Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Options

Comments

johnplayer wrote: »
    Yes Chakra Blue ? What's your point ? What do you need to know ?

The point is you were pretending you didnt even know what they played..and now know all..Seems strange..thats all..I didnt mean to upset you

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

The point is you were pretending you didnt even know what they played..and now know all..Seems strange..thats all..I didnt mean to upset you

Didn't upset me at all . Just not sure why you'd suggest I lied about something ? I didn't know what music they played at that part of the day when posting then . I never claimed to know much about the station but I'm close to someone who does and they told me about the changes in the pipeline and as I stated its common knowledge amongst the staff . I don't get what the issue is ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

Didn't upset me at all . Just not sure why you'd suggest I lied about something ? I didn't know what music they played at that part of the day when posting then . I never claimed to know much about the station but I'm close to someone who does and they told me about the changes in the pipeline and as I stated its common knowledge amongst the staff . I don't get what the issue is ?

It must feel very unfair to the presenter that's doing the show now, to know so much in advance,that she is going to be replaced..

It must feel very unfair to the presenter that's doing the show now, to know so much in advance,that she is going to be replaced..

Yes couldn't agree more .

Yes couldn't agree more .

Has it been announced yet?

• Advertisement

Has the new guy started yet on 12 to 3 ? Or has it even been announced ?

They must have changed their minds:D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalmation 1

They must have changed their minds:D
    I had thought that they put carol on that slot 12 to 3 but then again i also hear theres another schedule change from July with Trudy Lalor doing a Sunday show

Theres a new guy from 12 to 3..Carol is on from 3 to 6....They change line up there an awful lot..Trudy Lawlor on there at weekends now.They must be trying a well known name to bring in the listeners.I dont think any other radio changes around so much.They dont seem to know what they are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 crazyoldcoot

They don't seem to have a clue what they're doing or what their line up is. But they've posted their new line up today on their website:
    tippfm[dot]com/TippFMSchedule.pdf

They don't seem to have a clue what they're doing or what their line up is. But they've posted their new line up today on their website:

They should give back the licence..Its clear they dont know who should be on when...It cant be that long since the girl on at 12 was on in the evening..and she is going back there now..Are all theses changes being made by the clare FM boss...Does anyone know what the listener numbers are for Clare FM...

• Advertisement

They should give back the licence..Its clear they dont know who should be on when...It cant be that long since the girl on at 12 was on in the evening..and she is going back there now..Are all theses changes being made by the clare FM boss...Does anyone know what the listener numbers are for Clare FM...

Best of luck to Eoin Lonergan .

Best of luck to Eoin Lonergan .

Is that the guy you said would be commuting from Dublin every day? It will be interesting to hear a new voice.

Is that the guy you said would be commuting from Dublin every day? It will be interesting to hear a new voice.

Yes but Owen has been on and off at the station for many years . At least since around 2011 . They are lucky to have signed him because there's very little talent floating around .

Yes but Owen has been on and off at the station for many years . At least since around 2011 . They are lucky to have signed him because there's very little talent floating around .

If they are lucky to have signed him,he must be a top presenter..look forward to hearing him so!! Is the guy he is replacing gone from the station?

No idea about who he's replacing .

Looking at the new schedule he seems to be replacing this Keith guy who was on afternoons... looks like he's been relegated to an hour on Tuesdays, Saturday mornings and an hour on Sundays, See 2 other new names there, Micky Mac and Liam Walsh... anyone know who they are?

Looking at the new schedule he seems to be replacing this Keith guy who was on afternoons... looks like he's been relegated to an hour on Tuesdays, Saturday mornings and an hour on Sundays, See 2 other new names there, Micky Mac and Liam Walsh... anyone know who they are?

Mickey mac is on clare fm..Just broadcast on Tipp FM the same time..probably the same with the other guy..and Clare FM share some of Tipps shows..just had a look at the Clare FM website

I dont hear much difference between the guy that is on 12/3 now,and the guy that used to do it..And the chat show is gone back to two hours..Backwards they are going I think!!!!!!!!

Backwards is right. No steps forwards, several back. And the jnlr figures only confirm that as theres been a constant slide for the last few years too. Was listening only a bit during the week as was out of range with work but going from bad to worse it seems. And from listening today they seem to have written off the weekends completley... wonder why the chat show was ever made 3 hours - although like so many changes they made last year they didnt stick with it. Wonder how this new lineup will work out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

Backwards is right. No steps forwards, several back. And the jnlr figures only confirm that as theres been a constant slide for the last few years too. Was listening only a bit during the week as was out of range with work but going from bad to worse it seems. And from listening today they seem to have written off the weekends completley... wonder why the chat show was ever made 3 hours - although like so many changes they made last year they didnt stick with it. Wonder how this new lineup will work out
    to compete with pat kenny going to newstalk. the two hour is for the summer

to compete with pat kenny going to newstalk. the two hour is for the summer

To compete with Pat Kenny...lol:rolleyes:

To compete with Pat Kenny...lol:rolleyes:
    ye don't like the poor old tippfmers

They had the guy who used to run cbc on . Very smug and full of himself with all he does and all he teaches in australia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

They had the guy who used to run cbc on . Very smug and full of himself with all he does and all he teaches in australia

What's his name?

What's his name?
    Gerry Gannon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Thank you

According to JNLR results, Tipp FM number 1 in Tipp again..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Expunge

Tipp FM enjoys a 33% listenership reach - that is 41,000 listeners tuning in each day.

That is up 1,000 listeners on the last book (3 months ago) but down 3,000 or 7% on 12 months ago, acording to the latest JNLR listenership figures.

You can have a look here:

http://www.ilevel.ie/media-blog/radio/102888-jnlr-2016q2-regionals-and-local

• Advertisement

Maybe he called in to help with the diction..That breakfast guy giving out the text number as..Oh 8 Tree... Tree..Dubble Wan..dubble tree dubble wan..

Advertisement