Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2016 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

13 innings by the starting pitchers over the past 2 games giving up one run and going to come away with nothing.

EDIT - I think my eyes are deceiving me. The Mets have scored a run. I repeat the Mets have scored a run.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Cespedes....

Rough afternoon for him alright. 3 strikeouts, then he nearly killed himself trying (and failing) to catch a ball by diving into the stands and to top it off he then gets drilled in the back.

http://www.si.com/mlb/2016/04/13/toronto-blue-jays-recall-pat-venditte

I can't remember much about his pitching the last time he was up but I remember being excited about the whole concept of an ambidextrous pitcher so it'll be interesting to see him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Whoooo! Dug it out.

There's still a second team in NYC :-)

Vogelsong for the Pirates!

Looks strange, but one of things that will win it for them.

• Advertisement

Get in!

100 win season for the Pirates of Pittsurgh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

I can't remember much about his pitching the last time he was up but I remember being excited about the whole concept of an ambidextrous pitcher so it'll be interesting to see him again.

Came in during the 9th and got two outs with his right and one with his left. Very nice work. I hope he sticks with the big club, makes for a great option in the bullpen.

Pirates have had bases loaded, one out, twice already and not scored. Zimmerman.

Anyone else think they're going a bit ott with the amount of 'special jerseys' they're having this year?

http://www.si.com/mlb/2016/04/13/mlb-jerseys-mothers-fathers-day-fourth-july-home-run-derby

Although I do love the retro HR Derby ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

There's been a few nice pitching displays so far today

Nice way for Harper to get his 100th HR with a grand slam.

And Hammels to come later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Yes first complete game shutouts of the season. Phillies definitely looking to have won the trade away of Giles. Getting a guy like Velasquez reminds me of the return (in Thor) the Mets got for the Dickey trade.

Coeus wrote: »
    Yes first complete game shutouts of the season. Phillies definitely looking to have won the trade away of Giles. Getting a guy like Velasquez reminds me of the return (in Thor) the Mets got for the Dickey trade.

That's the 5th time the Padres have been shut out this season but they've still scored about 15 more runs than the Mets!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

That's the 5th time the Padres have been shut out this season but they've still scored about 15 more runs than the Mets!
    There is a reason for that...they have played a series in Colorado!

I wonder what odds I could get today for a Braves-Twins World Series? :D

RA off to another slow start. At 41 is his age catching up to him? Venditte was called from the bp by his manager raising both hands! Quite comical, everyone seemed to get a kick out of it.

Estrada vs Price tonite should be a good one.

I should of kept my mouth shut about the Yankees..

I should of kept my mouth shut about the Yankees..

The baseball Gods love nothing more than taking a fan's optimism and turning it upside down.

• Advertisement

mod9maple wrote: »
    RA off to another slow start. At 41 is his age catching up to him?

Maybe it is age but it doesn't seem like a pitch that places too much demands on an arm (although he's missing a ligament or something isn't he?).

His knuckleball was always hit and miss though, it's just unfortunate that he's had misses this season so far. Hopefully he'll have some better performances as the season progresses as there's nothing better looking than hitters being completely baffled by a ball that looks like it's just being tossed to them.

Tbh I put some of the blame on Thole. His sole reason for being there is to catch Dickey and, this season at least, he hasn't done a great job! Sss of course.

Tbh I put some of the blame on Thole. His sole reason for being there is to catch Dickey and, this season at least, he hasn't done a great job! Sss of course.

I'd forgotten about him and didn't realise he was still on a roster. Does he catch any of the other pitchers?

I'd forgotten about him and didn't realise he was still on a roster. Does he catch any of the other pitchers?

No, it's all Martin. Tbh I'd rather they brought up AJ Jimenez from AAA. At least he can hit!

Nice bounce back from Matz today, 7 shutout innings with a career high 9 strikeouts.

Also, a rare 4 strike out ninth inning from the bullpen.

I wonder what odds I could get today for a Braves-Twins World Series? :D

I hope you put money on that. They're both 3-0 since your post!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Yesterday's 9th inning between Boston and Toronto was really exciting when Storen came in close.
    Pity Red Sox couldnt complete the comeback!

Yesterday's 9th inning between Boston and Toronto was really exciting when Storen came in close.

I just turned on as the 9th started and thought it was a great finish.

Is Storen the full time closer for Toronto? If so, there'll be plenty of Blue Jay fans tearing their hair out before the season ends. He can be very shaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

8th inning was mad - did you see the Uehara/Kimbrel show?

• Advertisement

N Syndergaard threw 14 Fast Balls in the 1st 2 Innings last night

they measured

100,100,101,101,100,101,99,100,101,100,101,100,100 and 101 on the radar gun

:eek::eek::eek:

(Tweeted by Jayson Stark)

Advertisement