Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-Life: Alyx (formerly: Half Life 3 is coming??)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Burgo wrote: »
    All the memories though! This thread is 5 years old, it'll be at least 10 before there's even a whiff of a HL3 release, lets keep it going strong!

A lot of us will have kids before HL3 is released

A lot of us will have kids before HL3 is released

My little one will have her own by the time it happens :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

^The Combine suppression field will put paid to that.

SonicLemon wrote: »
    please let this be true

What be true?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

What be true?

I think they read the thread title and assumed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If you look at that poster's recent posts, they're clearly just trying to get to 25 posts so they can post attachments or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I know what i would like to attach to him for bumping the thread.

headcrab.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

SonicLemon wrote: »
    please let this be true

LOL all your posts are so spammy and trivial

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Absolutely
    Half-Life: Threewave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Got a bit angry watching that ending again tbh, it really is a bit shocking if they're just going to leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Thargor wrote: »
    Got a bit angry watching that ending again tbh, it really is a bit shocking if they're just going to leave it there.

Yeah its been so long since I've played it I'd forgotten how they left it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Orange Box, for the Xbox 360, is now included in the backwards compatible titles on the XB1, so we can all relive the joy, pain and then the blackness of no proper conclusion to the storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭brevity

I've lost count the amount of times I have bought & re-bought Half Life or Half Life related games...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The Orange Box, for the Xbox 360, is now included in the backwards compatible titles on the XB1, so we can all relive the joy, pain and then the blackness of no proper conclusion to the storyline.

That's how I have spent my Saturday so far
    And battlefield
    Oh and vanilla Tf2 on console is a guilty pleasure of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

ive seen that going for 12 yoyo's in CEX. one of my desert island discs for sure

For anyone who has never played it 12 quid for what the Orange Box has is like robbing Valve blind

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No surprise really. Valve aren't even really a games developer anymore. They keep their old cash-spinning franchises ticking over and make sure Steam keeps printing money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Well they're still fond of buying up other peoples ideas/maps/mods and running with them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

As super_furry says, they're making too much money off other elements to even have to consider developing a game. Why develop a game when they could just do cosmetic items and hats instead and make oodles more?!

A shame, but at least we've gotten some great games.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Absolutely
    I've given up on a half life 3 by Valve. You can understand why it was never made and you can't blame them.

That said tho, they really should have completed the story line in episode 2 or at least an episode 3 and released it in 2009. They had the engine and assets.

Because by saying they were dropping episode 3 and switching to half life 3 it implied a new game. New graphics, new physics, new engine etc. More hype and more money required to release such a product. Also from a creative aspect you wouldn't have to continue on from episode 2. Half life 3 could be about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Absolutely
    The absolute pressure on anyone who posts on this thread :D

http://www.pcgamer.com/gabe-newell-to-host-reddit-ama-tomorrow/

AMA with Gabe, anyone got anything to ask him?

As a mini game I reckon it will be questions 1 to 36.

Gaben is such a troll

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I've given up on a half life 3 by Valve. You can understand why it was never made and you can't blame them.

That said tho, they really should have completed the story line in episode 2 or at least an episode 3 and released it in 2009. They had the engine and assets.

Because by saying they were dropping episode 3 and switching to half life 3 it implied a new game. New graphics, new physics, new engine etc. More hype and more money required to release such a product. Also from a creative aspect you wouldn't have to continue on from episode 2. Half life 3 could be about anything.

TBH, I'd be happy with a text document detailing what the main story beats were going to be. I dont think anything they make would have hit the high expectations that the fans have built up in their minds at this stage. For me personally, I felt that Titanfall 2 scratches a lot of the itches that a missing Episode 3 created.

TBH, I'd be happy with a text document detailing what the main story beats were going to be. I dont think anything they make would have hit the high expectations that the fans have built up in their minds at this stage. For me personally, I felt that Titanfall 2 scratches a lot of the itches that a missing Episode 3 created.

Yeah, I'd just like an end to the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

He's doing the AMA at 3PM. Three!!!

Half-Life 3 confirmed!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will turn out like the tar Trek convention from Family guy where fans asked the cast about everything except Star Trek.

Sure with these AMAs he can just ignore questions, can't he?

Did laugh when it was posted on the neogaf gaming forum and someone said wrong section should be in off topic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sure with these AMAs he can just ignore questions, can't he?

Yep - people on AMAs ignore difficult questions or ones they don't want to answer all the time.

Most of the time, big AMAs are publicity stunts for people with upcoming films, books, etc. Ugh. I just realised how that sounded. No.

Advertisement