Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic --> TV compare/Contrast thread/speculation ** for comic readers only **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

To be honest, I am not sure I like the route the show has taken with that. Feels a bit too forced... I don't really see the chemistry between them. Hope the show doesn't overdo it and keep it very low key otherwise it will be off putting. I just prefer Michronne as a loner, she is more interesting that way.

Has it been confirmed Ezekiel will be in the show yet? The relationship with Ezekiel has been a pretty big point for Michonne lately in the comics, wonder if that's going to go a different direction too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Danjamin1 wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed Ezekiel will be in the show yet? The relationship with Ezekiel has been a pretty big point for Michonne lately in the comics, wonder if that's going to go a different direction too?

If he is then I hope he doesn't have that stupid tiger with him!

Michonne and Rick? Dunno, he needed an Andrea and she was the obvious candidate but maybe it will take a while to get used to it.

Good to see Jesus introduced, I like the look of him. How did he come into it in the comic again? Can't remember!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Great casting with Jesus, loved the interaction with him and Darryl. Great character. Looks like we are on our way to Hilltop next week

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Wouldn't mind reading these to compare to TV.

I'v seen the books in Easons at €17ish each and then there's 3 very thick books at over €70!

Where's the best place to source these and how many is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

DakarVert wrote: »

I'v seen the books in Easons at €17ish each and then there's 3 very thick books at over €70!

I've volume. 1 to 8, so 48 of the comics that I've been meaning to put up on adverts. Will try get them up soon keep an eye out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I think the show runners are leading up to Abe being killed by Negan, but it will be a bait & switch and really be Glenn, probably a "whoisit" over the break maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

There changing the lead up to negan a bit by the looks of it. Next week should be interesting to see where they are going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

DakarVert wrote: »

You can get the compendiums 1 to 3 (around 48 issues per compendium) on Amazon for about £30 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Didn't both of them get killed one way or the other by Neegans men

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

See the latest tv episode thread is getting comic spoiler heavy again. They really do need a mod or two.

• Advertisement

I think the show runners are leading up to Abe being killed by Negan, but it will be a bait & switch and really be Glenn, probably a "whoisit" over the break maybe.

I think it's definitely Glenn. I think Maggie arc as Hilltop leader depends on Glenn's death. I also saw photos of the actress with the short hair so I'm confident that they will stay loyal to that plot arc. Her interaction with what's his name (the Hilltop leader) also was significant to this. I think Glenn's time is up also. He's a great character but the whole concept of him and Maggie turning into some domestic unit could be very boring. Daryl has plenty left in the tank and it would cause uproar amongst fans if he was killed whilst Kirkman has made lots of comments how much he regrets killing Abe off so early.

I think the show writers were testing the reaction amongst fans regarding his "is he or is he not dead" story earlier and it's fair to say although he was a fan favourite majority saw it disappointing the manner in how he survived. Likewise when he survived the hoarse of walkers whilst saving Maggie. I think it would be understandable and a good payoff for non comic readers if they finally saw the writers emphasising noone is invincible in this world.

I'd be happier to see Glenn meeting Lucille for these reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I think it's definitely Glenn. I think Maggie arc as Hilltop leader depends on Glenn's death. I also saw photos of the actress with the short hair so I'm confident that they will stay loyal to that plot arc. Her interaction with what's his name (the Hilltop leader) also was significant to this. I think Glenn's time is up also. He's a great character but the whole concept of him and Maggie turning into some domestic unit could be very boring. Daryl has plenty left in the tank and it would cause uproar amongst fans if he was killed whilst Kirkman has made lots of comments how much he regrets killing Abe off so early.

I think the show writers were testing the reaction amongst fans regarding his "is he or is he not dead" story earlier and it's fair to say although he was a fan favourite majority saw it disappointing the manner in how he survived. Likewise when he survived the hoarse of walkers whilst saving Maggie. I think it would be understandable and a good payoff for non comic readers if they finally saw the writers emphasising noone is invincible in this world.

I'd be happier to see Glenn meeting Lucille for these reasons.

You more or less saved me a post there! Maggie's scenes with Gregory are clearly setting us up for their dealings later on, there's no way they'd go to all that trouble if they weren't going to follow the basic comic story. It's just too big a deal to mess around with. They're doing a nice job building up Negan's character, I'm absolutely pumped to see him now.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

See the latest tv episode thread is getting comic spoiler heavy again. They really do need a mod or two.

I did PM an admin and ask about this specific thing before but nothing happened. It's silly at this point.

Ya, Glenn will definitely feel Lucille's not so sweet kiss. I reckon they will kill Abraham offin the same way as the comics too. They have him about to cheat and break up with Rosita, and go on patrol with Eugene, and the two of them are on patrol together when Abraham bites it.

It's all being pretty faithful to the comics in that respect.

I think the only thing in question is whether they will have Glenn die in the season finale or whether we'll get a cliffhanger where we don't know who if anyone will die? I suspect we will see the bat swinging towards Glenn's head and that will be the finish.

5starpool wrote: »
    Ya, Glenn will definitely feel Lucille's not so sweet kiss. I reckon they will kill Abraham offin the same way as the comics too. They have him about to cheat and break up with Rosita, and go on patrol with Eugene, and the two of them are on patrol together when Abraham bites it.

It's all being pretty faithful to the comics in that respect.

I think the only thing in question is whether they will have Glenn die in the season finale or whether we'll get a cliffhanger where we don't know who if anyone will die? I suspect we will see the bat swinging towards Glenn's head and that will be the finish.

Abrahams death was crap in the comics. They need him for All Out War as a character and Kirkman, as I said has made so many comments how much he regrets killing him off so early. Think Morgan could be a gonner soon, (his story arc has reached its point. likewise Tara. Hope they keep keep Gabriel , Denise, Eugene, Rosita, Enid (good potential... she will probably fill the role of Sophia, Michonne (obviously!!), out of the "secondary" characters. The rest I could live without

I also hope they Keep Abraham, but they are setting it up to be like in the comics for him anyhow. Maybe they will do a last minute swerve on it, but I doubt it.

Pity the Saviour that done all the talking when they ambushed Darryl, Abe and Sasha got killed off!! He would have been a great character. Hopefully many of the Saviours are on a par with him. Has anyone else noticed they have incrementally increased the amount of light swear words over the season 6. Perhaps it's to reduce the shock value of Negan. He won't have a fraction of the crudity levels of Comic Book Negan but they will have to portray him somewhat as the foul mouthed vulgar person he is. American tv Sucky sometimes. A nation that you can buy a gun in your local corner shop and a nation who advocate people like Bush and Trump as presidents won't allow a few curse words on tv 😄😄 . Ah, no I understand the logic. Just a pity we won't see Neagan reach his true character!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

A Negan that doesn't speak like Negan is not a Negan I'd like to see.

I am looking forward to seeing Negan in the show though.

I reported the post I think you are referring to on Monday night, explained in the report why I was reporting it but it's still there.

It's pretty bad form and still perplexes me that people will ruin (whether intentionally or not) others enjoyment of the show.

I had the big event in the final season of The Sheild spoiled and I still havnt gotten over it.

:mad:

I reported the post I think you are referring to on Monday night, explained in the report why I was reporting it but it's still there.

It's pretty bad form and still perplexes me that people will ruin (whether intentionally or not) others enjoyment of the show.

I had the big event in the final season of The Sheild spoiled and I still havnt gotten over it.

:mad:

which post?? I see constant references to people preempting deaths of characters in the upcoming Negan battle which are probably based on reading extracts from comic books alright but I reckon i'd expect for such an event of casualities even if I didn't read the comic books. I guess its easy for us to see them as potential spoilers as we know future events but its difficult to put ourselves in the mindset of a non comic book reader who may expect deaths naturally from such a serious encounter.

I remember last season some to@#er pointing out that I shouldnt be allowed to comment on both this thread and episode threads as I was liable to be basing my opinions of an episode on my knowledge of the comic books even though I would never spoil anything. He even went as far as private mailing me when I defended myself. He subsequently was banned. As I said I would be extremely careful and only base my comments on the episode itself, most of which are just comments on the events of same and not future predictions based on the events.

Comic book readers should perhaps have a disclaimer under their avatar acknowledging the fact they read the comics, thats the best solution which is used on many other Walking Dead Forums, ie the US based ones. It would make it easier for mods to recognise certain posters taking advantage of their knowledge. And without this Disclaimer they are not entitled to comment on this, the actual Comic Book thread.

I think its up to the mods to do their jobs and it only causes trouble on threads when comic book readers backseat mod (which is not what you are doing of course) but so many others have in the past. Perhaps a few mails to the Mods by various posters might wake them up.

• Advertisement

The poster says Abraham could die in the show but that it could still go the way of the comics.

Basically says I've read the comics, Abraham doesn't die in them but a major character does.

The poster says Abraham could die in the show but that it could still go the way of the comics.

Basically says I've read the comics, Abraham doesn't die in them but a major character does.

Ah I see it. It's a spoiler I guess but could've been a slip of tongue in that he wasn't thinking at the time. I would give the guy the benefit of the doubt for that one and he doesn't really go into extreme detail on it nor does he mentire who dis, when they die, where they die nor why they die so it isnt the worst comment.

I find it worse when people make "predictions" on the show and it's obvious from the specifics of the "prediction " they are comic book readers yet they don't admit this, if you get me! It's up to the mods to hunt these down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Ah I see it. It's a spoiler I guess but could've been a slip of tongue in that he wasn't thinking at the time. I would give the guy the benefit of the doubt for that one and he doesn't really go into extreme detail on it nor does he mentire who dis, when they die, where they die nor why they die so it isnt the worst comment.

I find it worse when people make "predictions" on the show and it's obvious from the specifics of the "prediction " they are comic book readers yet they don't admit this, if you get me! It's up to the mods to hunt these down.

If any of them predict a feckin Tiger they should be banned :P

Hope we don't get a tiger, but I imagine they will use a wolf or a massive dog as substitute. The lack of dogs and cats on the show is a little surprising unless they have been eating them.

If any of them predict a feckin Tiger they should be banned :P

Hope we don't get a tiger, but I imagine they will use a wolf or a massive dog as substitute. The lack of dogs and cats on the show is a little surprising unless they have been eating them.

Yeah I said that also. A wolf is the way to go. Ridiculous idea even for the comics with Shiva

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Jesus Christ, Rickman is an evil one. In the recent episode
    Glenn sees pictures on a wall of people who have had their head smashed in, similiar to what happens to him by Lucille.
    . Has to be Glenn, if not then they have taken one of the biggest points of the comics and sh1t all over the fans.

You have to envisage the main (more populous) tv target market are NON comic book readers (they have the comic book readers loyal viewers already) and Glenn's death will have the most significant and impactfull effect amongst the former. This is no time for double bluffing comic book readers and I think the majority of same will want to see the comic events carrying through re Lucille.

All the foreshadowing, (the Polaroids, gleen finally murdering), the crap with the bin survival, the the future arc of Maggie in Hilltop and the fact that there is so much left in characters like Daryl and Abraham compared to Glenn I feel, as well as Maggies capture now, means that everything points to Glenn.

I don't mind double bluffing occasional events as it keeps the shock value running for us comic book readers but this event is such a serious juncture in the overall storyline that it merits it's true depiction.

So it's fair to say, imo, RIP Glenn ........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

More talking about Lucille in the thread for this weeks ep. Why do people just love spoiling things?

Just seen it. What a g $bsh $tw.

I read the post knowing he was a comic book reader after the first few paragraphs and actually missed the Lucille reference.

Eegit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Just seen it. What a g $bsh $tw.

I read the post knowing he was a comic book reader after the first few paragraphs and actually missed the Lucille reference.

Eegit.

He's a she, and she does NOT read the comics.

Also a) if you don't know who or what Lucille is then no harm done, you won't get the reference, and b) actually how the hell can you NOT know who or what Lucille is if you are interested in the programme and have access to the internet. I have never even seen a TWD comic book and I knew about it. Although mea culpa for mentioning something from the graphic novel in the tv programme thread.

I'm all out of internet outrage for today. I need a cup of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

a) if you don't know who or what Lucille is then no harm done, you won't get the reference

No harm done until someone who doesn't get the reference googles "the walking dead lucille"
    b) actually how the hell can you NOT know who or what Lucille is if you are interested in the programme and have access to the internet

Because not everyone looks up future spoilers? Vast majority of my friends who love the show, have not read the comics and have no idea what's coming next.

Advertisement