Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

If it was commercial it probably would have shown up on Flightradar.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Shannon757 wrote: »
    If it was commercial it probably would have shown up on Flightradar.
    I didn't check FR at the time.

Is it possible to replay flights over Dublin for a period of an hour this afternoon? I've poked around on the website but all I can find is a search function that needs you to know what flight you're looking for.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I didn't check FR at the time.

Is it possible to replay flights over Dublin for a period of an hour this afternoon? I've poked around on the website but all I can find is a search function that needs you to know what flight you're looking for.

There is a playback function. It's the clock beside the search bar, I've checked but didn't see anything. I'll post a link in a sec.

There is a playback function. It's the clock beside the search bar, I've checked but didn't see anything. I'll post a link in a sec.

Here it is.
    http://www.flightradar24.com/2016-02-11/16:02/12x/53.29,-6.39/12

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Another possibility is the GASU Defender 4000 from Baldonnel?

• Advertisement

Trebor176 wrote: »

We still have that?

Nope, definitely not that (again, going on pics I've found online of it)

Bigger, and with a top horizontal bit on the tail fin - that's the bit I remember most clearly.

Thanks for the link to the earlier FR, I'm not sure I'm working it properly though - I can't see anything at all moving on it!

Anyway, I've taken up enough of this thread already. Thanks for the guesses and the info! I guess it'll just have to remain one of those "unknowns".

Nope, definitely not that (again, going on pics I've found online of it)

Bigger, and with a top horizontal bit on the tail fin - that's the bit I remember most clearly.

Thanks for the link to the earlier FR, I'm not sure I'm working it properly though - I can't see anything at all moving on it!

Anyway, I've taken up enough of this thread already. Thanks for the guesses and the info! I guess it'll just have to remain one of those "unknowns".

But it'll really bug me now:pac:

But it'll really bug me now:pac:
    Not as much as it'll bug me, trust me :D

Just wish I could describe the bloody plane a bit better!

We still have that?

Yep, and it still does the few circuits now and again up my way.

• Advertisement

Not as much as it'll bug me, trust me :D

Just wish I could describe the bloody plane a bit better!

Sounds like a t-tail.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkqLnB3XhPm-ac11pMw7O_SHqurJi3VDBXmPALbdJxOIbRZqulEw

Sounds like a t-tail.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkqLnB3XhPm-ac11pMw7O_SHqurJi3VDBXmPALbdJxOIbRZqulEw

That's more or less it. Although that one looks like it's bent slightly downwards from the centre? (maybe that's just the angle of the picture though). The one I saw today was straight across.

That's more or less it. Although that one looks like it's bent slightly downwards from the centre? (maybe that's just the angle of the picture though). The one I saw today was straight across.

tailstruc.jpg

We could be here all night with this one :P

We could be here all night with this one :P

We must find out. Maybe ring DUB ATC if we're really desperate :D

Somebody else must have seen it! I'm no plane-spotter, but it immediately caught my eye/ear because it's just so unusual to see planes down low over that area.

I can't be the only one whose attention was attracted :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

I seen that plane over Rathmines this afternoon, couldnt miss it, it was very low. It was a normal private jet with two engines at the rear. Probably the Aer Corps learjet.

I seen that plane over Rathmines this afternoon, couldnt miss it, it was very low. It was a normal private jet with two engines at the rear. Probably the Aer Corps learjet.
    Hurray! I didn't imagine it!!!

But did you see it pass over three or four times? That's the bit that's puzzling me! I know the Govt jet, but I've never known it to do other than fly from A to B!

Also, I think it may have been bigger than that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

It was the Air corps Learjet, seen it myself flying much lower than I'd ever seen it before, popping in and out of clouds. Was moving at a nice speed aswell, really cool sight. Both my sister and mother had seen it earlier doing circuits over south Dublin (circuits with a pinch of salt though as there might be some exagration from them:D)
    My 1 year old nephew was in awe at it. I'm training him well.

f23962cbf7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Hurray! I didn't imagine it!!!

But did you see it pass over three or four times? That's the bit that's puzzling me! I know the Govt jet, but I've never known it to do other than fly from A to B!

Also, I think it may have been bigger than that.....

Only seen it once, but i was cycling. My guess is that its a rehearsal for an Easter rising flyby.

• Advertisement

Mystery solved :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Mech1

Mystery solved :cool:

I guess that if more people listened to my feed these ufo's would be ifo's :D

c'mon tune in!!!

http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Mech1 wrote: »

c'mon tune in!!!

I was straight onto liveatc when I seen it but looking after 4 kids makes it near impossible to listen lol.

Mech1 wrote: »

c'mon tune in!!!

I was thinking of listening back but it would have been hard to identify.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Mech1

I was thinking of listening back but it would have been hard to identify.

Not blaming you at all at all:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

FR1892 from DUB to Bydgoszcz was over Liverpool this evening when it developed a tech problem and diverted towards London. Circled for 30 mins before landing at Stansted, emergency vehicles awaiting. An engineer examined the plane and after a while they took off again and continued to Bydgoszcz as FR1891. A friend was on the flight.

Not sure what the problem was. He said that the crew said "we have a technical problem but we don't want to say what". They stopped the climb at FL320 then descended and circled around STN at FL130 for 20 mins. Someone mentioned pressurisation problems but no masks deployed and there was no sudden descent. Maybe Avherald will shed some light.

Anyway, the return flight 1893 is on the way back to DUB now and will land at around 2 am, 2.5 hrs late.

Last Air France 747: https://t.co/DUpRcZvRbO
    Ca_6mqwWEAA4XpH.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

FR1742 entering hold at NOC due fog.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Carnacalla wrote: »
    FR1742 entering hold at NOC due fog.

FR8142 and FR6673 joining the hold too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

02abc7aa53c210f098f9393b1bfe3bb8.png

Whoops, somebody didn't change the flight number in the FMS. Should be sorted for the return leg from BRS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement