Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-Life: Alyx (formerly: Half Life 3 is coming??)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I fear that arthritis will beat me to this release

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

The only things to survive Nuclear Armageddon will be Cockroaches and HL3 rumours..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

bigphil2 wrote: »
    The only things to survive Nuclear Armageddon will be Cockroaches and HL3 rumours..

The last breath of the last man as the third nuke hits the city: "Half...life...3...conf..."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

From the reference to spy greande there, it seems more likely to me that it's really referring to Team Fortress 2, but running on the Source 2.0 engine.

Spear wrote: »
    From the reference to spy greande there, it seems more likely to me that it's really referring to Team Fortress 2, but running on the Source 2.0 engine.

In the HL3 folder.

I still hold a quiet suspicion that we're going to get HL3 VIVE EXCLUSIVE announcement just before the pre-orders launch.

• Advertisement

^Don't do it to yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It's such a simple way of them keeping interest by doing little things like that, even if it points to absolutely nothing :pac:

It's probably a running joke in their office at this point.

"lol I put some random references to hl3 in the code for the latest Steam patch"
    "good one brah"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I like to imagine that Half Life 3 has been finished for about 5 years, and it's just sitting on Gaben's shelf in his home office. He occasionally takes it down, plays a bit of the intro sequence and gets bored and goes to play in his money pit instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Having Laugh 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Can we somehow make it your not allowed post in this thread or anything relating to HL3 without mod permission first

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yes, you must Have Level 3 access

Kiith wrote: »
    rvpgm.jpg

It's got to the point where whenever solid HL3 news is released, the world won't believe it for a while. Boy that cries wolf scenario.

If it doesn't come close to this, I'll be damn disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Doubt it'll still be relevant by the time it comes out if at all

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It'll be an NX exclusive, a launch title at that...
    Just you wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Doubt it'll still be relevant by the time it comes out if at all

I'd say the only hope of seeing it is when VR becomes more affordable, maybe a VR generation or two down the road. The only way to make HL3 hit with the impact that HL & HL2 did, is to use VR imo, & only when the tech is more mature can that be done.l

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    I'd say the only hope of seeing it is when VR becomes more affordable, maybe a VR generation or two down the road. The only way to make HL3 hit with the impact that HL & HL2 did, is to use VR imo, & only when the tech is more mature can that be done.l

I think I'd rather see Portal through VR,
    zyr3g.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,884 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

LOL saw that coming

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I wonder if there's precedent for banning a Cmod from their own category?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

d30abd9bd591a3ebd7cc5c6ea8b33aa14f81dc9bbe0f0ad468433aee969622f5.jpg

I'll just keep using this image Damnit.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    internet-troll.jpg

C-word.

That's all I can say.

:pac:

IMG_55171.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It's not even April the 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Can we all just agree that when HL3 does release that we'll just start a new thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Zillah wrote: »
    Can we all just agree that when HL3 does release that we'll just start a new thread?

All the memories though! This thread is 5 years old, it'll be at least 10 before there's even a whiff of a HL3 release, lets keep it going strong!

Advertisement