Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS GO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

My mouse after a little over a year and a half:

KqAH3MG.jpg

Disappointing stuff for a mouse that cost me about 65 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

My Razer Deathadder still looks brand new :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

My Logitech MX is a bit faded after about 2-3 years of sweaty palms during clutch moments :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Your mouse looks like it's been hopped off stuff. You sure you don't have anger issues???

Your mouse looks like it's been hopped off stuff. You sure you don't have anger issues???

Nope not at all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I hear salt is highly corrosive in large quantities :pac:

Seriously what the feck did you do to that mouse. My 10 year old MX518 still looks like new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Just bought a new laptop that has a Core i5 6200u processor, 8gb of ram and an SSD... will it run CS:GO comfortably?

Any graphics card? Might struggle if it's only on board graphics. The rest of the specs are more than enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Any graphics card? Might struggle if it's only on board graphics. The rest of the specs are more than enough

Yeah depends on the graphics, but with on board you should be able to play with low settings.

Just on-board Intel graphics. So whatever the current native platform is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Not a csgo player but when I got hold of my new mouse "The Final Mouse" and 144hz gsync screen I just had to try it again, was pulling off way more headshots thus doing a lot better than I did before,makes a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

VAC incoming
    Rly?

hahaha Wall Bang , get banged

I hear salt is highly corrosive in large quantities :pac:

Seriously what the feck did you do to that mouse. My 10 year old MX518 still looks like new.

Nothing out of the ordinary :(

I genuinely have no idea why this is happening and ZOWIE won't help here. The only thing I can think of - My mother is a bit of a clean freak. She has more than likely cleaned it a number of times with whatever disinfectant cleaner she can get her hands on. This probably wore away the paint work.

However, with that in mind - My previous mouse was a Logitech G9 which I had for about 6 years. I only replaced it because it would randomly turn off / turn on again but in terms of aesthetics it was still perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I can't get over the frequency with which this games attracts abusive little assholes who feel free to scream abuse at everyone on their team for not doing exactly what they want or expected. It really makes it hard to enjoy a game when you've got some nasty little idiot calling everyone a faggot for the slightest thing.

Zillah wrote: »
    I can't get over the frequency with which this games attracts abusive little assholes who feel free to scream abuse at everyone on their team for not doing exactly what they want or expected. It really makes it hard to enjoy a game when you've got some nasty little idiot calling everyone a faggot for the slightest thing.

Yeah had a horrific game earlier. Two guys just at each other for the whole game. I shocks me how some people don't realise that in a team game, it is a bad idea to berate your team mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Also had a game there late last Saturday where we decided to matchmake as 3. Get teamed with 2 Russians who were premades too. Grand. But they literally gave out no calls for the entire game, 1 kept rushing mid straight into lower (dust 2) and getting annihilated. Eventually, they started trash talking us and one started giving away our positions in global chat so we just threw the game/tried to piss him off. Never gonna matchmake as 3 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yeah had a horrific game earlier. Two guys just at each other for the whole game. I shocks me how some people don't realise that in a team game, it is a bad idea to berate your team mates.

That's the most incredible part: half the time they are screaming abuse at people for not playing as a team in exactly the fashion they want them to. Yeah, mate, calling your own teammates a bunch of noob cocksuckers is really going to enourage them to cooperate with you.

Also, Counter Strike has made me racist against Russians. I can't help it. They're a horrible people.

Which is exactly why I rarely ever queue without a full lobby. Odds are we're going to get a Russian on our team and in my 1300 hours I have yet to meet a nice Russian. If not a Russian then probably someone with a horrible microphone or no microphone at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Just on-board Intel graphics. So whatever the current native platform is.

I play with a Skylake NUC with i5 (so current gen, and Intel Iris 540) and while the graphics aren't as pretty as some of the youtube videos out there, it's perfectly playable, at 1080p

• Advertisement

Dardania wrote: »
    I play with a Skylake NUC with i5 (so current gen, and Intel Iris 540) and while the graphics aren't as pretty as some of the youtube videos out there, it's perfectly playable, at 1080p

good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

So I decided to buy this to see what everyone is so interested in.
    Think it's gonna take me a while to get used to.
    I played some casual matches for a while last night. First thing I heard was Russians. Russians everywhere. <maybe not actual Russians but very similar accents :P>
    But bloody hell. Non stop yammer. There really does seem to be some kids on it who really want to be heard. Seriously not getting enough attention IRL.
    Then there are the fools who think it's ok to blare music down their mic for half a round. Took me a while but figure out how to mute someone but eventually found it. Much better.
    Game itself - need a while to get used to the weapons. I'd consider myself a decent enough fps player. Not amazing by any means but I can kill someone with a PDW if he's standing with his back to me 5 yards away... Apparently not in this game at times... He'll manage to turn around and spray me down anyway...
    Then at the same time I can down someone with a pistol in 2 shots across the map.
    As I said, gonna need a lot more practice with the weapons to find out what works well in what situation.
    Must admit though I did enjoy the few hours I played yesterday.

Is there anything in particular I should know as a complete newb to it though? :)

Test out how moving and shooting affects your accuracy. If you stand still and fire, the first few bullets will go straight and then they will follow a predictable pattern (if you go full auto). However if you are running and shooting, the bullets will go absolutely anywhere.

yeah there are some good maps in the workshop like

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=243702660
    which will help you practice against bots , and

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=419404847
    which will help you see the recoil patterns and learn spray control for the weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

There were two things I struggled with moving from COD.

1. Shooting from stationary is vital.
    2. You wanna have your mouse sensitivity very very low.

errlloyd wrote: »
    There were two things I struggled with moving from COD.

1. Shooting from stationary is vital.
    2. You wanna have your mouse sensitivity very very low.

3. Check corners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Cheers lads.

Coming from BF4, not COD. Mouse sensitivity was always pretty low there so will keep it the same and just tweak in the in game setting until it suits.
    The stationary shooting it probably what is getting me. I'm used to dancing while shooting so I'll need to practice that a bit.
    Observation is a big thing too. One thing I noticed was that even if some blokes head is barely above ground, say on a ramp or such, he can shoot through it even though his gun would be lower. I know some games shoot from the eyes rather than the gun so to speak.. I assume this is one of them?
    Learning where people commonly stand is just something that will take time I guess. I was getting used to that somewhat yesterday.
    Seems Dust is everyone's favorite map. Any time a vote came up it was selected so I'm getting used to that place fairly quick. I'll be screwed when another one gets played :D

Surprised nobody has mentioned the new update yet...

• Advertisement

Noxin wrote: »
    Cheers lads.

Coming from BF4, not COD. Mouse sensitivity was always pretty low there so will keep it the same and just tweak in the in game setting until it suits.
    The stationary shooting it probably what is getting me. I'm used to dancing while shooting so I'll need to practice that a bit.
    Observation is a big thing too. One thing I noticed was that even if some blokes head is barely above ground, say on a ramp or such, he can shoot through it even though his gun would be lower. I know some games shoot from the eyes rather than the gun so to speak.. I assume this is one of them?
    Learning where people commonly stand is just something that will take time I guess. I was getting used to that somewhat yesterday.
    Seems Dust is everyone's favorite map. Any time a vote came up it was selected so I'm getting used to that place fairly quick. I'll be screwed when another one gets played :D

Yeah bullets are shot from peoples foreheads, so you can play headshot positions and still shoot.

Some guns have better movement accuracy than others , pistol and submachine guns are run a gun weapons. What you'll have to get used to doing is stopping your movement before firing. If you have a dynamic crosshair it'll expand to the area where bullets will spread to.

And about this update.. inferno is one of my favorite maps, i dislike the new nuke. I wonder how many teams will actually make strats for it, or will it just be constantly banned in the major.

Advertisement