Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic --> TV compare/Contrast thread/speculation ** for comic readers only **

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Listen I defended you on the thread you posted a serious spoiler on. People see Lucillefrom a poster who went out of their way to tell them she doesn't read the comics. they then Google Lucille perhaps thinking this has been something in the earlier episodes that they missed as they know you "don't read the comics" so it couldnt be a spoiler and straight away they see references to one of the biggest events in the show.

As I said I was half defending you on the other thread even though I'm very dubious (eg you are now posting on the comic thread ) and the eegit comment was nothing g personal as I don't know you!

I apologise if this got to you but in all seriousness a comment referencing Lucille on a non spoiler thread, c.b reader or non c.b. readee needs to be picked up on and you need to accept it is a folly to post it there.

The mods are letting a lot of things pass by so the odd nudge in the right direction by a poster who knows that it's a spoiler should be allowed.

Let's just leave it at that. No hard feelings my side at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads for christ sake two threads now taken up about bitching about Comic Spoilers , ye're ruining the forum .

Brian it was a civil conversation with 5 or 6 comments on a fair topic. No need to exaggerate. It's ended now so don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

......I remember last season some to@#er pointing out that I shouldnt be allowed to comment on both this thread and episode threads as I was liable to be basing my opinions of an episode on my knowledge of the comic books even though I would never spoil anything. He even went as far as private mailing me when I defended myself. He subsequently was banned..........

Wow! What a twat! Who was it if you don't mind me asking?

Calibos wrote: »

I don't think it's right to go into this anymore!

It's derailing the thread.

So how many episodes have we left. 4 isn't it? I imagine Lucille killing will be last episode. Hope they don't leave it hanging over and just clarify straight out who is the victim. There is footage (a gif) online of the moment nEgan smashes the victims head in but thankfully it doesn't show any idea who the victim is (although I'm 99% sure they'll go with Glenn. )

It will be interesting what's going to happen over the next 4 episodes. I imagine Carol and Maggie will be brought to the factory and we will get an insight into Negan's world, the Saviours, the wives, the iron etc.

There will probably be some sort of failed rescue attempt followed perhaps by an attack by the Saviours on Alexandria where one of the secondary characters dies? (Was Abe in the comics but my prediction is Tara or Aaron) Then they will go on their camper van journey and try negotiate a trade off to get back Carol n Maggie back and that's when things go wrong and eeny meeny miney mo happens.

Here's also a thought......... what if the group that captured Maggie and carol are not the Saviours but from The Kingdom.......... next episode entitled "same boat" So there could be a line such as "we are in the same boat as you" regarding Negan .Would be an interesting twist.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Here's also a thought......... what if the group that captured Maggie and carol are not the Saviours but from The Kingdom.......... next episode entitled "same boat" So there could be a line such as "we are in the same boat as you" regarding Negan .Would be an interesting twist.....

The group was in touch with Rick through the walkie talkie from the guy leaving the compound on Daryls old bike. Which would lead you to believe he was a Saviour. Would be a nice twist though. Maybe Daryls bike is the clue, is it possible the girl and guy who took it joined the Kingdom shortly after?

I know I obviously saw that but there could be reasons behind it. Just a though as I said but the title just gave me the idea. Maybe also it will mean that Alexandria are in the same boat as Hilltop.

No the guy that nicked Daryl's gear is Dwight who we later see having received the iron treatment as negan claimed the woman as his wife and when dwight slept with her after he got punished. In the comics his weapon of choice is the crossbow so it was well worked into the script how he obtained this from Daryl.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

I only ask because I was that T0$$er, never PM'd you and wasn't banned.

At least I now understand that Talking Bread doesn't go looking for trouble, trouble finds him, that anything questionable posted in the non reader threads is spoilers unless posted by him, that the mods have dropped the ball re spoilers according to him and its left up to Talking Bread to be the final arbiter of what is or isn't a spoiler, that the mods don't have an issue with him calling people eejits, tw@ts, T0$$ers and G0b$h1tes, that he'll be magnanimous and the 'better man' by apologising if a person took offence at being called names by him.

I only ask because I was that T0$$er, never PM'd you and wasn't banned.

At least I now understand that Talking Bread doesn't go looking for trouble, trouble finds him, that anything questionable posted in the non reader threads is spoilers unless posted by him, that the mods have dropped the ball re spoilers according to him and its left up to Talking Bread to be the final arbiter of what is or isn't a spoiler, that the mods don't have an issue with him calling people eejits, tw@ts, T0$$ers and G0b$h1tes, that he'll be magnanimous and the 'better man' by apologising if a person took offence at being called names by him.

This is awkward because It wasn't you unless you have a different account name???????!

You sound far too charming for such behaviour!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Stop with the bickering shite PLEASE.

For what it's worth, we've had no reported posts about abuse, and I dealt with the Lucille reference that was reported. If there are others (or abuse that offends you), REPORT THEM.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭Sand

For what is it worth on spoilers - I have yet to see Star Wars The Force Awakens. I defecate you not. Nothing about the plot of the biggest movie event of the past 6 months has been spoiled for me. I have magical spoiler armour. Also I don't seek out media or forum postings about SWTFA.

As for Glenn, I'm pretty much past caring about him. That shark has been jumped. Pretty sure he will escape Negan/Lucille by hiding under a rubbish bin until they lose interest and wander off.

Did like seeing Abraham using the most cold hearted line from the comics "I thought you were the last woman on earth. Turns out you're not". The comic did expand Abraham's view (life is short - why waste the time of a woman you don't love) from being a total stone cold bastard, hopefully the TV series will as well. So far its fixated on his decision of if he would be happy with Rosita or Sasha. Yet to be any concrete evidence that Sasha actually likes him more than a friend to justify his grand gesture on the eve of battle, but that goes back to the jerky/poorly written nature of the TV series given it is based on a comic.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That would be ridiculous, and if it happened I would be really pissed off.

5starpool wrote: »
    That would be ridiculous, and if it happened I would be really pissed off.

Not ridiculous to be fair. Bit harsh! The Kingdom will be introduced a bit quicker than in the comics id say as i envisage All Out War will occur quicker.
    Also i dont recall the females from the Saviours having any power, much less guns. (I could be wrong there?) . These lot looked very self empoered as a group whereas Neagans women are essentially slaves.
    They just seem very distinct as a group. Anyway well see tonight

Not ridiculous to be fair. Bit harsh! The Kingdom will be introduced a bit quicker than in the comics id say as i envisage All Out War will occur quicker.
    Also i dont recall the females from the Saviours having any power, much less guns. (I could be wrong there?) . These lot looked very self empoered as a group whereas Neagans women are essentially slaves.
    They just seem very distinct as a group. Anyway well see tonight

When I read your post first for some reason instead of Kingdom I thought you meant Hilltop and that some others from there had them and it made no sense in my head. Kingdom makes more sense, but I still don't think it will be that. I'm not sure where they are going though with it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Well all confirmed they were 100% Saviours

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Well all confirmed they were 100% Saviours

"WERE" being the appropriate word!! Superb episode! I am worried for Carol now, her character is getting a lot of airtime (and deservedly so) and that often bodes bad for characters. Was half expecting one of them to get away, the other captured. Surprised it ended like that.

Brilliant characterisations and dialogue though and all of Maggie (best I've seen her in a few seasons), Paula and Carol and even Molly were great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Man, so conflicted right now. One one hand, delighted that the arrow wasn't for Abraham, on the other I enjoy Denise in both the show and comics. Ugh, they better not change who Lucille is coming for though, if they do that I will be annoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Where's Carol gone? I can't remember that from the Comics.

Is she doing a Michonne?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Comic Carol died a long time ago, back in the prison I think? Kills herself more or less (lets a zombie eat her). Very different character to the show

Not sure where they are going with her now, it would be a bit of a crap send off if that's the end of her, but would also be daft if she did another heroic return down the line.

Dwight looked great in that ep!

ah yes, of course.

The death of Denise, that was kind of sort of the way Abe dies wasn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep!

juvfFL7.jpg

Was really expecting it to happen to Abe that ep so the switch surprised me, thought it was well done though

Wonder what's in store for Abraham then. I didn't like how he was killed off so suddenly in the comic, but he was one of my favourite characters. Never took to him as much in the show so not too bothered if he gets culled

Seemingly the Comic writers are unhappy they killed him off so soon too, so hopefully he continues on with lines like he had last night.

maximoose wrote: »
    Comic Carol died a long time ago, back in the prison I think? Kills herself more or less (lets a zombie eat her). Very different character to the show

Not sure where they are going with her now, it would be a bit of a crap send off if that's the end of her, but would also be daft if she did another heroic return down the line.

Dwight looked great in that ep!

I've a feeling she may be captured and become one of Negan's "wives" and someone like Daryl or her new fella will save her. Or perhaps she will end up in The Hilltop or with Ezekiel. The actress may want a short break perhaps.

Seemingly the Comic writers are unhappy they killed him off so soon too, so hopefully he continues on with lines like he had last night.

Yeah can't see him going anywhere soon. He will be a central figure in All out War. Or maybe just maybe he's the one meeting Lucille. It's between him Glenn and Daryl with the latter two ultimate favourites. Abe become a big enough character now but yo would imagine it will have to be A MAJOR CHARACTER.And the Glenn super survivals may have to come to an end soon

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

Though the arrow death scene was well done, very true to the comics, albeit with a different character involved. I'm glad to see Abe survive, he was definitely disposed of too soon in the comic, though I also agree I haven't taken to his TV adaption all that well either, he's growing on me though. Some of the TV adaptions haven't been great, they completely messed up Tyreese, thought he was a great character in the comic (again, disposed of too soon) but they just didn't do much with him in the show. Glenn has to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Danjamin1 wrote: »
    Though the arrow death scene was well done, very true to the comics, albeit with a different character involved. I'm glad to see Abe survive, he was definitely disposed of too soon in the comic, though I also agree I haven't taken to his TV adaption all that well either, he's growing on me though. Some of the TV adaptions haven't been great, they completely messed up Tyreese, thought he was a great character in the comic (again, disposed of too soon) but they just didn't do much with him in the show. Glenn has to go.

Yep, totally agree. I'm re-reading the comics again (I'm hoping to get to issue 100 by the season finale!) and Tyreese was just so integral to the story. That said, his character grew on me in the show but there was always that feeling of something missing. I thought his final moments were heart-rending though.

This week's episode was good in the sense that they've had episodes before which centred on Abe, Eugene and Rosita but they just weren't that enjoyable. It's like their characters were finally fully realised in the show this week. Not before time too!

I just read that the finale is 90 minutes (including ads I'm sure) so we're hopefully in for Negan-tastic stuff.

Seems that Darryl is on the ground in front of the Saviours whilst Neagan trys to broker a deal..

And........

as I thought....Carol has found her way somehow to Neagan as he seems to have her rosary beads

No view of Glenn in that trailer. I will be annoyed and still surprised if he isn't the recipient of Lucille's loving kiss.

5starpool wrote: »
    No view of Glenn in that trailer. I will be annoyed and still surprised if he isn't the recipient of Lucille's loving kiss.

At this stage its either he or Darryl. It would be a cop out were it to be anybody else. Both characters have strong arguments for them to be the victim.... but Glenn is just edging it for me at the moment.

However if it were to be Glenn you would envisage both Maggie and Enid would be there to witness it also (enid of course being the Sofia of the comics at this juncture) Morgsns out and about so he is going to have a part to play, for some reason i think he may help Carol.

Michonne was also at Glenns Big Bash in the comics want she? No sign of her there.

I just think with Maggie being primed up to be the new Leader of Hilltop
    she even has had a haircut in reallife
    And all the indestructible Glenn drama earlier this season this should logically be his time.
    I ghi k the penultimate episode will give more hints though. Id love to just bi ge watch the twoepisodes together NOW!!!