Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS GO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

First game since probably 2007.

I see the AWP is still the annoying weapon of choice for boring assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

anyone around mg2/1/gn4 up for a few games, play most evenings looking for a few people to play with - alot better in a party than getting bleeding russians

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

pittsburgh wrote: »
    anyone around mg2/1/gn4 up for a few games, play most evenings looking for a few people to play with - alot better in a party than getting bleeding russians

Add me there, steam ID is the same name.

Add me there, steam ID is the same name.

Added you last night man

Anyone else feel free to add me - smarven

Would be nice to get a few people who play as a team and not be baited by russians all night!

So I've been demoted to DMG (soon to be MGE) from LEM with this new monitor(excuses :pac:), I have some observations from my tiny sample size of games.

People's aim isn't that different. It's game sense and positioning that is miles off. On T side, nobody seems to care about map control. You get berated if your not part of the clump hanging outside b. You get flanked very often as a result. I got bitched at so much for being the last one alive simply because I was lurking around mid while they were pushing a site. If they take the site, I pick up two frags+ and garrantee the win. I don't normally play this role but almost no one seems to do it effectively at DMG/MGE. Lurking also prevents CT from quickly and freely rotating. It stops them from having complete map control.

The other is positioning on CT, especially when getting rushed. They just stand out in the open and expect to get an ace or die trying. Slowing them down and backing off so it's not 3v5 is a perfectly viable option. People peak by swinging out too much too. You want to expose yourself to one T at a time. Don't run a wide angle to suddenly see three T's.

The worst thing about these mistakes is that I kept getting berated for "not helping". Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe I haven't got this game figured out as much as these guys.

• Advertisement

So I've been demoted to DMG (soon to be MGE) from LEM with this new monitor(excuses :pac:), I have some observations from my tiny sample size of games.

People's aim isn't that different. It's game sense and positioning that is miles off. On T side, nobody seems to care about map control. You get berated if your not part of the clump hanging outside b. You get flanked very often as a result. I got bitched at so much for being the last one alive simply because I was lurking around mid while they were pushing a site. If they take the site, I pick up two frags+ and garrantee the win. I don't normally play this role but almost no one seems to do it effectively at DMG/MGE. Lurking also prevents CT from quickly and freely rotating. It stops them from having complete map control.

The other is positioning on CT, especially when getting rushed. They just stand out in the open and expect to get an ace or die trying. Slowing them down and backing off so it's not 3v5 is a perfectly viable option. People peak by swinging out too much too. You want to expose yourself to one T at a time. Don't run a wide angle to suddenly see three T's.

The worst thing about these mistakes is that I kept getting berated for "not helping". Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe I haven't got this game figured out as much as these guys.

Have to agree with you I'm only new to CS GO but i would say i very good game sense from years of 1.6

80% of players are happier to get a kill than win the round!

E.g train last night tight game think it was 13-13 we where T and going towards B - i was getting shot at by 1 CT, my teammate was behind the wall beside him - instead of popping while im trouble and killing him and we both live and win the round, he waits till he has killed me and than pops after he has reloaded and gets killed himself! . Game lost!

And dont get me started on the smokes and flashes, I honestly think my own team flashes and smokes me more than the opposition!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Lurking is fine as long as it works, really though once the call is made to push the site you should go along with it. If you get caught lurking its a free kill to the ct and no chance of a refrag. It really depends on the situation but usually its stronger to set up crossfires in the site, especially if you're lurking you probably have your utility left to smoke and flash off the entry points.

I do agree that at that level positioning, peaking, mouse placement, and decision making is poor. But that's all stuff you hopefully fix with time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

pittsburgh wrote: »
    E.g train last night tight game think it was 13-13 we where T and going towards B - i was getting shot at by 1 CT, my teammate was behind the wall beside him - instead of popping while im trouble and killing him and we both live and win the round, he waits till he has killed me and than pops after he has reloaded and gets killed himself! . Game lost!

The amount of times I've had 2 teammates beside me watching me get shot / die (for example while planting) and literally doing nothing WHILE LOOKING AT THE CT shooting me.... /facepalm

Add me guys if you up for a few games - smarven

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Got ranked down to silver elite...Ah well it is what it is. Anybody needs another add Bilco on steam.(maybe mrbilco )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

My fears have been confirmed. I'm a Silver II haha. Haven't played since last Summer so start playing regularly and see how I can improve that. Was Gold Nova Master before rank upset.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    My fears have been confirmed. I'm a Silver II haha. Haven't played since last Summer so start playing regularly and see how I can improve that. Was Gold Nova Master before rank upset.

Lol

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Lol

Shaddup Bilco :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

after a 7win streak , lost 2 in a row and fell 2 ranks.. Supreme to LE.
    RIP

The silver ranks is where it's at lads. Great bitta craic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I deranked from LEM to DMG in the space of a few games. Back up to LE now though.

Anyone around Silver 4/Master or Gold Nova 1/2? Looking for more people around that rank to play with.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Stupid chickens.....gotta kill em all!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Got into Gold4 recently. Jaysus it's a whole new world of pain and instant headshots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

this game just infuriates me atm..... im global and every game atm is full of idiots who run and mouse1 and hit every hs!!!! its soooooo annoying it actually feels worse than CSS ever did for running and gunning atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I've kind of given up on CS now. Whole ranking system ****ed things up imo...coming up against a lot of hackers/boosters. Can never get a good game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

I've kind of given up on CS now. Whole ranking system ****ed things up imo...coming up against a lot of hackers/boosters. Can never get a good game now.

I play every day and rarely encounter hackers / boosters. I'm in between DMG and LE at the moment. I think I've only reported one person over my last few games.

I play most days. I like the new rank system, the ranks feel more weighted and actually like they mean something. I was LEM before and I'm LE now, I've made it up to LEM twice after the update but usually derank soon after.

Don't encounter much hackers, a decent amount of smurfs though, but that doesn't bother me too much, most of the time they are just playing with a lower ranked friend which they wouldn't be able to otherwise.

I play most days. I like the new rank system, the ranks feel more weighted and actually like they mean something. I was LEM before and I'm LE now, I've made it up to LEM twice after the update but usually derank soon after.

Don't encounter much hackers, a decent amount of smurfs though, but that doesn't bother me too much, most of the time they are just playing with a lower ranked friend which they wouldn't be able to otherwise.

This doesn't make sense tbh. You should be in the exact same skill level, just labelled differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

This doesn't make sense tbh. You should be in the exact same skill level, just labelled differently.

I don't know how it works, but I've come up against a lot of hackers/boosters in the games I've played. Fallen from MGE to MG1. I either get stomped on by hackers/booster or stomp on some other team. Can't seem to get a decent game.

Godammit, CSGO is 50% off on sale again. Hordes of hackers inbound....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Zillah wrote: »
    Got into Gold4 recently. Jaysus it's a whole new world of pain and instant headshots.

Don't worry soon you will see gold 4 like the rest of us:P

IMHivTV.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

I don't know how it works, but I've come up against a lot of hackers/boosters in the games I've played. Fallen from MGE to MG1. I either get stomped on by hackers/booster or stomp on some other team. Can't seem to get a decent game.

I'm pretty sure I played with you the other day if you are Calvoo (My IGN is Fluke). There was no hackers or boosters in that game. I don't even recall seeing any smurfs. We simply got stomped. This is going to sound salty as balls (not my intention) but if I remember correctly you bottom-fragged that game somewhere in the region of 10 kills..

We just get rekt sometimes - It happens.

Advertisement