Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS GO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Zillah wrote: »
    How do people actually organise all getting on to the same server together at the same time?

Anyway I'm MG2 but won't get involved until I get my new mic headset next week.

usually play weeknights after 8, usually we both on then yea cool add me up when your set, sure ill be on tonight late, as i have a match tomorrow so im staying in, if you want a few games - no mic needed :)

edit: in regards setting up a party - follow the above! not much too it ha!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

For competitive you invite people to a party and queue together. For public you can click to join their game or they can share the ip with console commands.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Orizio wrote: »
    Yeah Freak was pretty tame. He is actually a pretty **** ****-talker. Pretty funny that S1mple had no idea who was speaking to him. :pac:

Anyway C9 slowly losing their reputation, both Freak and S2K look like turds after the last week.

http://cloud9.gg/news/freakazoid-apology
    Previously, we have not had to deal with a situation like this within the Cloud9 CS:GO team. After much discussion we have decided the best course of action is to fine Ryan an entire month’s salary and to donate 50% of that amount to PACER's National Bullying Prevention Center and 50% to the Born This Way Foundation to support awareness and action against bullying. Additionally, Ryan will be attending an anti-bullying seminar in Los Angeles, CA hosted by PACER. We strongly encourage our players to set a positive example whenever possible and we hope that this seminar will better enable Ryan to provide aid to his friends in an acceptable manner.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

tazzzZ wrote: »

Best I've ever had was when the Famas Styx first came out...think it was minimal wear or factory new!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I am actually so sick of being put on a team with four Russians. They have no problem waffling away to each other the whole game, and if you mute them then you miss the occasional useful thing they say. I swear, it must think I am in Moscow. I've literally never heard anyone from the UK, barely ever any Western European countries at all. It's always Russian and Eastern Europe, sometimes Turkish. I've used Maddada's Matchmaking Tool to limit it to Luxembourg but it doesn't help. What I find really weird, though, is that most other people on my team often seem to be the same language. Like, one time I was on a team with four other Romanians (not the same clan, though I suppose it could be a group of friends). Same happened with Turks.

I don't understand why they won't let me just play with Irish/UK people. It's not like there isn't enough of a population for matchmaking. I would try to Madrid server but it's consistently 100+ ping for some reason. I just don't get why there isn't a UK server.

Crawled my way back up to LEM from MGE somehow by solo queuing. It's strange. I don't feel like I've gotten any better.

Watched the Counter Pit comp hosted in Zagreb recently. This is actually the funniest shít I've ever seen

http://zorkz.ovh/eventsoundboard/

and Thorin at his best

https://secure.twitch.tv/counterpit/v/54932292?t=08h03m03s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Watched the Counter Pit comp hosted in Zagreb recently. This is actually the funniest shít I've ever seen

http://zorkz.ovh/eventsoundboard/

and Thorin at his best

https://secure.twitch.tv/counterpit/v/54932292?t=08h03m03s

Dunno if I can handle all five minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Anyone here ever use kickback.com?

Started using it today and it's actually been pretty cool. You get some free site currency when you sign up to play a few games so there is no obligation to deposit.

Game #1: Deagle only against someone who was also new to kickback. He was probably slightly better than me and after asking him I found out he was LE. It was pretty close until he disconnected meaning I won by default. He probably would have won.

Game #2: M4A4 only. Not sure what rank this guy was but I ended up winning 9-2 pretty convincingly.

Game #3: M4A4 only again. After a pretty sick first round victory I ended up losing 1-9. Countless rounds I somehow did ~90 in 4 hits and he would kill me with two bullets. This is what I get for not warming up.

Game #4: M4A1-S only. Ended up winning this 9-1 pretty convincingly after he destroyed me in the first round. I told him I was I MGE and he said, and I quote: idk what this is IM STOUPOD

If anyone wants to sign up to kickback it would be great if you used my affiliate link. We both get an extra 50 rubies so it's a win/win! :)
    http://kickback.com/invite/Danger781

Got another Deagle 1v1 vs a Polish fella, rekt him and got called Kurwa. Feelsgoodman.

Then finally got an AWP battle. Was back and forth round after round. He would win one, I would win one. Ended up at 7-7 and I got the last two to win it. That was the most fun so far! :)

I'm curious how kickback determine what your skill level is. From what I can see they just decide based on number of games played.

Guess I got lucky in my first few games because I'm consistently getting rekt now. Way too many deagle 1v1s, literally about 75% of my games are deagle and I lose them all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

that has to be mostly hackers on there

How do I break out of the great silver expanse of ****ness. I don't play very regularly and it seems my rank deteriorates or something. I'm silver three and this week I've never finished a match with less than thirty kills, never lost and never not been top. Can't seem to rank up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

errlloyd wrote: »
    How do I break out of the great silver expanse of ****ness. I don't play very regularly and it seems my rank deteriorates or something. I'm silver three and this week I've never finished a match with less than thirty kills, never lost and never not been top. Can't seem to rank up.

Its not kills, afaik the system works by calculating the amount of rounds the two teams should win. What this means is that a 16-0 gets you far more "elo" than a 16-14. yes you could be winning games , but are they close? You also get awarded more "elo" for MVPs. MVP's work strangely. yes you score 30 kills but how many mvp? you could get a 4 kill round and lose and be rewarded no "elo".. the system is pretty weird... I would recommend queuing with people who are a rank or two above.

I ranked up from LEM to SUP today on this match today, we were a 5man premade... MM is absolutely bonkers...
    381357.jpg

I actually just need to rank up once more, I've two mates who play and at the moment the rank gap is too big to lobby up, (the skill gap isn't massive though)

I didn't realise mvp was so important. Kind of stupid becuase it promotes negative play, like kill hunting and stealing defuses etc. I've been getting a lot of them anyway.

I don't quite understand the screenshot, your team is much better ranked then the op, so you didn't gain much despite winning comfortably?

I didn't realise mvp was so important. Kind of stupid becuase it promotes negative play, like kill hunting and stealing defuses etc. I've been getting a lot of them anyway.
    Depends on the situation. Kill hunting can make an awful lot of sense if the other team has crap economy. It's not always "negative play".
    I don't quite understand the screenshot, your team is much better ranked then the op, so you didn't gain much despite winning comfortably?
    Basically he shouldn't really have ranked up to SMFC by beating a bunch of GN1/2's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

papu wrote: »
    Its not kills, afaik the system works by calculating the amount of rounds the two teams should win. What this means is that a 16-0 gets you far more "elo" than a 16-14. yes you could be winning games , but are they close? You also get awarded more "elo" for MVPs. MVP's work strangely. yes you score 30 kills but how many mvp? you could get a 4 kill round and lose and be rewarded no "elo".. the system is pretty weird... I would recommend queuing with people who are a rank or two above.

I ranked up from LEM to SUP today on this match today, we were a 5man premade... MM is absolutely bonkers...
    381357.jpg

Lol @ that balance.

You must have been super close to the threshold as even winning 16-0 against them can't have gotten you that much elo.

• Advertisement

I actually just need to rank up once more, I've two mates who play and at the moment the rank gap is too big to lobby up, (the skill gap isn't massive though)

you could try play faceit then , after a few matches you automatically get get ranked , but it doesn't ever stop you playing with higher ranks , it just automatically matches the elo of the teams.
    the servers are also 128tick and it seems to be a little less toxic than MM.

well it promotes doing the objective, its not perfect but its better than the RWS system that esea uses, which promotes baiting. Nobody wants to entry on esea as poor k/d will mean crappy rws.

The screenshot shows how messed up MM system can be , there was no reason that those two teams should have been matched , and no reason why two of us (LEM) ranked to Supreme on that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I actually ranked up the other day to MG2 again. Took about 2-3 months to do it tho...next stop, MGE!

I'm not sure why people care about getting ranked up, though. Are you finding your current games too easy?

I understand there is a phenomenon whereby people will actually pay others to use their account and get them ranked up for them. What on Earth is the point? Surely the second you take over you'll be stuck in games where you are outclassed and derank pretty quickly?

I imagine they avoid games to simply display their rank on their profile. It;s the same a any status symbol and is across all games. They would then use it like "haha you are only x rank noob, I am x+1 you ****ter"

Many people do beleive they deserve the better rank though, and in a team based game others can help carry them to keep them up there.

381357.jpg

Do you have any proof that ELO is awarded for MVPs?

This is the best I've found:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=260702087

Nobody really knows how it works except for valve. Plenty of people have theories though and the mvp one kind of makes sense.

http://team-dignitas.net/articles/blogs/CSGO/8289/how-to-climb-in-csgo-ranked-by-securing-mvp-awards

Nobody really knows how it works except for valve. Plenty of people have theories though and the mvp one kind of makes sense.

http://team-dignitas.net/articles/blogs/CSGO/8289/how-to-climb-in-csgo-ranked-by-securing-mvp-awards

Getting to Global Elite by planting the bomb a lot.. Make sense indeed

Zillah wrote: »
    I'm not sure why people care about getting ranked up, though. Are you finding your current games too easy?

I understand there is a phenomenon whereby people will actually pay others to use their account and get them ranked up for them. What on Earth is the point? Surely the second you take over you'll be stuck in games where you are outclassed and derank pretty quickly?

I have no interest in being high ranked for the sake of it. There are two reason I want to rank up.

1: I do feel the games I am playing are boring, tbh I get a much higher K:D ratio playing at Silver level than I do on a public casual game. So I'd like to get to a level where I am more challenged.

2: My friends play, they're a little bit better than me, but there is a big rank gap, meaning I can't lobby with them, which sucks.

• Advertisement

Danger781 wrote: »
    Getting to Global Elite by planting the bomb a lot.. Make sense indeed

Aim of the game is to win, not get kills tbh.

Somebody baiting trying to plant bombs doesnt do well as they dont work with the team.

Advertisement