Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    according to someone from hellfests facebook page 'GNR will not play europe in 2016'.

so 3 shows before Coachella and then off til 2017 ???

Not bad for 3 shows, which is probably just testing the waters for a possibly bigger tour, and allowing Slash to go back to his solo band and get SMKCIII finished

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Man11

I know about them there is some in Europe this year but its only 3 possibly 4.
    That's the story in my camp

Oh boyo its happening all right but , they wont be there for the video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,887 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Man11 wrote: »

doubt ireland will be included

doubt ireland will be included

As far as I know Germany and Portugal , and possibly Wembley, 2017 full blown tour . That video os being shot on axls birthday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Huh?

Why record a video if the band isn't going to be there, it makes no sense, then again GN'R over the last 15 years have been nonsensical..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Why record a video if the band isn't going to be there, it makes no sense, then again GN'R over the last 15 years have been nonsensical..

All in it for the money, methinks!?

All in it for the money, methinks!?

Well i doubt Slash & Duff would be in it for the cash.. Then again who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Not be rude but what camp is this ? You seem to be saying random stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Well i doubt Slash & Duff would be in it for the cash.. Then again who knows.

You really think they're in this for nostalgia? Not a hope, they're all in this for 1 reason, MONEY.

2 grand for a VIP package which doesn't include a greet the meat? Yeah, money is all it is

Axl maybe in it for the money, Slash has a solo career that's doin just fine, Duff has his stuff, only a fool would part with 2 grand for a VIP with no meet & greet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

I would imagine Axl Rose is loaded. Many times more so than Slash and Duff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Axl maybe in it for the money, Slash has a solo career that's doin just fine, Duff has his stuff, only a fool would part with 2 grand for a VIP with no meet & greet.

Slash solo career that is highly dependent on playing GNR songs, Loaded were renamed Duff Mckagans Loaded to alert casuals to them, Walking Papers meh.

Why would Slash and Duff want the bust of cash any less than Axl?

Also you'd still be a fool to part with 2k for a VIP even if a meet & greet was included :rolleyes:

Slash solo career that is highly dependent on playing GNR songs, Loaded were renamed Duff Mckagans Loaded to alert casuals to them, Walking Papers meh.

Why would Slash and Duff want the bust of cash any less than Axl?

Also you'd still be a fool to part with 2k for a VIP even if a meet & greet was included :rolleyes:

2k for a VIP package with no Meet & Greet?? A reported $3m per show??? They're in it for one last payday, plain & simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Axl is absolutely LOADED he definitely doesn't need the money.

Slash recently got divorced from ex-madam/hooker and wife/manager Perla.

If anyone needs the cash it is him (no prenup)

Red King wrote: »
    Axl is absolutely LOADED he definitely doesn't need the money.

Slash recently got divorced from ex-madam/hooker and wife/manager Perla.

If anyone needs the cash it is him (no prenup)

Axl is paying off a load of people from the past, and also from the expense of Chinese Democracy,which cost $14 million to make!!!

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Not be rude but what camp is this ? You seem to be saying random stuff.

Yeah, Man11 - where are you getting all this stuff from?

Axl is paying off a load of people from the past, and also from the expense of Chinese Democracy,which cost $14 million to make!!!

Paying off who for what?

The record company recouped the 14million with the Best Buy deal. Axl is worth over 150 million and has a multimillion dollar property portfolio alone.

He is not hard up in the slightest.

None of them really are - even Adler is worth 15 million

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

RayK0309 wrote: »
    I would imagine Axl Rose is loaded. Many times more so than Slash and Duff.

I think Duff has a pretty tidy sum, maybe not as much as Axl has from song-writing credits though. I remember from his book, he mentions that when he was sobering up and studying finances he invested in a couple of Seattle start-up companies in the early 90s. The companies were Amazon and Starbucks. From the book it always struck me that he was a guy who was pretty savvy with his cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Think he also threw some money into Microsoft early doors

Duff is very wealthy, second only to Axl.

Slash admitted in interviews that he turned down hundreds of millions to reunite with Axl and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Interesting. I always figured "Duff McKagan's Loaded" was a reference towards intoxication, rather than his personal wealth. Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,259 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Heads up...

All-new G'N'R documentary on BBC Four tomorrow night, 10pm!

Heads up...

Nice one

Heads up...

is an updated one which will discuss the chinese democracy era and the solo careers and this years reunion ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Heads up...

Haha, just came over to post this.

Synopsis of the documentary tonight.
    Documentary featuring rare footage of the Los Angeles rockers in their earliest days as a fledgling band, filmed and meticulously archived over the years by their close friend producer-director Jon Brewer. They became known as `the most dangerous band in the world' and retained the title for reasons his film demonstrates via interviews with band members and those who were there on tour - and off. Brewer's film also addresses how they managed to climb the charts from the gutters of Hollywood's Sunset Strip

Guessing the documentary will probably will cover from 1985 up to 1990..

Synopsis of the documentary tonight.
    Documentary featuring rare footage of the Los Angeles rockers in their earliest days as a fledgling band, filmed and meticulously archived over the years by their close friend producer-director Jon Brewer. They became known as `the most dangerous band in the world' and retained the title for reasons his film demonstrates via interviews with band members and those who were there on tour - and off. Brewer's film also addresses how they managed to climb the charts from the gutters of Hollywood's Sunset Strip

Guessing the documentary will probably will cover from 1985 up to 1990..

• Advertisement

Just finished watching it. Already knew most of the stuff on it.

I wonder will there now be updates from the band re; their plans?

That documentary was just a rehash of what people already know, plus the rare footage was hardly rare, most of the live 80's stuff can be found on YouTube.. A wasted hour and a half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

That documentary was just a rehash of what people already know, plus the rare footage was hardly rare, most of the live 80's stuff can be found on YouTube.. A wasted hour and a half.

Sure you know most of it, but still great.

Any GNR on telly is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It wasn't made for you! :D

True, but I wish we had something else besides rehashing what is already known..

It wasn't made for you! :D

Yeah, that's a good point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

It was cool to see them rocking out but I was hoping there'd be a lot more unseen back stage footage from both the early days and the illusion tours
    Most of the live stuff shown is already available on u tube
    They'll have to give Steve a few gigs if they dont it'll send him over the edge again. It's like his sole purpose in life is to get back in the band

Does any of the more encyclopaedic heads on here know the reason there was never an official video for Nightrain when it was released as a single here just after Patience
    Considering the vids for welcome to the jungle , paradise city , sweet child , and patience would of had a good bit of air time on mtv at the time
    I think Nightrain hit no. 26 here I remember Larry Gogan playing it during his chart show and commenting on Slash's "mighty fine guitar playing " while the outro solo was fading out in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

I hope Axl doesn't **** it up by playing "One In A Million".

I don't know how Slash put up with it in the first place.

Well they haven't played the song since 88/89.. And despite some of Axl's choice of words in the song, One In A Million is still a great song..

Axl might be a gigantic asshole but it is also true that he gets a lot of undeserved criticism.

• Advertisement

Axl might be a gigantic asshole but it is also true that he gets a lot of undeserved criticism.

I'd say he's on the autism spectrum or is bi polar.

I'd say he's on the autism spectrum or is bi polar.

Think he's bipolar

GNR playing in France in september according to someone on a gnr forum.

will they play Ireland around that time ???. someone said on here the aviva stadium in august the weekend before/after the American Football

Think he's bipolar

He has denied that.

He has denied that.

i got diagnosed with Aspergers 2 years ago and fit only about 5% of the effects. i was 23 when i found out so he could have a hidden disorder (like many people do and dont knw about it).

He has denied that.

I think you'll find he's jut an out and out header 😉

Another Mexican gig added, kinda wish they'd announce the full blown tour already.

i got diagnosed with Aspergers 2 years ago and fit only about 5% of the effects.

Off-topic but how in the name of christ can that be a credible diagnosis?

As good as GN'R were when they were plugged in, it's a shame they never did an Unplugged album.

Slane has something in the pipeline for 2017 ??

I imagine it's guns n roses wud prefer the Aviva or Croke Park

• Advertisement
Advertisement