Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic --> TV compare/Contrast thread/speculation ** for comic readers only **

18910111214»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This is a comic related thread, if it has been published it can be talked about imo.

Issue 153 (Apr 16) related content ahead:

Apparently it is just a coincidence that Negan appears on the show at the same time he escapes from the prison. I wonder will they have the main Negan/All out war arc end by next season ending up with Negan in the cell then? I'm guessing it'll be drawn out longer than that, but who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

5starpool wrote: »
    This is a comic related thread, if it has been published it can be talked about imo.

Issue 153 (Apr 16) related content ahead:

Apparently it is just a coincidence that Negan appears on the show at the same time he escapes from the prison. I wonder will they have the main Negan/All out war arc end by next season ending up with Negan in the cell then? I'm guessing it'll be drawn out longer than that, but who knows.

I just have gathered there are a lot of readers here who haven't caught up yet. Wouldn't be any harm using spoiler tags for the very recently released ones. Doesn't bother me as Im up to date, just taking into account others. Thats just my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It was obvious that Negan was going to kill that kid anyway.

He's turning "good" imo, and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Maybe there'll be a twist where he tries to finally off Rick, but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Have to avoid this thread now, I'm a few behind...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

There is an actual separate comic thread that is probably actually better for discussing actual epsiodes. This thread is probably more for discussing tv show with reference to the equivalent stuff in the comics actually (to contradict my previous post somewhat).

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    There is an actual separate comic thread that is probably actually better for discussing actual epsiodes. This thread is probably more for discussing tv show with reference to the equivalent stuff in the comics actually (to contradict my previous post somewhat).

I've caught up now but I'd tend to agree. I'd say it's fair to assume that comic readers have read all of what's happened in the current season of the show. Dunno can we assume that people are completely up to date with comic.

I think the fairest thing is to force all the readers that haven't caught up to take a few days off work and catch up. Then we are all happy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

IMO jeffery dean morgan is a bit slim for negan now, he was far bigger when he played the comedian in watchmen and far more imposing.

I was all in favor when i heard he was cast as negan but after seeing him he has slimmed down an awful lot, takes away from his menace in my view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Ok I'm not a comic reader but I do sometimes hear about references from the comics. I don't mind spoilers.

Anyway I was chatting with a friend today about Fear The Walking Dead. He was saying about how he thinks that it's possible that they are lining Nick up as the Alpha of The Whisperers.

It's a female in the comics I know but they seem to be focusing on Nicks character and him walking amongst the walkers using their insides as camouflage.

Does anyone think that they might be doing that and tying the Nick character into The Walking Dead?

Olishi4 wrote: »
    Ok I'm not a comic reader but I do sometimes hear about references from the comics. I don't mind spoilers.

Anyway I was chatting with a friend today about Fear The Walking Dead. He was saying about how he thinks that it's possible that they are lining Nick up as the Alpha of The Whisperers.

It's a female in the comics I know but they seem to be focusing on Nicks character and him walking amongst the walkers using their insides as camouflage.

Does anyone think that they might be doing that and tying the Nick character into The Walking Dead?

I don't see it to be honest. Alpha's daughter has a pivotal role to play in the comics, Nick doesn't have anyone close enough to him to fill that role.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

L'prof wrote: »
    I don't see it to be honest. Alpha's daughter has a pivotal role to play in the comics, Nick doesn't have anyone close enough to him to fill that role.

Ye just a thought really. Do you think that Nick could have any connection to The Whisperers?

They seem to be focussing on the fact that he feels comfortable around walkers and he was talking a lot with the maid in Mexico in episode 6 about spirituality and how they should be respected for what they are. I think The Whisperers have a similar idea/approach?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

It's funny, I thought Shiva's inclusion in the show would annoy me but the p!ss poor wig on Ezekiel is annoying me far more than it should...

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

Also I hate hate HATE Carol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Glob damn it, so many issues with that last episode. They now have, what, 3 guns when they outgunned The Saviors in the comic, Carl isn't with the convey of The Saviors. Bleh, it's getting to the point now where they are going so far away from the comic they have actual plot holes (AKA the no guns, how will All Out War happen then?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Glob damn it, so many issues with that last episode. They now have, what, 3 guns when they outgunned The Saviors in the comic, Carl isn't with the convey of The Saviors. Bleh, it's getting to the point now where they are going so far away from the comic they have actual plot holes (AKA the no guns, how will All Out War happen then?)

Yeah was thinking just that myself today. Negan in the show seems more vindictive as well, which I don't think is needed. For example, rather than sleeping on all the beds they took they burn them? :confused: Which just doesn't make any sense. The way they've been building him up in the past few episodes I can't see him being spared like he is in the comics

It was always going to go down a very "comicy" - not a word, but you get what I meant to distinguish the term from "comical"- route when Neagan, Ezekiel and of course the impending Whisperers came on the scene, which is impossible to avoid but which will disgruntle many non comic (and indeed comic) viewers. Finding the balance is nigh impossible but they are doing a reasonable job, especially in the penultimate episode.

The gun thing was frustrating, considering they should be smart enough to hide some vital supplies (even in a fake grave!) I know Neagan came earlier than they were expecting but stuff like that would surely be first thing they would plan once they got their head around things.
    The bullet making is clearly going to be a huge arc as they will definitely go down the All Out War route.

Its going to frustrate and divide a lot of viewers henceforth. I think Kirkmann got carried away with a lot of comicy (again excuse the terminology!) arc as he would surely know the tv series portrayal was going to face problems from this juncture on.
    I still like the idea of Neagan being imprisoned but only 1 or two people knowing. Maybe Carl, Rick, Morgan, Gabriel (if he returns). No way any of the rest of them would tolerate it. It will have to be very convincing. Hopefully it won't be as prolonged as the comic. Maybe a week or so and then someone like Daryll finds him.

Maybe Father G was up to more than grave digging and faking Maggie's death. He was sneaky-creepy with that grin and positive attitude. Perhaps there is arsenal under there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Perhaps there is arsenal under there?

Wenger-shock.png

Advertisement