Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Census.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Jesus people, my great grandfather filled this thing in 1911 with no light or running water or Internet for asking silly questions.

No bother to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Jesus people, my great grandfather filled this thing in 1911 with no light or running water or Internet for asking silly questions.

No bother to him.

But the difference was that he was able to read the questions and think for himself.
    A trait that seems to have been lost as we have evolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

What's with the yes and no questions, It should be assumed no and you have to say yes. Pointless.. I don't list in life what I don't suffer from that would be ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

No bother to him.

But he suddenly became illiterate that year so would have had help.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭flashforward

If you are a chartered accountant or a nurse who qualified as a SRN 'State registered Nurse' from the 70's/80's what do you put down your 'Highest level of education obtained to date'?

Leaving cert???
    These people did not do a level 6/7/8/9 course so what do they put down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Four of us in the house. Two of them got their mammy to fill it up at their parents home. Other is at her fathers house. So just me to fill it up here. Will do it tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭CFlat

If you are a chartered accountant or a nurse who qualified as a SRN 'State registered Nurse' from the 70's/80's what do you put down your 'Highest level of education obtained to date'?

Leaving cert???
    These people did not do a level 6/7/8/9 course so what do they put down?

Without delay, pop over to your neighbours house and let them figure it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

The FIL just filled it out & had an absolute Canary when I put down 'Jedi' as my religion & scribbled it out, think I'll move out tomorrow...

hytrogen wrote: »
    The FIL just filled it out & had an absolute Canary when I put down 'Jedi' as my religion & scribbled it out, think I'll move out tomorrow...

Are you a follower of a religion called Jedi though?
    A practising follower?

If not, why not just put no religion on the form?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,370 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I live outside a small enough town and we always know the person doing the census. I was thinking that to myself if they were a nosy busy body couldn't they tell everybody all the information you filled out.
    Having read it again I relies now I could nearly fill out the census for a lot of people living around me.

• Advertisement

No bother to him.

On the upside for your great grandfather TBM, there's two questions he didn't have to answer 1) Are you on mains electricity and 2)do you get water from well, mains or group water scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Barlett

Filled it in there and put down Roman Catholic as my religion....what a time to be alive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

CFlat wrote: »
    On the upside for your great grandfather TBM, there's two questions he didn't have to answer 1) Are you on mains electricity and 2)do you get water from well, mains or group water scheme.

1.Possibly are you storing weapons for a future rebellion
    2. How many members of your household have we sent to Australia

1.Possibly are you storing weapons for a future rebellion
    2. How many members of your household have we sent to Australia

3. If you have a job do you 1) walk to work, 2)cycle 3) take horse and cart or 4) get an old wheel off a bike, a stick and roll it to work.

3. If you have a job do you 1) walk to work, 2)cycle 3) take horse and cart or 4) get an old wheel off a bike, a stick and roll it to work.

5) how often have you been beaten by your local constabulary
    6) how great is our current king 1. Amazing 2. Brilliant 3. Fantastic 4. Superb
    7. How much money do you make:______ 1. Send it to us.

Barlett wrote: »
    Filled it in there and put down Roman Catholic as my religion....what a time to be alive!

The gaggle of pitch fork atheists approach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

More likely the man didn't get asked do you have an internet connection and faced with answering:

Yes, boadband connection
    Yes, other connection
    No

And left wondering what does a sh1tty mobile phone service come in under.

****ty = other ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

More likely the man didn't get asked do you have an internet connection and faced with answering:

Yes, boadband connection
    Yes, other connection
    No

And left wondering what does a sh1tty mobile phone service come in under.

This post has been deleted.

Question 25 was straight forward and we marked the box down by 3. It's question 26 we are stuck on. What is the main field of study of the highest qualification you have completed to date. (Exclude secondary school qualifications).

• Advertisement

Or this one,
    What time do you leave for work???

Well, seeing as I work shifts, a different time everyday. Which isn't an option!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Name: I don't even know
    Sex: maybe

bubblypop wrote: »
    Or this one,

Well, seeing as I work shifts, a different time everyday. Which isn't an option!

It's for the criminals. Need to know when your house is free so they can go to work.

Name: I don't even know
    Sex: maybe

Are you drunk again Lexie?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

You think if I owned the house I would have asked that question?

We own our house and have a vague idea of when it was built. Only moved here two years ago so should probably remember! No idea where any of the paperwork is either.
    Just took a guess :o

bubblypop wrote: »
    Or this one,

I don't think the census cater's very well for long term unemployed people. I was filling in the form tonight for 3 of us. One is unemployed for a few years. He did a FAS course since and worked abroad for a bit but hasn't actually worked here in Ireland at what he did at FAS. So question 30, what is your occupation. They expect unemployed people to fill this too. So I suppose, what you usually do if you were in employment. So do I put down a job he had many years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

My missus filled out our form few weeks back, she also filled out her parent one and her uncles one ( gluten for punichment), so ive no idea of the exact questions on the form BUT those with temporary overseas visitors .... why are ye drawing extra work upon yourselves? Surely u just leave them off the form ie nothing to see here kinda job?!?

My brkther the cheeky fecker went home for the weekend so my parents had to add him on their form :p

bubblypop wrote:
    Are you a follower of a religion called Jedi though? A practising follower?
    If not, why not just put no religion on the form?
    Good question, While I may not be a practising Jedi as some may expect, I see it as the closest comparable order that comes in line with my philosophical perspective on life and our beautiful universe.
    Nor was the gesture an act of revolt or atheism, just a passive comment to pigeonhole my beliefs as a silly little form wanted.

I don't think the census cater's very well for long term unemployed people. I was filling in the form tonight for 3 of us. One is unemployed for a few years. He did a FAS course since and worked abroad for a bit but hasn't actually worked here in Ireland at what he did at FAS. So question 30, what is your occupation. They expect unemployed people to fill this too. So I suppose, what you usually do if you were in employment. So do I put down a job he had many years ago.

Fill in the option for employed / unemployed / student & then skip the last part for place & address of employment / school etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

There's no 'i don't know' option. Do i tick roman catholic because i celebrate Christmas. Except for last Christmas where i skipped it and had less hassle from family. I didn't even have a tree. What am I?

Advertisement