damage, AC: 4. Two uses of spell to poison the lungs of enemies with chalk on a hit.

'Can ye help us cross the chasm safely? Have ye a name?'

Statue:
    sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard descends the stairs again, back into the room with the dead thief, he tells #2 and #3 to descend the stairs, he then he checks the stairs heading down for traps and then descends the steps slowly and cautiously.
    Ekbard enters a room with sets of swinging labrises starting two foot from the entrance. Along the floor starting at the first labris and running to the fifteenth and final one is a rod with electricity crackling on its surface.

Throughout the room are corpses of previous adventurers, four ropes attached to the ceiling between the fifth and sixth labrises and between the seventh and eighth a clock with an adjustable handle with the words "TIME MACHINE" on it in old Soetrardian.

Underdark:
    'Can ye help us cross the chasm safely? Have ye a name?'
    "Listen to my body"

BandyLegs hears a specific note within the stonesong. He is a rock spirit.

"That is my name. You have summoned me in mortal form. The gap...."

He looks.

"...I could toss the halfling across."

Underdark:

"Listen to my body"

BandyLegs hears a specific note within the stonesong. He is a rock spirit.

"That is my name. You have summoned me in mortal form. The gap...."

He looks.

"...I could toss the halfling across."

'Aye, and what of meself? The halfling can probably leap the 6 foot. I on the other hand be only a dwarf.

Citra, any ideas? I dinnae like the look o'that spider.'

He turns back to the elemental.

'I'll call ye Bridge I think, if that suit ye.'

Underdark:
    'I'll call ye Bridge I think, if that suit ye.'
    "Have a purpose in mind for me then?

I could throw you, but I cannot guarantee success. I will not attempt the dragon. For you still weigh your true weight."

Citra answers.

"Indeed, I may use a spell to launch myself across."

• Advertisement

Yeah toss me across boss

Advertisement