Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season long bets/accumulators (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I think Chelsea are well priced at 3/1 (bet365) for top 6 finish,currently 8 points off.They seem to had got their act together and are well capable of having a strong run in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Think it's curtains for aguero bagging the tgs this season after Vardys 2 last night, don't think he'll catch him at this stage with 14 games left, my other bet that i give a better chance is ronaldo tgs/Bournemouth relegated and Carolina Panthers to win the Super Bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Think it's curtains for aguero bagging the tgs this season after Vardys 2 last night, don't think he'll catch him at this stage with 14 games left, my other bet that i give a better chance is ronaldo tgs/Bournemouth relegated and Carolina Panthers to win the Super Bowl.

you can get vardy at 3.5 still if you feel that way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Think it's curtains for aguero bagging the tgs this season after Vardys 2 last night, don't think he'll catch him at this stage with 14 games left

He's 5 behind with 14 games to go. If any striker in the league is capable of it it's Aguero. I think he'll catch vardy as long as he stays fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

He's 5 behind with 14 games to go. If any striker in the league is capable of it it's Aguero. I think he'll catch vardy as long as he stays fit.

I thought so too but I was at the King Power on Tuesday (in the away end) and Vardy got two chances and scored them both. He looks like he will keep scoring. If he bags another 8 or 9 in the last 14, I don't see him being caught tbh. I'm on Aguero. Hopefully he can do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Going to go big on a dual forecast of Arsenal and Man City both to finish in the top 2 @ 8/15. Seems a good price, can't see spurs catching them, Leicester will do well to get top 4, won't finish top 2.

EDIT: IT's in to 1/2 now after Utd's result tonight. Could change again tomorrow depending on results, but I fancy City to win and Arsenal to draw at worst so gonna back it now anyway.

Getting a bit worried about this dual forecast of Arsenal and City. Leicester don't look like stopping and if they avoid defeat on Saturday they could finish top 2.

What does anyone else think? I've no cash out option but I could back Leicester for top 2 to cover it. Then I'm in even more trouble if Spurs finish top 2 though. They hardly will, will they? What should I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Tough ask for Aguero to make up 5 goals with the games Man City have left. I think Vardy at 9/4 looks a super bet. Would be more worried about Kane catching Vardy to be honest.

H- Leic, Tott, MU, West Bro, Stoke, Ars

A- New, Liv, Nor, Bourn, Chel, South, Swan

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Just did Everton to finish Top 6 7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Everton to finish above Liverpool 5/4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Found a betting slip in a drawer from the start of the season

5 euro accum of

Bournemouth to be relegated
    Copenhagen, Sparta Prague and Legia Warsaw to win their leagues
    Middlesborough to get promoted.

Actually looks pretty decent at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Found a betting slip in a drawer from the start of the season

5 euro accum of

Bournemouth to be relegated
    Copenhagen, Sparta Prague and Legia Warsaw to win their leagues
    Middlesborough to get promoted.

Actually looks pretty decent at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    chelsea have wiped out all my ante post bets

did these a few weeks back, got to be hopeful if vardy stays fit
    aguero surely the only worry now
    fancy hull very strongly to finish ahead of boro and derby at the very least

15cheuh.jpg

ab1lpk.jpg

I'd be gutted now if vardy couldnt go on a goal run and put this to bed
    home to norwich next a great opportunity to extend his lead
    kane and aguero the two to worry about with lukaku gone off the boil
    I may be hiding behind the sofa when city play villa in a few weeks

hull sit top but its still wide open
    be great if wigan could string a few wins together but burton looking like the team right now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Put €30 total on Spurs, Everton & Watford for the Cup. Surely at least one of them should have a decent run, shouldn't they?:p

Well two out of three aint bad. That's a one in four chance of a win, amirite guys?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

I had a variety of bets at the start of the season or a couple of weeks in. None of them are looking nailed on and some are fceked.

Fenerbahce (13/10) and Barca (10/11) to win their leagues double (100 euro): thought this was a good bet as Fener splashed the cash in the summer. Its between them and Besiktas. Fener are now evens and Besiktas are 8/11.

Assorted bets amounting to 100 euro on Bournemouth to finish bottom/get relegated. Possible but unlikely I'd say.

30 euro on Wayne Rooney to be top english scorer in the league. Fcuked.

Carlos Bacca to be top Serie A scorer. it was a good bet at 9/1 as he is second top scorer. Unfortunately the fact that Bacca pretty much has to do it all himself coz Milan are terribleand Higuan is in great form means this bet is doomed. Only stuck a tenner or so on it.

Barca to win the CL at 7/2, 100 euro. They are the best team and should do it.

20 euro each on Neymar and Suarez to win the la liga top scorer. Suarez is favourite but ronaldo could go on a run.

I also backed Palace and newcastle to finish top half of the PL. LOL is all you can says about that.

Chelsea and aguero 14/1 100 Euro- down the ****ter

My other accu that is alive but dieing slowly, 47/1 100 Euro.

Highland reel (a lovely horse)- won
    Psg to win ligue 1. - they have it won
    Psv to win eredivisie. - tight but they'll do it I think
    Juventus to win serie a. - tight but they should do it
    Aguero to be top goalscorer. - 5 behind, possible but I'm pessimistic

So I went into PP today to collect on Villa bottom at Xmas and I was told I couldn't cos the slip had other bets that don't mature till the end of the season. I wonder would they let me if I told them I was willing to give up on the other bets cos they're champ/top scorer bets, mostly involving Chelsea, that are now worthless...

So I went into PP today to collect on Villa bottom at Xmas and I was told I couldn't cos the slip had other bets that don't mature till the end of the season. I wonder would they let me if I told them I was willing to give up on the other bets cos they're champ/top scorer bets, mostly involving Chelsea, that are now worthless...

Sure you may Aswell give it a craic, although I doubt they'd budge on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    added wigan to those...are winning now and will be 2pts off the top (coral)

2wpplba.jpg

current odds 5/2 7/4 6/4

had given up on this one but with burton losing tonight wigan are only 4 behind with a game more played
    the ups and downs of ante post betting
    one will surely break my heart

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Took one last roll of the dice for the season on Friday- Hull o/r , PSV o/r and Barca CL o/r in a trixie and then Juve o/r in an accum with the above. Bad enough weekend in the championship with Hull drawing and Burnely/Boro winning. Kinda regret putting Hull in there now the championship looking like it's gonna be a very tight 3 horse race.

Just stuck a few quid on Mclaren to be the next premiership manager to go at 14s.

McLaren only fifth favourite for this ATM. What exactly does he have to do to put his job at risk?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

If you like gambling in combination wit ha bit of speculating.....

There is big chance Twente will be kicked out of the Dutch league because of financial problems combined with 1 dodgy deal after another during the last 5 years.
    It is all to apparent now that the one succes McLaren had as a coach was becuase of huge fraud at Twente.

If they will not finish the season, PSV will lose 6 points and Ajax only 1.
    PSV already won 2x and Ajax had a draw away to Twente and still have to play them at home.

Cant see either of them lose a lot of points anymore so if PSV will lose those 5 points, it will probably mean Ajax win the league.

inforfun wrote: »
    If you like gambling in combination wit ha bit of speculating.....

There is big chance Twente will be kicked out of the Dutch league because of financial problems combined with 1 dodgy deal after another during the last 5 years.
    It is all to apparent now that the one succes McLaren had as a coach was becuase of huge fraud at Twente.

If they will not finish the season, PSV will lose 6 points and Ajax only 1.
    PSV already won 2x and Ajax had a draw away to Twente and still have to play them at home.

Cant see either of them lose a lot of points anymore so if PSV will lose those 5 points, it will probably mean Ajax win the league.

Well that is just fantastic news seeing as put Psv in a bet last week.

I'd fancy psv to beat Ajax in 3 weeks, that would put them above Ajax even if psv were to be deducted 6 and Ajax potentially 4 points

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I'd fancy psv to beat Ajax in 3 weeks, that would put them above Ajax even if psv were to be deducted 6 and Ajax potentially 4 points

IF... and it is a big if, Twente is going to be kicked out, it would at this moment only cost Ajax 1 point.

Ajax - Twente is the one but last round of the competition and they either finish the league at that point or they are gone.
    No way they ll be kicked out with just 1 match to go then

Good night for the messi / aguero tgs double with messi bagging a hat trick(should have been 4 have Suarez a pen, which he missed). Puts him 6 behind Suarez and aguero 5 behind Vardy with villa at home this weekend. Should be scoring a few against this villa team.

Good night for the messi / aguero tgs double with messi bagging a hat trick(should have been 4 have Suarez a pen, which he missed). Puts him 6 behind Suarez and aguero 5 behind Vardy with villa at home this weekend. Should be scoring a few against this villa team.

With regard aguero, I hope the team haven't become too demoralised after the 3-0 massacre the other night, haven't seen em play that badly in a while now either, hopefully it was due to celebrations from the previous game. Theyre missing de bruyne big time and silva isn't as sharp so goals won't be as plentiful as they could, having said that villa are pants and with some luck it could be about 10-0

With regard aguero, I hope the team haven't become too demoralised after the 3-0 massacre the other night, haven't seen em play that badly in a while now either, hopefully it was due to celebrations from the previous game. Theyre missing de bruyne big time and silva isn't as sharp so goals won't be as plentiful as they could, having said that villa are pants and with some luck it could be about 10-0

Keep the faith starscream a brace minimum for Sergio tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

What do you think to chances are

What do you think to chances are

On a knife edge. As Gandalf said, 'hope can be found in the darkest of places'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

What the hell? Messi top goalscorer @ 10.00??

Advertisement