Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭EternalHope

The news team seem very professional so the elections should go well on their side. Not sure how they are going to cover it with the Tipp Today presenter. No personality in his voice at all.
    12.45 and still playing music. RTE election all morning. joke of a station

Talking to Sean Nyhans son..The reffered to his father,as the late Sean Nyhan...sloppy!!

I hear a change in the lunch time show..the two hours of country have gone...Maybe they looked on here,and changed;-)....I heard the breakfast guy say he is/was a stand up comedian...he should use that talent on the show..it would help...The joy of not being in charge of the work radio........

I hear a change in the lunch time show..the two hours of country have gone...Maybe they looked on here,and changed;-)....I heard the breakfast guy say he is/was a stand up comedian...he should use that talent on the show..it would help...The joy of not being in charge of the work radio........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

What's the breakfast show like? Haven't tuned in for ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Didn't know what music was being played but the only thing worse then playing Country n ' Irish music is suddenly stopping doing it ? What's their format ? Have they a format ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Expunge

What's the breakfast show like? Haven't tuned in for ages

An annoying, unfunny male/female duo who laugh a lot at the so called "humour" that they and their hillbilly texting listeners generate.

Much like all the other ones!

Expunge wrote: »
    An annoying, unfunny male/female duo who laugh a lot at the so called "humour" that they and their hillbilly texting listeners generate.

I hear the advert saying they are to celebrate 25 years on air.What did they sound lime 25 years ago..was it ant better than it is now..and if not..how did they survive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I hear the advert saying they are to celebrate 25 years on air.What did they sound lime 25 years ago..was it ant better than it is now..and if not..how did they survive?

Still remember that ****ing jingle 20+ years later.

Waking up with TippFm is the best thing. Tippfm in the morning its great fun oh 103.9 and 97.1 yeah. Do do do do Tippfm in the morning. Do do do do Tippfm in the morning

There was a lot more 80s/90s music and less didley eye and yeehaw music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Has the diddly eye and country output increased since merger with Clare ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

Has the diddly eye and country output increased since merger with Clare ?

It increased horrifically but has mercifully melted away again since Easter
    I think people must have left in despair to listen to Joe Duffy

Expunge wrote: »

It's like
    Female presenter: "Yeah I was watchin Corrie last night and didn't the dog suddenly jump up and knock de cup a tea all over de udder halves good pants!!!!!! He was absolutely scalded!!!! Hahahahahaha !!!"
    Other presenter: "Ya pair a mad yokes!!! Hahahahaha!!!!"

Some tech guy on the chat show yesterday morning talking about this great new app called Mobdro.....Jesus that around ages.....

Some tech guy on the chat show yesterday morning talking about this great new app called Mobdro.....Jesus that around ages.....

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Another bad set of listener figures for Tipp FM released yesterday. Market share down to 35% when it stood at nearly 55% as recently as 2012. This must impact on potential advertising?

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    Another bad set of listener figures for Tipp FM released yesterday. Market share down to 35% when it stood at nearly 55% as recently as 2012. This must impact on potential advertising?

They are saying the usual about the listener figures..They are delighted to be still number 1, and they are celebrating 25 years on air...So all is good with them ,it seems.

The whole afternoon yesterday was given over to Carol mercilessly reading "happy birthday TippFM" messages from listeners interspersed with breathless interviews with c-list country and western singers all of whom were "thrilled" to be performing at last nights birthday bash in the Dome in Thurles.
    Tedious, trite, delusional, lazy.This is no what local radio should be.

20% drop in share since 2012 ? Really ? Can't be right surely ?

The whole afternoon yesterday was given over to Carol mercilessly reading "happy birthday TippFM" messages from listeners interspersed with breathless interviews with c-list country and western singers all of whom were "thrilled" to be performing at last nights birthday bash in the Dome in Thurles.
    Tedious, trite, delusional,
    lazy.This is no what local radio
    should be.

What was it like 25 years ago when it started,do you know? I hope it was better than it is today,or it surely wouldnt have lasted this long..

What was it like 25 years ago when it started,do you know? I hope it was better than it is today,or it surely wouldnt have lasted this long..

I wasn't listening 25 years ago. I suppose I started listening 10 years ago because it's all that will tune in at work. It's disimproved over the years. For my own personal taste , hour after hour of Irish C&W is intolerable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Irish C&W is intolerable

Tony Brook for Taoiseach and someone from Tipp Mid West Radio for Tánaiste.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Has the new guy started yet on 12 to 3 ? Or has it even been announced ?

johnplayer wrote: »
    Has the new guy started yet on 12 to 3 ? Or has it even been announced ?

Well you seem to know more than the rest of us.who told you it was to be announced?..why the change?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Why the change? Have you seen the listener figures?

Sure Eoin . He's going to be commuting from Dublin every day . A few days he'll be live from Nenagh . Best of luck to him .

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    Why the change? Have you seen the listener figures?

They could change the whole days programming..some terrible presenting..that guy in the morning needs a diction lesson
    The guy doing the chat show must get a bonus,every time he uses "Where this is comcerned" he uses it that much...

Sure Eoin . He's going to be commuting from Dublin every day . A few days he'll be live from Nenagh . Best of luck to him .

Sure Eoin?..no change yet....Is it wrong information..or was the cat let out of the bag too early?

Sure Eoin?..no change yet....Is it wrong information..or was the cat let out of the bag too early?

Common knowledge within the Station .

Common knowledge within the Station .

A few pages back we were talking about the country music they were playing..You posted you didnt know what music they played..and you asked what was their format..now you kmow what is common knowledge within the station..

• Advertisement

A few pages back we were talking about the country music they were playing..You posted you didnt know what music they played..and you asked what was their format..now you kmow what is common knowledge within the station..

Yes Chakra Blue ? What's your point ? What do you need to know ?

Advertisement