Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Shannon Control

AFR930N down safely after declaring pan rescue vehicles following down 28.

EDIT: Flap failure, landed at higher VREF than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Had a go-around and landed on 2nd attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Virgin Atlantic a340 heathrow to jfk currently returning to base after turning around shortly after entering oceanic crossing...wonder what the issue is?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Virgin Atlantic London Heathrow New York has turned back off the west coast. Maybe going back to Heathrow. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Darwin wrote: »
    Virgin Atlantic a340 heathrow to jfk currently returning to base after turning around shortly after entering oceanic crossing...wonder what the issue is?

Apparently one of the flight crew suffered a 'laser-incident' at takeoff from LHR according to Twitter.

Airport Webcams ‏@AirportWebcams 5m5 minutes ago

BREAKING: VIR25B LHR-JFK is ret. to LHR due medical emergency with pilot re "laser incident at take-off". Decl. Pan

CbNLdz4WwAA6PPh.jpg:large

• Advertisement

Took them a long time to decide to turn back!

Carnacalla wrote: »

As far as I know, these eye injuries are sometimes not immediately apparent after injury such as looking at very bright light like welders etc. Might be similar with a laser incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

EDIT: Flap failure, landed at higher VREF than normal.
    EI339 went around a few mins ago, probably on foot of the problems with the AFR

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Not really. Imagine the scenario, you're on the flight deck with a couple of hundred pax behind you, laser incident on takeoff but you continue, more than likely assuming/hoping that whatever aggravation your eye is suffering from will pass with a sufficient amount of rubbing/poking/prodding and a bit of time. You certainly don't want to turn around and land back in LHR, visit the company doctor and say "ah well it was a bit itchy but it's grand now". That kind of occurrence would have you summoned to a meeting without tea and biscuits with the bosses. Also, you don't want to turn the aircraft around because you know it's going to put a substantial cost on the company and cause multiple delays/missed connections/fecked up itineraries for pax. Fast forward about 50 minutes and the eye has not improved or worse, deteriorated further. No pilot will be willing to enter the oceanic crossing with an injury such as eye trouble. Especially a laser type injury of which the full adverse effects may not become clear for a period of time. Everything must be considered, what would happen if the other pilot suffered a laser attack on approach to JFK, all of a sudden you now have an A340 with two visually impaired pilots.

The decision to turn back is not taken lightly, it is a decision based on a wide array of factors, some of which take time to present themselves, such as what was probable in this case, a deteriorating (or not improving) eye condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

First story on Sky News @ midnight, includes Shannon LIVEATC audio clip.

• Advertisement

Here's hoping the pilot recovers from this and it doesn't end his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Hope they don't fight over who lands first. :-)

12687990_10206719613561231_7743828177051275917_n.jpg?oh=97eb296b0d31da291c56d8318fcaa79f&oe=57678A89

American is 2 hours late. Delta is early.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Was there an engine ingestion and shutdown?

What flies at 17000 ft around here? Geese?

I see lots of geese activity around North Dublin and often wonder about aircraft issues.

The strike occured on rotation. FL170 is where they decided to stop the climb.

http://avherald.com/h?article=493f25e8&opt=0

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

AV Herald wrote:
    A runway inspection reported no bird carcasses were recovered from the runway. The crew decided to return to Dublin and landed safely back on runway 28 about 35 minutes after departure.
    I was listening to the ATC feed at the time and there was bits of bird debris spotted by another aircraft near the start of the runway (I think). Then the runway inspection people said it must have been a curlew. I'll listen to the archives later to see what was said exactly or where they found pieces of bird.

ETA: Huh. Don't recollect seeing the Garda chopper on this before. Probably there for the David Byrne funeral.
    Screenshot%202016-02-15%2014.08.42_zpsokhrmfc6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Gmaximum

bronn wrote: »
    I was listening to the ATC feed at the time and there was bits of bird debris spotted by another aircraft near the start of the runway (I think). Then the runway inspection people said it must have been a curlew. I'll listen to the archives later to see what was said exactly or where they found pieces of bird.

ETA: Huh. Don't recollect seeing the Garda chopper on this before.
    Screenshot%202016-02-15%2014.08.42_zpsokhrmfc6.jpg

Circling the funeral of the guy killed in the Regency shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Ryanair EI-SEV 737-700 departing DUB to ATH at 16:30

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

STK100M inbound DUB from Düsseldorf. Anybody know why it was there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

TheFitz13 wrote: »
    STK100M inbound DUB from Düsseldorf. Anybody know why it was there?

In MGL for maint.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,831 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

AF5354 inbound to DUB from Farnborough according to FR24.. what be that all about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Strumms wrote: »
    AF5354 inbound to DUB from Farnborough according to FR24.. what be that all about ?

2016-02-15 AF5354 Farnborough (FAB) Dublin (DUB) - 16:49 - Landed 17:44
    2016-02-15 AF5353 Rome (FCO) Farnborough (FAB) - 14:43 - Landed 16:05
    2016-02-13 AF5352 Farnborough (FAB) Rome (FCO) - 14:02 - Landed 17:06
    2016-02-13 AF5351 Dublin (DUB) Farnborough (FAB) - 10:38 - Landed 11:27

Any rugby on the weekend? ;)

RWY16 will likely be in use in DUB for a time tomorrow morning/early afternoon.

Becoming 11am-1pm 190 degrees 20kts gusting 32kts.

EI3408 (DUB-CFN) being operated by an ATR72-600, first time I've seen that aircraft operating that service.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

EI3408 (DUB-CFN) being operated by an ATR72-600, first time I've seen that aircraft operating that service.

Haven't seen that before myself either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Driving home through Galway City this evening I spotted some heavy iron, quite low (7,000 - 8,000ft) moving south to north - a rare sight over Galway.

Turns out it was this - https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/ei-une/#8d3548f

Flight testing, training flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Driving home through Galway City this evening I spotted some heavy iron, quite low (7,000 - 8,000ft) moving south to north - a rare sight over Galway.

Turns out it was this - https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/ei-une/#8d3548f

Flight testing, training flight?

Post maintenance test flight, before delivery to customer.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

bronn wrote: »

ETA: Huh. Don't recollect seeing the Garda chopper on this before. Probably there for the David Byrne funeral. .....

I was surprised to see the heli symbol there myself. I saw the chopper over south Dublin from3-4pm. It was noticeably higher than I have ever seen before. Would this be a reason for its transponder to be broadcasting (obviously FR24 isn't relied on by ATC and or traffic!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

I was told the Garda/air corps defender was out for the funeral aswell?
    Shocking the cost to the state that one scumbags funeral costs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement