Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

Maybe he called in to help with the diction..That breakfast guy giving out the text number as..Oh 8 Tree... Tree..Dubble Wan..dubble tree dubble wan..
    he is no great shakes himself. And their facebook says Gareth Brooks may be coming to Cork

scroll down at https://www.facebook.com/TippFMRadio/posts/402282056454083

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Maybe he called in to help with the diction..That breakfast guy giving out the text number as..Oh 8 Tree... Tree..Dubble Wan..dubble tree dubble wan..

Poor lad is from Laois where the accent is like the landscape.....flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

he is no great shakes himself. And their facebook says Gareth Brooks may be coming to Cork

scroll down at https://www.facebook.com/TippFMRadio/posts/402282056454083

He is no great shakes..Google him,see what he does for a living,and his past CV..You wont last long in that kind of career,if you have bad diction..I think you mistake smug with confidence...But confidence is a dirty word in Ireland,its more of an "Ah sure twill do" attitude that is in the DNA....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

He is no great shakes..Google him,see what he does for a living,and his past CV..You wont last long in that kind of career,if you have bad diction..I think you mistake smug with confidence...But confidence is a dirty word in Ireland,its more of an "Ah sure twill do" attitude that is in the DNA....

How ya Gerry :-)

People with real confidence have no need to boast about what they did and taught. Smug and full of one self is a cover up

• Advertisement

People with real confidence have no need to boast about what they did and taught. Smug and full of one self is a cover up

Ah sure you are spot on there Jenny:)

Some days it sounds like radio Cashel...It seems a lot of phone calls taken live ,are Cashel people,that the presenter knows very well?

The girl on this week insists on reading the 'says in the papers' . I see no point in that

On breakfast this morning ,,they were talking about GAA allstars,and saying Tipp had jewel players?...Whats a jewel player?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Dual Player is someone who plays both Hurling and Football .

• Advertisement

johnplayer wrote: »
    Dual Player is someone who plays both Hurling and Football .

It was the diction I was pointing out again..How difficult is it to say the word Dual:D....They leave out the TH on words,and put them where they shouldnt be at all..I would have thought diction would be a big factor,for getting a job like radio...dis dat dese and doze are alive and well in Tipp!!!!!

It was the diction I was pointing out again..How difficult is it to say the word Dual:D....They leave out the TH on words,and put them where they shouldnt be at all..I would have thought diction would be a big factor,for getting a job like radio...dis dat dese and doze are alive and well in Tipp!!!!!
    They all leave out the i in junior and senior too. Senor hurling:D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Driving right now in Galway . Picked up Tipp Fm on 103.4 . How's that possible ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,444 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

johnplayer wrote: »
    Driving right now in Galway . Picked up Tipp Fm on 103.4 . How's that possible ?

Prob receiving it from masts for Clare FM (joint with Tipp)?

Tipp FM are still number 1 in JNLR figures....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

How?

we heard you the third time:D

we heard you the third time:D

Always happens when I use my phone to post..dont know why,but I managed to delete two now :-)

Always happens when I use my phone to post..dont know why,but I managed to delete two now :-)
    :D:D

It seems all the competitions on the chat show in the morning can only be entered if you interact with the station by text,to comment on what subject the are talking about..Is this the only way they can get someone to listen that time of day?

• Advertisement

It seems all the competitions on the chat show in the morning can only be entered if you interact with the station by text,to comment on what subject the are talking about..Is this the only way they can get someone to listen that time of day?
    That is probably how they get their listeners at any time. I believe if one rings in a comment they are asked "do you want to go on air?"

That is probably how they get their listeners at any time. I believe if one rings in a comment they are asked "do you want to go on air?"

That would explain a lot about the quality of some on air callers alright..

most of them

most of them

Ye are very hard on the people working in the station..would ye not think they are doing their best..It is a local station,serving the local community,and that is why they get the licence everytime..They couldnt be number one,if people didnt listen...They have the best presenters that tipperary has to offer,so that is why they are number one!

Ye are very hard on the people working in the station..would ye not think they are doing their best..It is a local station,serving the local community,and that is why they get the licence everytime..They couldnt be number one,if people didnt listen...They have the best presenters that tipperary has to offer,so that is why they are number one!
    who wrote
    ?
    They couldnt be number one,if people didnt listen...They have the best presenters that tipperary has to offer,so that is why they are number one!
    number 1 in tipp? and how many stations are in Tipp? If you look at rte they will spin the statistics to say they are number 1

who wrote ?
    number 1 in tipp? and how many stations are in Tipp? If you look at rte they will spin the statistics to say they are number 1

That post was full to the top with sarcasm..;-)...

who wrote ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

A lot of stations can be received in Tipperary. I can think of a half dozen off the top of my head and I'm sure there are more.
    As for RTE or any of the other stations putting a spin as you call it on the statistics, what exactly do you expect. Anyone in business is going to pick the positives from any situation.
    That's the difference between business people and hurlers on the ditch who have the comfort of been able to criticise everything without having to put forward an alternative idea.

A lot of stations can be received in Tipperary. I can think of a half dozen off the top of my head and I'm sure there are more.
    As for RTE or any of the other stations putting a spin as you call it on the statistics, what exactly do you expect. Anyone in business is going to pick the positives from any situation.
    That's the difference between business people and hurlers on the ditch who have the comfort of been able to criticise everything without having to put forward an alternative idea.
    Tipp FM spin it too. Just because someone is ,as you say ,hurlers on the ditch does not mean they can not have an opinion. And how do you know who is and is not a business person?

• Advertisement

now that is bold:D

Advertisement