Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Census.

Options
  • 23-04-2016 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else not get a form or is it just me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

That's a shame, you'd love it.
    Loads of questions on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well if that's the case you better get in touch right now or you'll be arrested.
    The next census will take place on Sunday April 24th, 2016. Everybody present in the country next Sunday night is legally required to be included in the Census.

Census enumerators are currently visiting every home in Ireland to deliver census forms. Every home and apartment should now have a Census Form. If you haven’t received yours, you must:
    Freetext the word FORM to 50400
    Visit our helpdesk at census.ie or
    LoCall 1850 20 16 04.

When you fill in your census form on this night, you’re giving us the information we need now to understand what Ireland needs for the future. So when you get your form, please keep it safe and ready for census night.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Well if that's the case you better get in touch right now or you'll be arrested.

You only get arrested for refusing to fill it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Don't think chatbots have to fill them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I filled it in already. Is that cheating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭wawaman

The Raptor wrote: »
    I filled it in already. Is that cheating

If they find out just put Marty mcflys name on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I didn't get one... My enumerator left a message on my door on Tuesday saying she would be round between "10 and 8 this week" and to ring if I was unavailable. I was available had she called between 6 and 8 any day but she didn't.
    My defense if questioned will be my enumerators lack of precision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    That's a shame, you'd love it.
    Loads of questions on it!

TBH looking at some of the questions, you would think Kneemos actually wrote it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

TBH looking at some of the questions, you would think Kneemos actually wrote it.

Can dogs look up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

He did ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

i didnt get a form either. Rang the number and got no answer. No idea why i need to speak to the lad delivering it. Just put it in my letterbox and ill fill it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

My dog ate the enumerator.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

How do you find out when the house was built? :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

You could look at old ordinance survey maps of your area.

On the basis though that might take a bit of time though, you could just guess.

i didnt get a form either. Rang the number and got no answer. No idea why i need to speak to the lad delivering it. Just put it in my letterbox and ill fill it in.

There are details he needs to get from you when he drops it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Can't understand in this day and age why the form can't be completed online. Would be so much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,147 ✭✭✭✭L1011

murpho999 wrote: »
    Can't understand in this day and age why the form can't be completed online. Would be so much easier.

Next time around, allegedly. If you believe the Indo, which isn't the best idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,770 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I guessed. I only moved in a year ago and I'm renting so how would I know?

Filled it out the night I got it (which was only because the woman arrived just as I was getting out of the car - no one else in the block answered the doorbell) but most of the questions are very basic - except when they ask for your job title, salary and employers name and address.

Interestingly though there's no way (as a single man) to indicate that I have a child though. Seems single fathers get ignored completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Filled it out the night I got it (which was only because the woman arrived just as I was getting out of the car - no one else in the block answered the doorbell) but most of the questions are very basic - except when they ask for your job title, salary and employers name and address.

Interestingly though there's no way (as a single man) to indicate that I have a child though. Seems single fathers get ignored completely.

Well it's about who's in your house that night not other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

There are details he needs to get from you when he drops it off.

Like what?? im giving all my details on the bloody form?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

murpho999 wrote: »
    Well it's about who's in your house that night not other stuff.

But they ask women how many children they have had even if they aren't in the house.

My enumerator gave my form to my mom (and next door neighbour). She said they have to try and meet the person a certain number of times before they can just leave it in the post box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

If they don't deliver it then that is the states problem, maybe they should hire more competent people next time. I didn't get one either. Not surprised though given the absolute muppets that were put in charge of it in my area. The same people who got the general election nixer, part of a local TDs entourage. Could I care less? absolutely not. It's not my problem useless people can't do a simple job.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

if it's a question about childbirth it hardly applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I hate the census. Government asks too many questions with it.
    Like I get to a certain degree, stuff gets used for how many schools should be in an area etc. But then there's questions that's going to far.

Might as well lie on the bloody thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I hate the census. Government asks too many questions with it.
    Like I get to a certain degree, stuff gets used for how many schools should be in an area etc. But then there's questions that's going to far.

Might as well lie on the bloody thing.

My grandad could write on the 1901 census but he couldn't on the 1911 one.....:p

Like what?? im giving all my details on the bloody form?

How many in the house normally, gender and contact details for collecting it including your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I'm flying out of the country next Sunday so I don't have to fill out the census. Pah! I don't want them knowing where I live

I'm flying out of the country next Sunday so I don't have to fill out the census. Pah! I don't want them knowing where I live

There is a form you can fill out saying you're out of the country. Its a shorter form. Ask your enumerator when he calls back...or just fill it in anyway.
    Its a legal requirement so its a case of either form or possible prosecution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

What happens if a house is empty on the night? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

There is a form you can fill out saying you're out of the country. Its a shorter form. Ask your enumerator when he calls back...or just fill it in anyway.
    Its a legal requirement so its a case of either form or possible prosecution.

I have no letterbox, I don't recognize letters, they're dangerous things.

Advertisement