Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season long bets/accumulators (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

I really like Long to be the top scorer at Southampthon. He's on 4, Pelle is on 6. 16/1 is a very strange price.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/southampton/top-league-goalscorer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Austria! wrote: »
    I really like Long to be the top scorer at Southampthon. He's on 4, Pelle is on 6. 16/1 is a very strange price.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/southampton/top-league-goalscorer

great price if he was a certain starter but probably still worth a pop
    has only started 6 times this season but he should at least start today

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

It's by no means certain. Pelle is prob the fav, I'd make him 2/1. Mane and Tadic also in with a shout. Koeman doesn't seem to fancy Long but if he keeps scoring he will keep playing. Long should be around 5/1 though, so that is massively over priced. Might throw a fiver.

posted in the Soccer thread,
    Arsenal have consistently been the strongest team in the second half of the season, they last few years they either got off to a bad start or someone else ran away with it.
    If they have the same run in, in second half of season, they had last 2 years then they will coast home Plus they have played 9 away whikt City only played 7 away in the PL.
    but you could still be right... thats why its called gambling.
    I think it's between Arsenal and City. City are an unreliable team with poor organisation, but they have very good players and they're near the top despite missing aguero silva and kompany for large parts of the season. Those players will probably play more in future.
    Arsenal have a big injury in Coq (cazorla is no loss), and probably have issues of burnout with Wenger consistently playing the stars Ozil and Sanchez, because they don't have the same depth of quality.
    I think the prices are an ok ratio now at 2.4:2.8, but I really don't see anyone else challenging for the title so both are a bit big in my eyes.

The more I think about it, the more I realise there is huge value in backing both Arsenal and City. Both above evens. City 6/5, Arsenal 13/8 with PP. You can guarantee a 20% return on investment, backing both of them (as long as one of them win). Daylight robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Just stuck a few quid on Mclaren to be the next premiership manager to go at 14s. Seems like Man Utd are reluctant to pull the trigger on LVG, if he wins the next couple of games he might hang on till end of season.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Anyone still got anything decent going ? Chelsea have screwed me on one bet for sure. Still have a decent one going for 2k ish but need Leicester to start slipping up and Stoke to take advantage. Have a bit of hope for this one.

Stoke look to be coming good now, hoping Leicster lose tonight and go into freefall in the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Aguero is breaking my heart, need him to be tgs for 4.6k, currently 8 behind, here's hoping for a hat trick tonight.

Stoke look to be coming good now, hoping Leicster lose tonight and go into freefall in the new year.

I'm holding out for that too, placed a rather lavish wager on the 'sure thing' of Stoke as top midlands team.

Any thoughts on the FA Cup folks. Spurs at 16/1 is tempting, but that's because they're up against Leicester first match. Might wait and see teams before committing...

I'm holding out for that too, placed a rather lavish wager on the 'sure thing' of Stoke as top midlands team.

Any thoughts on the FA Cup folks. Spurs at 16/1 is tempting, but that's because they're up against Leicester first match. Might wait and see teams before committing...

Was thinking of outright FA cup winner.

Thought Chelsea might be worth a stab but disappointed to see only 7/1 available. Not sure they are value as second favourites.

I will take it though because the are starting to hit some form and will see it as a realistic chance of silverware whereas Arsenal and City will be fighting for the league to the end.

Hiddink also won it last time he was in charge so he would be repeating the feat having coming in half way through their season on that occasion too.

It wouldn't be the greatest surprise ever if they won it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »

2a1f984260ad8eb46c7f7ff91d65ca49.png

Halfway the season.

Juve, after their horrible start only 3 points from the top. Winterbreak wasnt welcomed there i guess.

Barca well placed, considering they were a long time without Messi. Also get a bit more depth in their squad now with Vidal and Turan available.

Stoke in 10th. Hope they can stay there with Chelsea only 6 points behind them, you have to expect them to get above Stoke. Watford should lose a few places though as most promotion teams usually do in the 2nd half of the season.

Feyenoord ****ed up the last 2 matches beofre the break. Would have shared top position with Ajax otherwise. Now in 3rd behind them from that ****hole and psv. 6 points above 4th spot heracles who are in the process of selling their 2 main goals scorers (Tannane, Weghorst) so i consider Vitesse on 8 points as more of a threat.

Edit:
    And while i was writing about Vitesse, their manager parted company with them in order to work for Maccabi Tel Aviv.
    Cant see a manager coming in there who ll do better than Peter Bosz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I went with a medium stake on Everton and a smaller one on Crystal Palace. Spurs aren't really tempting me...but then again I'm an Arsenal fan. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

Bournemouth to get relegated at 13/2 seems like a great bet to me. They're only 4 points off the relegation zone at the moment, I can't understand why the odds aren't a lot lot shorter on them!

The Jman wrote: »
    Bournemouth to get relegated at 13/2 seems like a great bet to me. They're only 4 points off the relegation zone at the moment, I can't understand why the odds aren't a lot lot shorter on them!

Great odds if true.

If we accept Villa are gone then it's 2 from - Newcastle, Norwich, Swansea and Bournemouth.

I've excluded Sunderland because I'm convinced they will stay up.

Great odds if true.

If we accept Villa are gone then it's 2 from - Newcastle, Norwich, Swansea and Bournemouth.

I've excluded Sunderland because I'm convinced they will stay up.

One of my relegation trebles is Villa/Norwich/Bournemouth. I'd be fairly confident Swansea and Newcastle will get out of it but I don't have your faith in Sunderland unless they strengthen this month...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Have found 3 season long bets I like, looking for another suggestion to make it a Yankee.

What I've got:

Suarez top scorer in la liga 15/2 (with messi out for 2 months he will be the main man and at those odds I will have a gamble he out scores CR)

Stoke to finish in top 10 in PL 4/1 - shaky start but think they will rise again.

Aguero top scorer in PL - 7/2 - class is permenant etc

Anyone got something 3/1 or above I could throw in?

Never actually did this in the end so hopefully it doesn't come off!

Suarez second top scorer in la liga on 9, two behind Neymar, one ahead of Ronaldo and six ahead of Messi. In to 11/4 now but wouldn't mind having a few quid on Messi at 13/1 at this stage.

Stoke up to 10th and are in to evens for top 10. Given that Chelsea will rise and Leicester have so many points on the board they could be squeezed out with teams like Watford, Palace and West Ham going so well - in retrospect though 4/1 was a superb price for a single.

Aguero is on 8 goals which is 7 behind Vardy & Lukaku - out to 7/1 which I would still tempt me - no one like Aguero for 2/3 goals per game if he stays fit.

Put €30 total on Spurs, Everton & Watford for the Cup. Surely at least one of them should have a decent run, shouldn't they?:p

Used to always do third round accas but have given up cos it's such a crapshoot...

The Jman wrote: »

They were still 13/2 this afternoon. In to 9/2 now. Was going to back it, but needed to get my Skybet account verified. Bollox.

They should still stay up, but a massive price gone a begging. I think they'll definitely hit 2/1 or shorter for relegation at some stage so maybe still worth a punt, could cash it out or back someone else to lock in profit if needs be.

Going to go big on a dual forecast of Arsenal and Man City both to finish in the top 2 @ 8/15. Seems a good price, can't see spurs catching them, Leicester will do well to get top 4, won't finish top 2.

EDIT: IT's in to 1/2 now after Utd's result tonight. Could change again tomorrow depending on results, but I fancy City to win and Arsenal to draw at worst so gonna back it now anyway.

Oh Leicester really starting to piss me off now. Looked like robbery tonight going from the stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

3/1 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

PSG to win both national cups @ 3.40 awesome bet imo but I dont like to wait months for a bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Never actually did this in the end so hopefully it doesn't come off!

Suarez second top scorer in la liga on 9, two behind Neymar, one ahead of Ronaldo and six ahead of Messi. In to 11/4 now but wouldn't mind having a few quid on Messi at 13/1 at this stage.

Aguero is on 8 goals which is 7 behind Vardy & Lukaku - out to 7/1 which I would still tempt me - no one like Aguero for 2/3 goals per game if he stays fit.

Again didn't have any free cash to back this and now the odds have drifted in.

Brace for Aguero yesterday and he is now 5 goals behind top and in to 9/2.

Hat trick for Messi last week and he is 6 behind top now and into 6/1. Suarez and Neymar both have 15 at the moment but if the ratio from last season is any thing to go by then Messi should comfortably outscore both (Messi got 43, Neymar 22 and Suarez 16 last year in the league). Obviously the other two have grown in stature since joining but I still think Messi is the main man and will end up top scorer at the club.

Ronaldo is obviously the other threat and he has currently got 14 which for him is a poor return - obviously he didn't seem happy under Benitez but I do think he has declined somewhat this year and Bale seems to have taken on more of a share of responsibilities in the team (Bale has got 12 and Bezema 14 but I wouldn't class either as credible threats to Messi if he resumes his usual form.

Anyway having learned from my mistakes I am going to back both Aguero and Messi today - double only pays 37/1 now as opposed to over 100/1 it was ten days ago but worth a few quid nonetheless.

Anyone think Newcastle at 50/1 to finish top ten is worth a small investment?

Again didn't have any free cash to back this and now the odds have drifted in.

Brace for Aguero yesterday and he is now 5 goals behind top and in to 9/2.

Hat trick for Messi last week and he is 6 behind top now and into 6/1. Suarez and Neymar both have 15 at the moment but if the ratio from last season is any thing to go by then Messi should comfortably outscore both (Messi got 43, Neymar 22 and Suarez 16 last year in the league). Obviously the other two have grown in stature since joining but I still think Messi is the main man and will end up top scorer at the club.

Ronaldo is obviously the other threat and he has currently got 14 which for him is a poor return - obviously he didn't seem happy under Benitez but I do think he has declined somewhat this year and Bale seems to have taken on more of a share of responsibilities in the team (Bale has got 12 and Bezema 14 but I wouldn't class either as credible threats to Messi if he resumes his usual form.

Anyway having learned from my mistakes I am going to back both Aguero and Messi today - double only pays 37/1 now as opposed to over 100/1 it was ten days ago but worth a few quid nonetheless.

Cheers for posting this before trim meant to back this double before messi got his hat trick ! Done it after anyways managed to get 8/1 on aguero and 13/2 on messi in boyles, think I'll get a good run for my money the rest of the season.

Anyone think Newcastle at 50/1 to finish top ten is worth a small investment?

Massive odds, but no. City/Arse/Leic/Spurs/Utd/Liverpool will be the top 6, joined by 4 of Stoke/West Ham/Palace/Everton/Soton/Chelsea in the top half.

Newcastle will definitely finish bottom half, in fact I'll take that bet at 50/1 with you if you want! :D

Massive odds, but no. City/Arse/Leic/Spurs/Utd/Liverpool will be the top 6, joined by 4 of Stoke/West Ham/Palace/Everton/Soton/Chelsea in the top half.

Newcastle will definitely finish bottom half, in fact I'll take that bet at 50/1 with you if you want! :D

Well I put a fiver on them, if they get a couple of the big signings in that are being talked about I think they have a (slight) chance. Even as it is they're capable of going on a run that would get them up into mid table in a way that Norwich say aren't...

Watford to go down at 33/1 is another long shot I'm looking at...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

its a huge ask for newc to make up at 14/12pts gap on wham and stoke as is so the odds look right
    I really don't see how they will up such gaps on all above them

wouldnt be overly surprised if they managed mid table though...playing better than there results suggest
    I could see them beating watford at the weekend though and odds of 29/10 or 5/6 dc last i looked on monday seems decent

Think this goose is cooked now unfortunately man after the weekend. 7 division accumulator for 7k they letting me down for urgh. Anyways on to messi and augero now, also juventus to save my bacon after lampin on a large trixie of Chelsea, Juve and Barcelona at the start of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

West Ham 11/4, Southampton 9/2 and Stoke 8/1 to finish top 6 all seem like great value in comparison to Liverpool 4/6 and United 1/4. While United probably will sneak in there I don't think Liverpool should be anywhere near 4/6 .. If they were 13/8 I'd still probably have a problem backing them but both United and Liverpool far too inconsistent to be bankers here. I think one of those three finish above them and wouldn't mind getting something on Chelsea to finish above Liverpool in a match bet.

Liverpool have a tendency to do well in the cup competitions so a run in the Europa League is not out of the question that Liverpool squad don't have the depth to compete on three fronts so there might just be some value here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

West Ham 11/4, Southampton 9/2 and Stoke 8/1 to finish top 6 all seem like great value in comparison to Liverpool 4/6 and United 1/4. While United probably will sneak in there I don't think Liverpool should be anywhere near 4/6 .. If they were 13/8 I'd still probably have a problem backing them but both United and Liverpool far too inconsistent to be bankers here. I think one of those three finish above them and wouldn't mind getting something on Chelsea to finish above Liverpool in a match bet.

Liverpool have a tendency to do well in the cup competitions so a run in the Europa League is not out of the question that Liverpool squad don't have the depth to compete on three fronts so there might just be some value here.

Advertisement