Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Census.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm very uncomfortable having to give my work address and other private information. How does me leaving the house at X time to go to work help them in the future? Gonna get me a magic carpet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

What happens if ya can't find out when house was built?

I'm very uncomfortable having to give my work address and other private information. How does me leaving the house at X time to go to work help them in the future? Gonna get me a magic carpet?

Public transport, roads, infrastructure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

It says on the first page of the form.

Just scribble the box you've made a mistake in. And mark the correct one as you normally would again.

And what if ya write wrong thing in box that has no other box?! Where do ya write the correct answer then?!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It doesnt ask your work address

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

"Everyone in the country is legally required to fill it out"

How are they going to know if I don't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Section 34?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

It does. Just had 'discussion' with Mr Sam over that very question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yes it does, question 34,
    All its short of asking me is my bowel movements last known

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Lookit,if they can get to the President they can get to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

What happens if ya can't find out when house was built?

I don't know, I guessed it.

And quite frankly, how are we supposed to know these things?!

And what if ya write wrong thing in box that has no other box?! Where do ya write the correct answer then?!?

Just scribble the whole form. ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 22,279 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Just remember, folks, you're not catholic. If you don't believe the bread and wine literally and actually, not figuratively and/or metaphorically, turns to the resurrected body and blood of a 2000 year old zombie carpenter, you're not catholic.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I didn't one either and just realised now that it's to be filled out tonight, I text that 50400 number and got an automatic reply saying "A CSO representative will phone you soon to arrange Census Form delivery" so that's my part done as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I'm struggling with how I'd describe my general healthy. It's varies between "Very Good" and "Good". The aul back gives me trouble the odd time. Would I be safe to go with "Very Good" I wonder.......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I don't know, I guessed it.

And quite frankly, how are we supposed to know these things?!

You you own the house? if so you will have the deeds.

The other way to find out is simply to on to your council website and check the planning permission pages, type in your estate/road name

example

http://www.eplanning.ie/WaterfordCCC/searchtypes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

They need to know where you work or go to school to calculate the daytime population of an area which is very different from the nighttime population.

The enumerator doesn't give a flying fcuk what you put on the form, as long as it's filled out correctly. They have hundreds of forms to collect and lots of personal abuse to put up with.

However, if you don't fill out the form correctly it will be sent back to the enumerator who will have to return it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

The last census was 2011. I remember another census a few years before that too but I can't remember the year. Would it have been 2008? Or given that it's been 5 years from the last census, would it have been about 2006?

Has census always taken place in Ireland every 5 years. It's just I cannot remember census forms in my teens or early 20s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The last census was 2011. I remember another census a few years before that too but I can't remember the year. Would it have been 2008? Or given that it's been 5 years from the last census, would it have been about 2006?

Has census always taken place in Ireland every 5 years. It's just I cannot remember census forms in my teens or early 20s.

Your parents most likely filled it in and didn't ask your input!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Am I the only one who filled out a couple of weeks ago?

• Advertisement

You you own the house? if so you will have the deeds.

The other way to find out is simply to on to your council website and check the planning permission pages, type in your estate/road name

example

You think if I owned the house I would have asked that question?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Can't decide if I speak Irish or not, I was taught it alright, didn't pick up much of it since I couldn't hold a conversation in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Agricola wrote: »
    I'm struggling with how I'd describe my general healthy. It's varies between "Very Good" and "Good". The aul back gives me trouble the odd time. Would I be safe to go with "Very Good" I wonder.......................

My back gives me trouble as well. I put very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

NO CONTRACT!!

NO CONSENT!!

No clue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Its a conspiracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

endacl wrote: »
    Just remember, folks, you're not catholic. If you don't believe the bread and wine literally and actually, not figuratively and/or metaphorically, turns to the resurrected body and blood of a 2000 year old zombie carpenter, you're not catholic.

:pac:

and if you ever used contraception you are definitely not a catholic;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I'm having problems pinning down the ethnicity and cultural identity question.
    I've done a fair bit of travelling but not really a big drinker, lived in other counties, go a bit blue in the cold, the odd freckle, eat food from several different countries especially Asian but not really feeling it for just ONE of the available options.
    Can I put pasty white Earthling instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Is nationality the same as citizenship, i.e. if I could potentially claim a citizenship in a country (not Ireland; I don't qualify for Ireland) by parentage according to that country's laws, do I have that nationality even though I did not actually apply for citizenship in that country?

Would only a Yank like me seriously ask such a dumb question and expect a cogent answer? :D

I see an option for "no nationality" but I thought that might be for people whose birth countries no longer exist as countries in their own right.

( ) Check here if I am totally overthinking this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

wil wrote: »
    I'm having problems pinning down the ethnicity and cultural identity question.
    I've done a fair bit of travelling but not really a big drinker, lived in other counties, go a bit blue in the cold, the odd freckle, eat food from several different countries especially Asian but not really feeling it for just ONE of the available options.
    Can I put pasty white Earthling instead?

Is "Eurotrash" a cultural identity? :D

(only kidding! I'd have to put "ugly American" lol))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Speedwell wrote: »
    Is nationality the same as citizenship, i.e. if I could potentially claim a citizenship in a country (not Ireland; I don't qualify for Ireland) by parentage according to that country's laws, do I have that nationality even though I did not actually apply for citizenship in that country?

Would only a Yank like me seriously ask such a dumb question and expect a cogent answer? :D

I see an option for "no nationality" but I thought that might be for people whose birth countries no longer exist as countries in their own right.

( ) Check here if I am totally overthinking this.
    I'm guessing nationality would be as granted.

Well until Trump gets elected and your claimed country hasn't yet ceased to exist, have you considered "States-less" ;)

Advertisement