Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season long bets/accumulators (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Have found 3 season long bets I like, looking for another suggestion to make it a Yankee.

What I've got:

Suarez top scorer in la liga 15/2 (with messi out for 2 months he will be the main man and at those odds I will have a gamble he out scores CR)

Stoke to finish in top 10 in PL 4/1 - shaky start but think they will rise again.

Aguero top scorer in PL - 7/2 - class is permenant etc

Anyone got something 3/1 or above I could throw in?

Maybe portsmouth for league 2 @ 11/4, only unbeaten team in the football league this season(I think).

Maybe portsmouth for league 2 @ 11/4, only unbeaten team in the football league this season(I think).

And they go and lose to Exeter during the week ! How's everyone standing at the minute ? I'd say Chelsea , juve and messi's injury have people worrying already (myself included !). Have another decent bet looking good so far but it's early days yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Right, thrown 1000 at aguero to be the top scorer at 4.5. I think he's going to go on a run with teh fixtures now, and getting over the copa america.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Austria! wrote: »
    Right, thrown 1000 at aguero to be the top scorer at 4.5. I think he's going to go on a run with teh fixtures now, and getting over the copa america.

Hope it comes in for you. 1K!! That's a lot of money.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That is 5 goals they will not take away anymore, Austria

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Austria! wrote: »

now that is sweet timing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Hope it comes in for you. 1K!! That's a lot of money.

Not looking such a lot now!;)

I did a treble last week before the new managers were announced but it looked like they would get the job.

Champions league - Real 'rafa' Madrid

Top 4 - Liverpool

Avoid relegation - Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Since the seasons starting to settle down I'm going to do a few season-long acca's for interest. Anyone got opinions on English football and European Leagues? I have one I like the look of so far...whats the thoughts on it? Ronaldo is Champions League top scorer.

Ajax will not win it.
    Unless they go big during the transfer window but i highly doubt that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

inforfun wrote: »
    Ajax will not win it.
    Unless they go big during the transfer window but i highly doubt that.

Who do you think Infor? Reckon your boys could do it or will it be PSV again?

I took Feyenoord before the season started.
    Evens without PSV and Ajax was the bet on Unibet.

Ajax might survive their group in the EL and have EL football after january.
    PSV will not qualify out of their group for either CL or EL after january.
    So Feyenoord and PSV will not have that in he run in.
    Feyenoord last year showed what an early start (CL qualifiers early august) can do with a team in the last 2 months. Although the WC before that didnt help either with a couple of players active there.
    Ajax had the early qualifiers this year.

The drive Kuyt has shown so far at Feyenoord has everbody believe they can do it.
    Where in recent years there was enough to argue about against Feyenoord doing it, there isnt much this year.
    They have goal scorers (Kuyt and Kramer), experience (Kuyt, Elia, Vermeer).

So yes, they have as good a change as psv or ajax i think. The odds to go for them though have gone down too much in order to take them now i think.
    Also, havent won it since 1999.

Next few weeks will show a lot of what this team is made of. 2x Ajax in a short period.
    Played them 2x off the pitch last season, now there are guys on the pitch who can score goals compared to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

I reckon psv will take it again this year,mwatched them play Ajax away and to honest they were by far the better team and all over them, having beat fayenoord aswell at home I think come Xmas psv will have the lead.
    psv were unlucky not to get the win 2 weeks ago after a bad clearance gave the other team a half assed last minute chance to get them an equaliser, Twas pure pox, keeper beaten on the near post, they also had to settle for another draw on the first day of the season after a 95th minute goal by the opposition, in two weeks fey and Ajax go head to head, I'd fancy a draw which will should leave 2 points between the big 3. It's gonna be a tight season, kuyt is on fire and Ajax will be there too but psv have a guile and panache about them at the moment that in my humble opinion will see them to victory come May.hopefully Luke de Jong will stay injury free.

All I need is Juve to start winning, aguero to hit the ground running when he's back for tgs and psg to keep doing what there doing. And hopefully my 47/1 shot will come in.

Anyone still got anything decent going ? Chelsea have screwed me on one bet for sure. Still have a decent one going for 2k ish but need Leicester to start slipping up and Stoke to take advantage. Have a bit of hope for this one.

chelsea have wiped out all my ante post bets

did these a few weeks back, got to be hopeful if vardy stays fit
    aguero surely the only worry now
    fancy hull very strongly to finish ahead of boro and derby at the very least

15cheuh.jpg

ab1lpk.jpg

mailburner wrote: »
    chelsea have wiped out all my ante post bets

did these a few weeks back, got to be hopeful if vardy stays fit
    aguero surely the only worry now
    fancy hull very strongly to finish ahead of boro and derby at the very least

15cheuh.jpg

ab1lpk.jpg

Nice one mail 12-1 looking great price now. Think aguero due back after international break. Was tempted to have a big bet on him e/w for top scorer, would only lose a qtr of my stake (bar a dh)if he finishes in the top 3 which I think is a cert, bar injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I have a 6 selection accumulator still going

It's Celtic, Rangers, Barcelona, B.Munich, Man utd and Derby County all league winners.

10 wins 1200. Celtic, Rangers, Barcelona and Munich all in good shape. Man utd 2 points off the top and Derby 4 points off top.

It's Celtic, Rangers, Barcelona, B.Munich, Man utd and Derby County all league winners.

10 wins 1200. Celtic, Rangers, Barcelona and Munich all in good shape. Man utd 2 points off the top and Derby 4 points off top.

those cnuts will break your heart, just when you think they are certs to win a game they bite you in the ass

added wigan to those...are winning now and will be 2pts off the top (coral)

2wpplba.jpg

thats the last one...trebles and accum (fred( :)
    Premier League 2015/2016
    Top Goalscorer
    Vardy, Jamie 11/4
    Championship 2015-2016
    Outright
    Hull 5/2
    League One 2015/16
    Outright
    Wigan 9/2
    League Two 2015-16
    Outright
    Plymouth 5/2

Total stake
    € 6.00

Estimated return
    € 386.53

Bet ref: 233/346 €4.00 Accumulator

Market

Selection

Price

Hcp

Premier League 2015/2016
    Top Goalscorer
    Vardy, Jamie 11/4
    Championship 2015-2016
    Outright
    Hull 5/2
    League One 2015/16
    Outright
    Wigan 9/2
    League Two 2015-16
    Outright
    Plymouth 5/2

Total stake
    € 4.00

Estimated return
    € 1,010.63

Full stake
    € 10.00

Full estimated return
    € 1,397.16

• Advertisement

I took Feyenoord before the season started.
    Evens without PSV and Ajax was the bet on Unibet.

Ajax might survive their group in the EL and have EL football after january.
    PSV will not qualify out of their group for either CL or EL after january.
    So Feyenoord and PSV will not have that in he run in.
    Feyenoord last year showed what an early start (CL qualifiers early august) can do with a team in the last 2 months. Although the WC before that didnt help either with a couple of players active there.
    Ajax had the early qualifiers this year.

The drive Kuyt has shown so far at Feyenoord has everbody believe they can do it.
    Where in recent years there was enough to argue about against Feyenoord doing it, there isnt much this year.
    They have goal scorers (Kuyt and Kramer), experience (Kuyt, Elia, Vermeer).

So yes, they have as good a change as psv or ajax i think. The odds to go for them though have gone down too much in order to take them now i think.
    Also, havent won it since 1999.

Next few weeks will show a lot of what this team is made of. 2x Ajax in a short period.
    Played them 2x off the pitch last season, now there are guys on the pitch who can score goals compared to that.

Inforfun if you had to pick a winner of the Dutch league now who would you go for(Feyenoord loyalty aside !)? Thinking of putting PSV in an ante post bet.

Bet365 has them @6 and that is juicy i have to say.

Remains the points i made in that post you quoted, just with PSV and Ajax reversed as it looks like now.
    PSV has every chance to still compete in Europe after january.
    In the last week a big mess was created by Ajax but that i think it is not goign to really influence the first team. Similar thing happened a few seasons ago and Frank de Boer made them champions anyway.
    But things are not well there.

Heracles is well placed too but they will not stay there.

Remaining matches between Feyenoord, Ajax and PSV will not do much for the league either
    Feyenoord - PSV
    PSV - Ajax
    Ajax - Feyenoord
    All will be home wins most likely.

Another factor might be, who has still to play away on artificial pitches.
    Ajax never lost on it so are clearly having an advantage there.
    Feyenoord had 3 away so far 4 points. Really need to do better on the remaining 3

So with only 3 points between them, Feyenoord @6 is very nice.
    And Kuyt is very, very focussed on finally winning something with Feyenoord.
    Dont underestimate the value of a focused, very experienced player in what is almost an U21 league.

But if you want to pick 1 of Ajax and PSV, PSV would be my pick

Bet365 has them @6 and that is juicy i have to say.

Remains the points i made in that post you quoted, just with PSV and Ajax reversed as it looks like now.
    PSV has every chance to still compete in Europe after january.
    In the last week a big mess was created by Ajax but that i think it is not goign to really influence the first team. Similar thing happened a few seasons ago and Frank de Boer made them champions anyway.
    But things are not well there.

Heracles is well placed too but they will not stay there.

Remaining matches between Feyenoord, Ajax and PSV will not do much for the league either
    Feyenoord - PSV
    PSV - Ajax
    Ajax - Feyenoord
    All will be home wins most likely.

Another factor might be, who has still to play away on artificial pitches.
    Ajax never lost on it so are clearly having an advantage there.
    Feyenoord had 3 away so far 4 points. Really need to do better on the remaining 3

So with only 3 points between them, Feyenoord @6 is very nice.
    And Kuyt is very, very focussed on finally winning something with Feyenoord.
    Dont underestimate the value of a focused, very experienced player in what is almost an U21 league.

But if you want to pick 1 of Ajax and PSV, PSV would be my pick

Cheers inforfun, seems like it could be pretty close then I might leave it off!

mailburner wrote: »
    those cnuts will break your heart, just when you think they are certs to win a game they bite you in the ass

I take it back :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Plenty of time for them to screw me yet ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

quick question there folks, if psv were to do the double on Ajax this season and ended on the same points by the end if the season but had worse goal difference than Ajax who would be crowned champions?its getting interesting with Ajax losing the other day, fair play to feyenoord for staying up there to. Or is that rule just for aggregate knock out style games?

2006/7 season was decided on GD in the Eredivisie by 1 goal exactly in PSV's favour over Ajax.

e106aaf9ad086ecb7effe6e2de7ea249.png

H2H would have been in Ajax favour with losing 1-0 at home to PSV but winning 5-1 away to PSV.

AZ would have won it, if they would just have won against Excelsior. But yeah, they had Van Gaal as a manager (AZ) so what do you expect....

Don think rules have changed since then

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

I'm really liking Man City at 11/8 for the PL outright.

Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool continue to drop points and I don't think Arsenal will sustain it. They never do. They repeat the same season year upon year - just look at the CL draw, Arsenal qualified from the group for the 16th consecutive year and then drew Barca where they will be knocked out in the last 16. Again. Arsenal won't win the league, if Giroud or Koscielny get injured they'll drop lots of points. Leicester would do amazingly to finish in the top 4. They won't win the league.

Can only see City as a realistic winner. Even if you wanted to lay it by backing Arsenal you could.

Thoughts lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool continue to drop points and I don't think Arsenal will sustain it. They never do. They repeat the same season year upon year - just look at the CL draw, Arsenal qualified from the group for the 16th consecutive year and then drew Barca where they will be knocked out in the last 16. Again. Arsenal won't win the league, if Giroud or Koscielny get injured they'll drop lots of points. Leicester would do amazingly to finish in the top 4. They won't win the league.

Can only see City as a realistic winner. Even if you wanted to lay it by backing Arsenal you could.

Thoughts lads?
    posted in the Soccer thread,
    Arsenal have consistently been the strongest team in the second half of the season, they last few years they either got off to a bad start or someone else ran away with it.
    If they have the same run in, in second half of season, they had last 2 years then they will coast home Plus they have played 9 away whikt City only played 7 away in the PL.
    but you could still be right... thats why its called gambling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Thoughts lads?

It seems a little crazy to predict things based on "that's how it always is", instead of looking at the actual information, especially in this topsy turvy season. It's like when they say have an international match and mention the head to head results as if those completely different historical teams have anything to do with here and now. You're saying they won't win the league because of how they sucked at the random draw part of the ECL? If anything, getting knocked out of Europe early will help them to win the league.

I think it's between Arsenal and City. City are an unreliable team with poor organisation, but they have very good players and they're near the top despite missing aguero silva and kompany for large parts of the season. Those players will probably play more in future.
    Arsenal have a big injury in Coq (cazorla is no loss), and probably have issues of burnout with Wenger consistently playing the stars Ozil and Sanchez, because they don't have the same depth of quality.
    I think the prices are an ok ratio now at 2.4:2.8, but I really don't see anyone else challenging for the title so both are a bit big in my eyes.

Advertisement