Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think Beyonce, Will and Jada Smith, Oprah Winfrey, Denzel Washington are all racists. I thought for a good while Jamie Foxx was but I think hes going out with Katie Holmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Dingle is way overrated...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Vegas is overrated. Its a commercialized boiling hot kip. its not a real american city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

fin12 wrote: »
    oh so you couldn't find any audio where her and Gail are talking about white people?? ya I might have look later myself this evening. I definitely remember listening to it. There were laughing and joking about getting white folk to work for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDmtPuPbVgU, I think it sounds racist anyway. Im at work so cant really search for stuff but il have a look later this evening

She's joking about the way her mother used talk about white people, compared to the position she is in today where they work for her (in a country where this would have been unheard of in some peoples living memory). Again, its not racist.

lollipop wrote:
    Supporting the Panthers is tantamount to saying she hates whites; look up their
    list of demands on their wiki, it's mental. Some of it is fair- like asking for
    an end up police brutality, but some of it is insane-like asking for the release of *all* black prisoners.

It's naïve, very 1960's and a good reason why you should never type a manifesto after too much weed, but it's hardly racist. While I'm sure some of them probably were its not in the list of demands there.

This bunch now, are/were racist
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation_of_Islam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭PressRun

I think Beyonce, Will and Jada Smith, Oprah Winfrey, Denzel Washington are all racists. I thought for a good while Jamie Foxx was but I think hes going out with Katie Holmes.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Why are they all racist? Surely they'd have to discriminate against people on the basis of their skin colour to be such?

Azalea wrote: »
    Why are they all racist? Surely they'd have to discriminate against people on the basis of their skin colour to be such?

Will and jada smith brought race into the oscars when there was no need to, I don't think u need to discriminate against someone to be a racist u might never have the opportunity to or u know it's not acceptable in society so u don't do it but that doesn't mean u can't hate or dislike someone based on where they're from or their skin. I just feel like they bear a grudge against white people.

Will and jada smith brought race into the oscars when there was no need to, I don't think u need to discriminate against someone to be a racist u might never have the opportunity to or u know it's not acceptable in society so u don't do it but that doesn't mean u can't hate or dislike someone based on where they're from or their skin. I just feel like they bear a grudge against white people.
    Seriously, how are they racist? :confused:

I agree they were looking for offence in relation to the Oscars but that doesn't remotely make them racist - how could it? Being racist requires a lot more than being black/white and outspoken.

Seriously, how are they racist? :confused:

I agree they were looking for offence in relation to the Oscars but that doesn't remotely make them racist - how could it? Being racist requires a lot more than being black/white and outspoken.

I honestly can't give u an answer I just feel that there is resentment within them towards white people, it's just my opinion.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MOD

We've covered this Oscars thing already, let's get back to opinions, unpopular opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

People who claim that you can't be sexist to men or you can't be racist against whites.

Anyone can be anything to anyone.

Thinking otherwise deserves a kick in the head, although if you genuinely hold those beliefs you've probably been on the receiving end of a head trauma already.

People who claim that you can't be sexist to men or you can't be racist against whites.
    Does anyone actually say that though?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

Yes. If you want the most mind bending deluded example watch the short clip from Goldsmiths Student Union on racism and sexism. It will give you diabetes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Yeah, you'll find plenty of feminists (disclaimer: not all feminists) who will say that women can't be sexist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Gerry Adams was never a member of the IRA.

Yes. If you want the most mind bending deluded example watch the short clip from Goldsmiths Student Union on racism and sexism. It will give you diabetes.
    JustShon wrote: »
    Yeah, you'll find plenty of feminists (disclaimer: not all feminists) who will say that women can't be sexist.
    Ah they're just loons - it's hardly unpopular to be critical of them.

galljga1 wrote: »
    Now THAT is an unpopular opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

galljga1 wrote: »
    Now THAT is an unpopular opinion!

As well as factually incorrect...

As well as factually incorrect...
    Bit of that here all right - e.g. black people who are friends with and work with white people... why they could only be racist towards whites! :)

Bit of that here all right - e.g. black people who are friends with and work with white people... why they could only be racist towards whites! :)

I think he meant the Gerry Adams not being in the IRA thing was factually incorrect.

• Advertisement

I think he meant the Gerry Adams not being in the IRA thing was factually incorrect.

*She* :o

*She* :o

I was thinking "Why did I assume it's a he?" after I hit post then shrugged it off. My apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I was thinking "Why did I assume it's a he?" after I hit post then shrugged it off. My apologies.

Ah, it's because females don't deal in facts and figures, they only do emotions and fainting…

Ah, it's because females don't deal in facts and figures, they only do emotions and fainting…

They occasionally do hysterics and screaming too. Or so I'm told, only real woman I've ever met is my mam.

They occasionally do hysterics and screaming too. Or so I'm told, only real woman I've ever met is my mam.

Don't forget the swooning. Totally different to fainting, I might add.

There are no women on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,237 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I hope Donald Trump wins the Republican nomination... hear me out now!

I also hope that Bernie Sanders wins for the Democrats, and I believe that if those two get through, Trump will be destroyed on TV debates when properly scrutinized on policy and exposed for the soundbite clown he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Dunno if this will be an unpopular opinion here, but it seems to be elsewhere on the internet;

Youtube is not a real job, stop fuccking whining about people using adblock.

Ah they're just loons - it's hardly unpopular to be critical of them.

Wimminz? True enough, true enough.

• Advertisement

Dunno if this will be an unpopular opinion here, but it seems to be elsewhere on the internet;

Youtube is not a real job, stop fuccking whining about people using adblock.

You might explain that for us old and slow folk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement