Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

How do you mix the caramel? Tried it once in my X Milk Clone at like a drop and all I could taste was caramel. Nice flavour but overpowers everything! Kind of gone lazy since I found my ADV I've so many concentrates I haven't even opened yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The first few I mixed using it, it was overpowering, that was at 2-3%, I think along with butterscotch 0.5 - 1% is just about enough to get a nice hint of it, giving the butterscotch some body. I've tried this and got a nice werther's original feel. But say for a full on caramel custard, you could push it higher.

I'm thinking 0.5% here [or a few drops] for a mint toffee might work along with 5%+ butterscotch. I'm pondering on peppermint now, as I looked up mint toffs and it seems people like to add some of that. I just find peppermint .... well, peppery :D

What's your ADV? why not trade or sell the unused concentrates in here? put up a list with good prices and some of us might just bite :)

Here is what I mixed up with for that mint toffee - Inpired by lee_baby_simms version earlier

Bavarian Cream (TPA) 3%
    Butterscotch (TPA) 6%
    Caramel (TPA) 0.75%
    Creme de Menthe (TPA) 4%
    Koolada 10% (TPA) 0.75%
    Menthol (CAP) 2%
    Sweetener 1%

Tasted very nice right away, will let it steep a few days and see how it develops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Here is what I mixed up with for that mint toffee - Inpired by lee_baby_simms version earlier

Bavarian Cream (TPA) 3%
    Butterscotch (TPA) 6%
    Caramel (TPA) 0.75%
    Creme de Menthe (TPA) 4%
    Koolada 10% (TPA) 0.75%
    Menthol (CAP) 2%
    Sweetener 1%

Tasted very nice right away, will let it steep a few days and see how it develops

That looks a lot better.

Something is a bit off with mine, maybe the 6%,4% Butterscotch / Cdm is the key.

That looks a lot better.

Something is a bit off with mine, maybe the 6%,4% Butterscotch / Cdm is the key.

My reasoning for dropping the CDM was I wanted to add some menthol too, and I upped the butterscotch because of the caramel. I know from previous mixes that caramel can overpower other flavourings easily. But I wanted a toffee edge :) Just tested it there and it's coming along nicely. The sweetener probably helps toward the candy toffee-like taste also. And the koolada was just to add some coolness, I doubt it makes a lot of difference, could easily be left out.

It's tasting very much like those murray mints atm. It's still frothy from the heat and shake I gave it last night, but I was dying to try it again :D I know I'm going to like this one

Just adding sweetener and menthol to yours will help I feel, if you don't have caramel to try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

In need of more VG to do some mixing the best price I found from Irish vendors was 2.50 for 100ml, instead got 5L from a UK vendor for 38 Euro incl. delivery ( ok add 4 Euro for parcel motel ) so 42 Euro for what would have cost 125 here, seriously can't understand how they can justify that difference.
    Have about 100 bottles of concentrates and still over 3/4 L of Nic. so that should do for a while, looking forward to try some of the mixes people have posted in this thread.

JH_raheny wrote: »
    In need of more VG to do some mixing the best price I found from Irish vendors was 2.50 for 100ml, instead got 5L from a UK vendor for 38 Euro incl. delivery ( ok add 4 Euro for parcel motel ) so 42 Euro for what would have cost 125 here, seriously can't understand how they can justify that difference.
    Have about 100 bottles of concentrates and still over 3/4 L of Nic. so that should do for a while, looking forward to try some of the mixes people have posted in this thread.

Yup, I ran out of VG last week while awaiting an order. I dropped into the chemist across the road for some, €4.20 for 150ml. And that's reasonable for here! The same bottle is €5.50 in Boots [not their own brand] It did the job, but I could have gotten 500ml for that online.

You can get Glycerine [chemists will alaways have it as this, but it's still VG] on Boot's UK site cheap enough - http://www.boots.com/en/Value-Health-Glycerin-B-P-200ml_852418/ I'm not sure if they have that in Irish boots? I must check next time I'm passing it.

You can beat that, this is where mine is coming from - http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/pg-vg/vegetable-glycerine

Works out at €23 for 5 litres

could have saved myself 5 pounds there

• Advertisement

I only ordered 500ml, it's my first order with DarkStar, got a few 30ml concentrates too. They're prices are hard to beat it seems. They were a bit slow to process the order and get it out, but it's on the way :) will see how the quality is when it arrives. I used An Post's AddressPal service for the first time too. You could use Parcel Motel with them either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Just adding sweetener and menthol to yours will help I feel, if you don't have caramel to try

I add menthol but i've no sweetener. I usually use CAP marshmallow as a sweetener replacement. I might try that at 1%

Should do the trick, I have some TFA marshmallow on order, I plan to replace my sweetener with that. That Toffee mint was tasting great earlier btw :) Tested it on some new cotton in the velocity, dang, I almost sucked down 10ml of the stuff 'testing' lol. Good sign!

Does anyone here know much about Peach flavorings? One of my better recipes, that I definitely want to mix up again, has Cap's peaches and cream - But The list of flavours I want can't be all got from one site atm. Each site missing 2-3 of what I need. Would TFA's juicy peach be a good replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Each site missing 2-3 of what I need.

This does my head in... and then I wait a few days to see if the get them in... wait... and I don't order anything at all. :pac:

Ended up getting all the ones I need for now at e-dym.pl

Their prices are better than most UK/Irish vendors anyway. So I grabbed a few I wasn't planning on, to try out.

A reward from diy is having a bit more to spend from my tight vape budget. This means I can justify a fair number of flavours that I'll probably not make much use of but sure it's fun to have a play around with new mix combos.

Yup, I got 10 flavours from that site for a little more than I used to pay for a premium 30ml. I will turn that into about 600ml of juice! Depending on how high on flavouring I go, I'm usually between 15 - 20%. Of course I'll use up VG and nic, but we're talking about €35 worth of ingredients, to make 600ml of various flavoured juices. That's around €9 per 150ml, and I could stretch it out further, easily.

I haven't bought a premium juice in about a month now. Any money I saved went on DIY gear, but that'll pay for itself in time, it already has! I have 400ml of juice steeping away, and enough flavourings in total to make over 1ltr between what I already have and the orders incoming

Bavarian Cream (TPA) 3%
    Butterscotch (TPA) 6%
    Caramel (TPA) 0.75%
    Creme de Menthe (TPA) 4%
    Koolada 10% (TPA) 0.75%
    Menthol (CAP) 2%
    Sweetener 1%

Jut filled up the Herakles plus tank with this, 0.4 coil @ 38w [4.1v], tasting good. But ... I actually feel I want a touch more caramel. It has quietened down a lot. Getting a nice, clean, fresh menthol with just a hint of that butterscotch and caramel. SO I'm thinking 1-1.5% on the caramel, and/or more butterscotch, maybe even 8%.

same as above, haven't bought liquid in well over a year except from a few bottles at vapefest, bought a load of concentrates at a closing down sale as well so the last 2-3L of liquid I have made have only cost 15-18 Euro per L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

Lads, How much juice do you go trough a month ? 300-500 ml ?
    Being a while since I quit vaping ( 3 years ago , I guess )
    Hardcore vaper barely went trough 100 ml those days

• Advertisement

alec76 wrote: »

Depends. If it's my own cheap DIY juices I'll vape the hell out of about 300ml in a month, if I was still buying premium liquids I'd be a lot more thrifty with it.

I'm vaping over 3 year now, I remember a 30ml bottle lasting me at least a week. but then, that was using 2.4 ohm coils, and 18mg juice even 24mg at times. I'm much happier with my vaping habit nowadays, down to 3mg, and using sub tanks a lot of that may very well just be clouded away. But that's fine, I'm satisfied.

Can't quite keep track of juice usage as it's coming out of many different bottles. I also use a range of PG:VG ratios and Nic amounts depending on mood. My high VG low Nic juices I can go through a lot faster in a tank and slower when using the dripper. At home I seem to vape continuously at times. I slow down watching TV with the wife for fear of losing her in the fog but after she goes to bed it's all gorillas in the mist. Saying all that it's probably 5 to 10 mls a day and closer to the low end much of the time - I'm a MTL-er for the most part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Can someone do a maths calculation for me, I have 100 mls of 70/30 vg/pg juice,3mg nic (vg), and 15% concentrate, I want to change it to 70/30 pg/vg and leave the nic and concentrate as they are,3mg and 15%.
    I think I have it calculated but just want to double check.

jno547 wrote: »
    Can someone do a maths calculation for me, I have 100 mls of 70/30 vg/pg juice,3mg nic (vg), and 15% concentrate, I want to change it to 70/30 pg/vg and leave the nic and concentrate as they are,3mg and 15%.
    I think I have it calculated but just want to double check.

This is a little hard to read - Ok so do you have something mixed but want to swap the PG : VG ratios keeping the Nic and concentrate % the same?

Do you have extra and separate bottles of PG, VG, Nic and Concentrate?

Starting Mix: 100mls 70:30 VG:PG 3mg 15%C

End Mix: 233mls 30:70 VG:PG 3mg 15%C

It's going to be 2.33 times the amount you started with.

What Mg is your VG based Nic?

8mm wrote: »
    This is a little hard to read - Ok so do you have something mixed but want to swap the PG : VG ratios keeping the Nic and concentrate % the same?

Do you have extra and separate bottles of PG, VG, Nic and Concentrate?

Starting Mix: 100mls 70:30 VG:PG 3mg 15%C

End Mix: 233mls 30:70 VG:PG 3mg 15%C

It's going to be 2.33 times the amount you started with.

What Mg is your VG based Nic?

Nic is 54mg,should have stated that:rolleyes: I ended up with 265 mls with my calculation.
    Adding the following to my mixed 100mls

9.16 ml nic
    130.75 ml pg
    24.75 ml concentrate

Those figures were reached after subtracting the amounts already included in my mixed 100ml and leaving the VG content unchanged at 64.44 ml.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create 100ml 70/30 VG/PG

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create 265ml 70/30 PG/VG

Yeah that Nic mg amount makes all the difference to the calc.

265.65 mls is around what I get so you must have it right.

Yeah that Nic mg amount makes all the difference to the calc.

265.65 mls is around what I get so you must have it right.

Cheers for that,didn't want to take the chance without a second opinion. :)

I'm curious to what your up to, that's quite a flip-flop in ratios and surprisingly high PG for a veteran vaper. Though I do 60:40 PG:VG mixes for my non creamy juices myself as it works better I think.

I'm curious to what your up to, that's quite a flip-flop in ratios and surprisingly high PG for a veteran vaper. Though I do 60:40 PG:VG mixes for my non creamy juices myself as it works better I think.

I mixed some T Juice Tangerine Dream about 3 weeks ago and don't like it at all,yuck,so a pal of mine tried it in a dripper and liked it but she can't handle high VG,hence the change.
    I use only 70 and sometimes 80 VG especially with the T Juice range,great flavour and clouds. :D

• Advertisement

alec76 wrote: »

The tanks that are available now are fantastic for flavour,clouds but at the price of devouring juice,I have a Smok TFV4 with a sextuple 0.4 coil,using that tank at it's max of 100 watts will empty 5 mls of juice in about 30 minutes,Sense Herakles Plus would be similar.
    Needless to say I wouldn't use these tanks all the time but they do give a fantastic vape when called upon.

Advertisement