Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS GO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Danger781 wrote: »
    Getting to Global Elite by planting the bomb a lot.. Make sense indeed

Getting onto a Bombsite and planting the bomb is #1 objective on the T side, it greatly enhances your chances of winning the round. But sure prove me wrong by getting to global without any MVPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone else having problems with comp servers? Twice in a week, for the first time ever, ive had 2 servers go down during a game. One of them went down about 4 times in a match, ended up taking nearly 1 hr 30 to complete the game

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

papu wrote: »
    Getting onto a Bombsite and planting the bomb is #1 objective on the T side, it greatly enhances your chances of winning the round. But sure prove me wrong by getting to global without any MVPs.

Seriously though, you're right. I remember a stat from the last IEM, was something like >75% of the time on inferno when bomb is planted on B, T side wins the round.

Zillah wrote: »
    Nobody really knows how it works except for valve. Plenty of people have theories though and the mvp one kind of makes sense.

http://team-dignitas.net/articles/blogs/CSGO/8289/how-to-climb-in-csgo-ranked-by-securing-mvp-awards

Neither of those articles offer any proof of how the ranking system works. Convincing conjecture at best.

Neither of those articles offer any proof of how the ranking system works. Convincing conjecture at best.

Well unless you can get a valve employee drunk and charm it out of them, that's the best you're going to get. Nobody outside of the CSGO Dev team actually knows how the system works.

• Advertisement

Well unless you can get a valve employee drunk and charm it out of them, that's the best you're going to get. Nobody outside of the CSGO Dev team actually knows how the system works.

Exactly, nobody knows. I would argue that nothing is better than those articles since they are making up their own assertions with no evidence. Definitively claiming MVP's increases rank is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Walls = mvps

Gg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Ah, the sweet smell of justice!

8tKCiUV.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Ah, the sweet smell of justice!

8tKCiUV.png

I really wish they told me which one though. It would be nice to reflect on it and be all "Yes! I fracking knew he was wallhacking!"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Think there is a site that you can stick people you think are hacking into. it will keep a list and you can check if they have been banned.

• Advertisement

Think there is a site that you can stick people you think are hacking into. it will keep a list and you can check if they have been banned.

vacstat.us

It sounds bad , but i generally add everyone i play against to the site.Typing status into the console and copy pasting in is easy. I like keeping statistics of games I win/lose for my own record. And I can actually go back and readjust from vacstat.us since games lost against hackers get re-adjusted to a win. won games stat won. But it means if you queue with a hacker, and they get caught , the games you played with them get re-adjusted and you can lose ranks.

Anyone else excited for MLG columbus?

Anyone else excited for MLG columbus?

Shaping up good so far. Hoping for some Kappa drops :pac: Pretty hilarious that there's an entire Irish GOTV server

Shaping up good so far. Hoping for some Kappa drops :pac: Pretty hilarious that there's an entire Irish GOTV server

ah i've MLG and twitch streams up on a few pcs looking for drops. Never knew that! going to be tough for NIP playing with a coach rather than Pyth. My moneys on a Lg Fnatic final. Fnatic to take it.

Pick 'em going very nicely so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Pick 'em going very nicely so far...

This costs money to play doesn't it? I've never looked into it.

I paid 80c earlier to pick fnatic. Whats the point?

I paid 80c earlier to pick fnatic. Whats the point?

support the teams and players , make the matches more exciting.. whats the point of anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

So essentially I'm gambling with no chance of making anything back. Seems silly. Then again so do trading cards..

Danger781 wrote: »
    So essentially I'm gambling with no chance of making anything back. Seems silly. Then again so do trading cards..

Stickers may go up in value after the major , probably not though.
    Some of the cards are selling for 3€+ so some profit to be made on opening expensive players from the packs.Opened a shiny guardian and sold it for 9€ ez profit.

support the teams and players , make the matches more exciting.. whats the point of anything?

Well I mean, what do I get if they win?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

If you get a certain amount of points from picking the right teams you get a badge you can display while you play.

Fup all worth note really. If you actually want to bet, use something like csgolounge. Buy some skins (on OPskins so you can trade them instantly) and bet to your hearts content.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Won huge on the Astralis v Fnatic game!

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Dat first kill doe.

]

dat cross-hair placement doe :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I actually hate being T on pistol rounds just because of getting wrecked in the head by that silenced pistol

That position is just great ;)

The smoke pained me to watch :o

Not quite sure what the point of it was at first, then you slowly walk through it. That's a great way to get yourself killed!

This is how you use grenades

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

This is how you use grenades

Recently I played a game where we were two CTs left, vs two T. The bomb was down, and someone on comms kept shouting to use my smoke to cover defuse, so I quickly tossed the grenade at my buddy's feet as he went to defuse, but it turns out it was an incendiary (it was he who had the smoke, and popped it a half second before I threw). So he jumps up on fire and then gets shot, and I try to find a position to defuse where I'm not burning to death, but have to abort the defuse with 2 seconds left cos I've 12 HP left, and then I get shot too.

They were surprisingly cool about it.

Advertisement