Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

FR8142, FR6643 and FR1742 all diverting to SNN

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

getting messy in Shannon now, one item of priority traffic inbound to shannon in 18 minutes, one ryanair now requesting a diversion to Dublin. Priority traffic is 100 miles west of shannon, estimated holding time of at least ten minutes for both ryanairs. Priority traffic is UAL102, with a pan-pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

getting messy in Shannon now, one item of priority traffic inbound to shannon in 18 minutes, one ryanair now requesting a diversion to Dublin. Priority traffic is 100 miles west of shannon, estimated holding time of at least ten minutes for both ryanairs. Priority traffic is UAL102, with a pan-pan.

This is the problem I mentioned on another thread. The best laid plan for diverting at the planning stage can get thrown into disarray when there are other diversions.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

UAL102 declaring emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

Did i hear the United say they're down to 1 engine?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

The Ryanair off to Dublin now?

https://www.flightradar24.com/RYR9Q/8cc027e

Interesting flight path!!

EI381 holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

RYR9Q now with Dublin control and has said he's tight on fuel. Been told to expect a hold at Babon (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Growler!!! wrote: »
    This is the problem I mentioned on another thread. The best laid plan for diverting at the planning stage can get thrown into disarray when there are other diversions.

whats's the cockpit environment like in a case like this? constant fuel/time monitoring I presume with a hint of planning for the next diversion well in advance of actually making the decision to divert to the second alternate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Any updates on UAL102? Tech? Smoke? Seems to be safely on the ground anyway t.g.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

12:35 just passing Wexford at FL320 westbound is USAF E-4B taking the US Sec Def home after NATO Summit

Both Ryanairs diverted to SNN on approach to NOC now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

tippman1 wrote: »
    Any updates on UAL102? Tech? Smoke? Seems to be safely on the ground anyway t.g.
    PLANE DIVERTS IN SHANNON FOLLOWING ENGINE FAILURE

12 February, 2016 - 13:12 General

A plane was forced to make an emergency landing at Shannon Airport this afternoon due to an engine failure.

Four units from the Shannon Fire Brigade and two units from Ennis were dispatched to the incident, which happened just after 12.00.

The United Airlines plane which was travelling from Houston to Munich with 111 passengers and crew on board has now landed safely.

It's the second emergency landing at the airport in as many days.

Yesterday a Royal Jordanian flight was en route from Chicago to Amman when it was forced to land at Shannon airport due to a medical emergency.

The plane was met by ambulance and medical staff on arrival at the airport.

A Jordanian national in his sixties, was pronounced dead a short time later and his body was transferred to University Hospital Limerick for a post-mortem examination.

Source: http://clare.fm/news/plane-diverts-shannon-following-engine-failure

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

The AV Herald report of this diversion makes interesting reading, (My bold)
    A United Boeing 767-400, registration N76055 performing flight UA-102 from Houston Intercontinental,TX (USA) to Munich (Germany) with 98 passengers and 13 crew, was enroute at FL370 about 160nm west of Shannon (Ireland) when the crew declared PAN reporting an engine (CF6) problem and decided to divert to Shannon (Ireland) advising the engine had been shut down. On approach ATC queried the crew to check their altitude reminding them of QNH 992 and advising the crew their aircraft was at 2000 feet, already below cleared altitude (about 15nm before touchdown), then followed up with the instruction "Stop descent!" The aircraft subsequently climbed by about 1500 feet and landed safely on Shannon's runway 06 about 30 minutes after leaving FL370. Fire crews and engineers attended to the left hand engine.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

The AV Herald report of this diversion makes interesting reading, (My bold)

I wonder was there an error in setting the altimeter. In the USA aircraft use inches of mercury rather than hPa and 29.92 inches corresponds to 1013.2 hPa, which is the standard altimeter setting. It's possible that "QNH 992" was interpreted as 29.92in.

PS I see the discussion on AvHerald is tending to this theory also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Isn't that why ATCOs outside the USA always suffix values < 1000 with 'hectopascals' when announcing altitudes? I vaguely recall an incident in the 1990s that prompted this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Squawking 7700....

2n6rnlx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

arubex wrote: »
    Isn't that why ATCOs outside the USA always suffix values < 1000 with 'hectopascals' when announcing altitudes? I vaguely recall an incident in the 1990s that prompted this.

The ATIS for SNN used to have an additional bit added at the end to highlight to crews that altitude was based on hectopascals. This was due to an American crew making an early turn over Shannon town quite a bit lower than expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Shannon Control

At DUB a few minutes ago an aircraft had problems and had to hold short B7 delaying a departing EIN, then EIN4324 had a tech problem at E7, blocking that too!

Very Loud 747 just flew over the house here in West Clare, heard it over the TV! On approach to SNN now from JFK with an engine for the diverted United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Lockheed

CityJet pos Flight from LBA just after going around, looked like it was too high for me but the data is often off for the RJs

Lockheed wrote: »
    CityJet pos Flight from LBA just after going around, looked like it was too high for me but the data is often off for the RJs

Wonder why?

RYR198C had a bird strike and is returning to Dublin hit them passing FL170

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

RYR198C had a bird strike and is returning to Dublin hit them passing FL170

I see that now, but there also seem to be other aircraft holding over the Irish Sea.

Trebor176 wrote: »
    I see that now, but there also seem to be other aircraft holding over the Irish Sea.

He's holding to go through checklists I presume, it just happens that they were already holding due to a runway change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Looks ok visually though gear down earlier than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭billie1b

They were holding to complete check lists and burn off some fuel, they were also a heavy lander, aircraft is AOG now and they are just finished boarding the new aircraft

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

billie1b wrote: »
    They were holding to complete check lists and burn off some fuel, they were also a heavy lander, aircraft is AOG now and they are just finished boarding the new aircraft

I had to look it up :o
    http://www.pprune.org/questions/348377-what-does-aog-mean.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Was there an engine ingestion and shutdown?

What flies at 17000 ft around here? Geese?

I see lots of geese activity around North Dublin and often wonder about aircraft issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭billie1b

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Was there an engine ingestion and shutdown?

What flies at 17000 ft around here? Geese?

I see lots of geese activity around North Dublin and often wonder about aircraft issues.

Don't know the type but it was hit with a minimum of 3 birds/geese or whichever

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement